A Brandon hit-and-run accident lawyer from our firm can help with all aspects of your case, from investigating the accident to pursuing your injury-related losses.
Securing damages after a hit-and-run accident can be difficult. Without knowing the negligent driver’s identity, you may wonder who will pay for your losses. Instead of trying to manage your case alone, you can rely on the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for professional advice and compassionate support.
For a free legal consultation with a hit-and-run accidents lawyer serving Brandon, call (800) 747-3733
You Can Trust Our Team to Take on the Following Legal Tasks
Our team strives to meet all of your legal needs. This means we take charge of all dealings with the other parties in your case, as well as taking care of you. You can trust your hit-and-run lawyer serving Bradenton to:
Assess Your Insurance Coverage Options
- Carry at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to cover bodily injuries
- Carry at least $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL) insurance to cover damages you cause other people
- Maintain your car insurance for as long as you own the vehicle
- Pay up to $500 in fines to reinstate your license and registration if you let your insurance coverage lapse
Even if we can’t find the other driver, your own PIP coverage could provide compensation for your medical bills and lost income.
Negotiate with the Liable Party for You
Sometimes, insurance companies offer fast settlements without taking victims’ actual needs into consideration. We will pursue what you need by:
- Meeting with the insurance company to negotiate a fair settlement
- Presenting evidence to establish your injuries’ severity
- Drawing up a settlement agreement
- Reviewing any feasible offers before you agree to anything
Determine the At-Fault Party
The hit-and-run driver might not be the only at-fault party in your case. For instance, if a traffic light malfunctioned and caused your collision, you could hold a government agency responsible. In another situation, if your vehicle malfunctioned and contributed to the crash, you could seek damages from the vehicle’s manufacturer.
We will use the accident report, your own testimony, and other information to establish who should pay for your losses.
Guide You Through the Legal Process
You may find it difficult to think clearly or make important decisions after your collision in Brandon. A lawyer from our office can guide you through every step of the legal process by:
- Charging no attorney’s fees unless you get compensation
- Explaining what rights and protections you have under the law
- Giving you your lawyer’s phone number so you can contact them at any time
- Walking you through the pros and cons of possible settlement offers \
We also offer free case reviews where we can evaluate your case in minutes. There is no obligation to partner with us when you call. This is simply your chance to explore your legal options with our team.
Brandon Hit-and-Run Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We’re Ready to Pursue Each of Your Injury-Related Losses
According to FLHSMV, there were over 7,300 hit-and-run crashes in Hillsborough County in 2021. This number represents a significant increase over previous years.
Regardless of the reason behind this uptick, hit-and-run accidents cause victims physical, emotional, and financial distress. You should not have to cope with such injuries on your own if someone else was responsible for causing them.
Compensation can account for your:
Monetary Losses (or Economic Damages)
Many economic damages can easily be established by bills, receipts, and other types of paperwork. Compensable financial losses include:
- Property damage costs, including necessary vehicle repairs
- Emergency medical bills
- Certain travel expenses related to medical care
- Lost bonuses, tips, benefits, and wages
- Loss of employment or job opportunities
- Various out-of-pocket expenses, including transportation and childcare costs
Non-Monetary Losses (or Non-Economic Damages)
Non-economic (physical and emotional) damages include items like:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Physical disabilities, like the loss of a limb or a damaged organ
- Intellectual disabilities, like permanent brain damage
- Reduced quality of life, represented by an inability to live independently or perform basic tasks
Our team has years of experience determining what injured clients are owed. We will consult with experts, assess your pain and suffering, and interview witnesses to determine what you deserve.
What Should I Do After My Hit-and-Run Accident in Brandon?
After your collision, the following measures could protect your right to compensation:
Consider Prompt Legal Action
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes that you generally have four years to file your lawsuit. Under a similar statute, you typically have two years to file a wrongful death case.
Taking prompt legal action after your collision is crucial for many reasons. For instance, it ensures you file your case before the statute of limitations expires. It also prevents any time-sensitive evidence from becoming unavailable.
Refrain from Sharing Information Online
Only you, your immediate family members, and your lawyers should know about your case’s intimate details. You don’t want to reveal something incriminating about the accident or inadvertently forfeit your right to damages.
During your case’s progression, you should avoid posting statuses about the collision, uploading pictures of your injuries, and disclosing other facts about your situation.
Consider Starting Your Free Case Review
Your free case review is your chance to explore your legal options. During our conversation, you can get answers to your questions, clarity about your situation, and other benefits. You can also learn about how we serve claimants on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you don’t pay anything up front for our help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
After a Hit-and-Run Accident, Call Our Injury Team Serving Brandon
You don’t have to know the at-fault driver’s identity to recover damages. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free case review. We want everyone who lives or was injured in Brandon to receive capable legal care.