Dangerous road conditions can lead to serious car accidents and injuries. These accidents are particularly frustrating when they involve negligence – you shouldn’t pay the price for someone else’s mistake.
A Delray Beach car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue accountability and compensation. Our team offers various legal services, from investigating your accident to filing a lawsuit.
Damages In A Dangerous Road Condition Accident Case
Liability insurance claims and lawsuits allow car accident survivors to pursue the following types of damages:
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Car repair expenses
- Medical expenses
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Loss of a loved one
This is a general overview of damages. More specific damages may be available to you depending on the specifics of your case.
Similarly, before pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit against the responsible party, you must first turn to your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. PIP insurance only covers 80% of your medical expenses. For additional compensation, you must prove that you suffered a serious injury, per Florida Statutes § 627.737.
Your Options After A Dangerous Road Condition Accident
After a dangerous road condition accident, you can pursue compensation in one of three ways:
- Use your PIP insurance for medical coverage
- File an insurance claim against the responsible party’s insurer
- File a lawsuit against the responsible party
As noted before, PIP insurance is the primary way to receive compensation after an accident. You must have suffered a serious injury to go beyond the 80% medical coverage limit and pursue action against the party responsible for your damages.
Under state law, serious injuries include:
- Significant and permanent loss of a bodily function
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
The Value Of A Dangerous Road Condition Accident Case
The value of your case will hinge on the following factors:
- Whether or not you suffered a serious injury, as defined by state law
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The legal team you choose to hire
- The outcome of settlement negotiations or a lawsuit
Determining your options after a dangerous road condition car accident isn’t easy. Our team can help you make sense of your case and explain the best way to fight for compensation. We can tell if you’ve suffered a serious injury and estimate the value of your case. This way, you won’t be going into settlement negotiations blind.
What If I Lost A Loved One?
Unfortunately, car accidents sometimes end in a fatality. If you’re here because you’ve lost a loved one and don’t know what to do next, we’re truly sorry. Our team has your back and is prepared to move at your pace. These are the unique wrongful death damages we can pursue on your behalf:
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
Working With A Dangerous Road Condition Accident And Injury Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our legal services are designed to give you peace of mind. Car accidents are serious business and can leave you seriously injured, stressed, and confused. We can reduce the weight of these worries.
Here’s how we can help:
- Manage every aspect of your case so that you don’t have to
- Contact and communicate with insurers
- Negotiate for a fair settlement offer
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your case
- Explain your options
- Answer your questions
In addition to fighting for your compensation, we can offer you these additional supporting services:
- Helping you schedule appointments relevant to your case
- Providing you with the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
Who Is At Fault In My Dangerous Road Condition Accident?
In a standard car accident, one driver behaves negligently, injuring another driver. If the injured driver passes the no-fault threshold, they can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the negligent individual responsible for their injuries.
However, dangerous road conditions complicate car accidents. While an individual driver may be responsible for your injuries, the negligence of a private or public entity may have played a role, too.
These are some examples of individuals and groups that could be held liable in a dangerous road condition accident:
- A government agency: Various municipal agencies are responsible for roadway safety in Delray Beach. If these agencies fail to keep roadways clear and safe, they could be held accountable for a resulting accident. Keep in mind that pursuing a lawsuit against a government agency is more complicated than pursuing a case against an individual.
- A private company: Construction often takes place on or near roadways. If a construction company or another private entity left debris on the road, causing your accident, they could be held liable.
- An individual driver: Just because dangerous road conditions caused your accident doesn’t mean an individual driver can’t be responsible. For example,imagine it started raining and road conditions became unsafe.While the road was slippery, another driver kept speeding and lost control of their car, causing an accident.
How Do I Know Who’s At Fault?
In some car accidents, it’s obvious who’s at fault. However, if dangerous road conditions play a significant role in your accident, it may be unclear who’s responsible. This can complicate a case – you can’t receive additional compensation unless you prove someone else is responsible for your injuries.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can investigate the details of your crash. We can gather and review the following types of evidence:
- Police reports
- Traffic camera footage
- Dash camera footage
- Cell phone footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Medical records
- Input from crash reconstruction specialists
This investigation can reveal who caused your accident. Once we’ve identified this party, we can work towards proving that they’re responsible for your injuries. You don’t need to guess who the responsible party is without support from a legal team. Certainty can simplify the aftermath of your crash.
The legal process hinges on concrete proof. Establishing negligence and liability requires proving the following four qualifiers:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- The liable party didn’t uphold this duty of care by behaving negligently
- This negligent behavior caused your accident
- You suffered verifiable injuries
With the evidence we gathered during an investigation, a Delray Beach dangerous road condition accident and injury lawyer from our team can work towards verifying these qualifiers. After we’ve established who’s responsible, we can begin pursuing compensation.
Don’t Wait To Get Started On Your Dangerous Road Condition Car Accident Case Today
After a dangerous road condition car accident, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit. Our personal injury team is here to keep your case on track and ensure you meet relevant deadlines. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a case evaluation today. Hiring our personal injury team costs nothing in upfront fees.
We Can Help.