Car accidents are already complicated. They involve medical bills, insurance negotiations, and, in some cases, lawsuits. When the responsible driver flees the scene of the accident, though, this process can become downright convoluted.
Even if the responsible party fled the accident scene, you can still recover compensation. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine knows what you’re going through. A Gainesville hit-and-run accident lawyer from our firm can investigate your crash, file your claim, and pursue the financial recovery you need.
What Does a Hit-and-Run Lawyer from Our Team in Gainesville Cost?
Lawyers typically adhere to one of three payment plans:
- A single upfront payment
- Hourly billing
- Contingency fees
Car accidents aren’t cheap. In 2020, their average cost was around $29,200. We know that you may struggle to keep up with your medical expenses. For this reason, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on a contingency-fee basis. This type of payment plan is less complicated than it sounds. It means that:
- We don’t charge anything upfront.
- We don’t get paid unless you receive a settlement.
Accessibility is a core value at our firm. Don’t let your financial concerns dissuade you from getting our help.
For a free legal consultation with a hit-and-run accidents lawyer serving Gainesville, 800-747-3733
What Are the Available Damages in a Hit-and-Run Case?
Recoverable damages in your case may comprise:
- Lost wages: Car accidents can leave you with severe injuries that prevent you from returning to the workforce. You can recover your present and future lost wages, tips, bonuses, and other income-related losses.
- Medical expenses: Severe car accident injuries can be costly. Surgery, medication, and hospital stay costs can all be included in your damages’ total.
- Loss of consortium: Some hit-and-run accidents involve the passing of a loved one. We’re proud to support those who’ve lost a close relationship and can help them pursue compensation.
- Property damage expenses. Your car may have suffered serious damage in the collision, making it undrivable. You can recoup the cost of necessary repairs or replacements through an insurance claim or civil lawsuit.
These damages will vary based on the context of your case. Our team can review your situation and estimate a fair settlement value. This will help us during negotiations and allow us to fight for what you need.
You Can Seek Damages Even if the Other Driver Is Never Found
Some hit-and-run cases end without the negligent driver being found. In these situations, you can typically pursue compensation in one of two ways:
- Rely on your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. PIP coverage is mandatory for motorists in Florida. With the minimum required coverage, you should have at least $10,000 for your accident-related losses.
- Secure an uninsured motorist (UM) claim: UM claims can provide additional coverage if your PIP plan falls short of covering your damages. To file a UM claim, though, it must be part of your current insurance policy.
After reviewing your case, we may find that another party contributed to your accident. For instance, a drunk driver might have hit you because of an unsafe road condition. In that case, we can file a claim or lawsuit against the government agency responsible for maintaining the roadway.
GainesvilleHit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
We Will Manage Your Hit-and-Run Insurance Negotiations in Gainesville
Hit-and-run cases typically involve insurance negotiations. This process is risky; if you say the wrong things to an insurer, you could jeopardize your case. Similarly, if you agree to a low settlement offer, you won’t be able to pursue any more compensation. In Florida, settlement agreements are binding contracts, and by signing them, you agree to step away from your case.
Hit-and-run cases can also involve underinsured motorist (UIM) claims. The claim process for this type of policy involves the following:
- You must prove that you’ve been paying for your policy.
- You must agree to participate in your insurer’s investigation.
- You must partake in an examination under oath (EUO).
This process, like standard insurance negotiations, can make or break your case. Insurers aren’t always on your side. They may try to offer you a low sum and send you on your way. We suggest that you seek legal counsel before participating in a PIP or UIM claim.
We Will Manage Everything Your Lawsuit Requires
Our team is familiar with insurance proceedings. While you heal from your injuries, we will:
- Fight for the best settlement offer possible
- Negotiate with insurers on your behalf
- Prepare you for engaging with the insurer
- Review the applicable insurance policy
If any parts of the insurance claims process are confusing for you, our team would happily explain its specifics.
We Can Investigate Your Case
Evidence is crucial to your case’s success. Documentation shows the extent of your injuries and the value of your damages. It’s used to show the scope of your injuries and the potential value of the damages you’ve suffered. We can gather and organize the evidence related to your case, such as:
- Images of the accident
- Footage of the accident
- Witness statements
- Receipts that demonstrate your financial damages
- Medical records
- Any evidence that illustrates how your injuries have impacted your daily life
We may also consult with expert witnesses (such as healthcare providers and accident reconstruction specialists) to learn more about your situation.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
We Care for Our Hit-and-Run Accident Clients in Gainesville
Hit-and-run cases are stressful and confusing. We’re here for you and understand that you’re faced with a difficult situation. We won’t just fight for a fair settlement. Our firm offers:
- Prompt responses to any legal questions you have
- The phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- Assistance with scheduling car repair appointments
- Free case reviews
- Peace of mind
We’re committed to doing everything possible to resolve your injury case. For an up-close look at what it’s like to partner with us, we encourage you to check out our client testimonials.
Gainesville Hit-and-Run AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Don’t Wait To Get Started on Your Hit-and-Run Accident Case
In Florida, you typically have four years after a car accident to file a lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Filing a lawsuit can get complicated if the at-fault driver is never found.
However, if the responsible party is located, you could sue them to recoup your losses. Similarly, evidence, which is relevant to insurance claims, takes time to gather. We want to have as much time as possible to build a strong case.
Work with Our Gainesville Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyers
Hit-and-run cases can be more complicated than standard car accident cases. Let our team take of the details. You deserve rest, and you deserve fair compensation.
Call our offices for a free case evaluation today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW