Internal bleeding is a consequence that can occur from a serious car accident. Bleeding is one possible symptom of trauma and may lead to lasting health consequences or even death. An instance of internal bleeding may also cause significant psychological trauma, and could be a reason for you to seek compensation after a car accident. A Gainesville internal bleeding lawyer may be able to familiarize themselves with your case and seek compensation from those who are responsible for your losses.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to find out how our responsive legal care means going the extra mile for each of our clients. We will fight for you or a loved one who has suffered internal bleeding or other injuries because of a car accident.
Car Accidents May Cause Internal Bleeding
Being in a car accident can cause your body to engage in motions that are not natural, and may result in serious injuries including but not limited to internal bleeding. Bleeding on the inside of your body could be the result of:
- Your body twisting in a way that causes tearing to one or more body parts
- A direct blow by an object to one or more parts of your body
- Your body striking stationary objects, such as your head hitting the steering wheel
- A separate injury, such as a broken rib puncturing another organ in a way that causes bleeding
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains that millions of Americans receive emergency care for motor vehicle accident-related injuries in a given year, and internal bleeding could be a good reason for you to seek emergency medical care.
The Risks of Internal Bleeding
The signs of internal bleeding could be difficult for you to spot, and may be a symptom of a car accident that only becomes apparent in the hours or days after your collision occurs. Healthline echoes that internal bleeding can be difficult to spot, but may be indicated by symptoms such as:
- Loss of consciousness
- Pain in the part of your body where the bleeding is occurring
- A weakened pulse or other signs of low blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Numbness in affected areas of your body
Specific parts of your body may be the cause of internal bleeding. The spleen and intestinal tract have been known to rupture or tear, and could be the source of bleeding. A particularly sensitive body part is your brain, and the Mayo Clinic explains that bleeding of the brain may be the result of a car accident. It adds that the risks of bleeding in your brain include death and permanent brain damage.
The possibility of experiencing internal bleeding without noticing it right away reinforces why it is so important for you to receive medical attention after a car accident. A doctor may be able to recognize and diagnose internal bleeding and take any steps possible to prevent internal bleeding from causing lasting damage.
Your Gainesville internal bleeding lawyer may ensure that you receive the medical care you need to be diagnosed and to care for your injuries. They can then turn their attention towards seeking any compensation that you deserve for your losses.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Your Lawyer Will Value Your Losses
Your lawyer and their team will do what is necessary to complete your lawsuit or insurance claim or lawsuit. Because the goal of an insurance claim or lawsuit is generally to secure compensation, it may be essential that your lawyer identifies all of your losses and assigns them each a value.
A car accident can lead to different losses for different victims. Some of the possible losses that you or your loved one may experience are:
- Permanent partial or total disability
- Loss of income, either permanently or temporarily
- Trauma from your accident, with MedlinePlus noting that post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is one possible result of a car accident
- The cost of medication for physical and psychological pain
- Damage to property including but not limited to your vehicle
- The cost of medical care for your injuries
- Scarring and other forms of disfigurement
- Diminished earning power
Car accidents can cause devastating losses, and accidents that result in internal bleeding may be severe in nature. Your lawyer will determine all of the ways in which your accident has negatively affected your quality of life, and will fight for you to recover compensation that repays you for your losses fairly.
Your Lawyer Will Complete Your Case
You may generally seek compensation for an accident in two ways: an insurance claim or a lawsuit. Depending on the circumstances of your accident and the way that liability is assessed, you could exercise both options towards different parties.
A lawyer can help you complete your lawsuit or insurance claim. They will gather facts relevant to your accident, collect evidence, speak with witnesses, and handle all other aspects of your lawsuit or claim. This may call for your lawyer to:
- Hire experts to recreate your accident or testify to specific aspects of your case
- Organize documentation of your injuries and other losses
- File your claim or lawsuit
- Handle communications with insurance companies, lawyers, and any other parties involved in your case
- Negotiate a settlement
- Provide a written case for why you deserve the compensation that your lawyer seeks
- Make lawsuit-related appearances and, in the case of a trial, make the oral argument for why you should be entitled to compensation
Your accident is unlike any other, as will be your case for awards. Your lawyer will do everything necessary in your specific case to seek the compensation that you deserve.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to seek justice for you while aiming to protect you from suffering any further harm. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation about hiring a Gainesville internal bleeding lawyer. Do not wait, as there could be time limits on your eligibility for a lawsuit or insurance claim.
You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
We Can Help.