Motorists who put others at risk by texting and driving should pay for the harm they cause. If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you seek justice.
Our Delray Beach, FL, texting while driving accident lawyers can pursue financial compensation from the party liable for your crash. We will build your case, protect your rights, and fight to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
We Can Seek Compensation For Your Texting While Driving Accident
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) names texting the most alarming driving distraction. According to the agency, taking just five seconds to read or write a text while traveling at 55 mph is equal to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed. Furthermore, because texting drivers are not watching the road, they may not slow down or take evasive action, possibly worsening an accident’s severity.
If another driver caused your collision because they were texting, you may be able to hold them accountable for your damages. If you have severe injuries or medical expenses that exceed your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, our attorneys can pursue your losses with an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party.
In general, our Delray Beach texting while driving accident lawyer can seek compensation for the following:
- Medical bills. We can recover the cost of your medical treatment, including emergency services, surgeries, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, and more. We can also pursue awards to pay for necessary future medical expenses, including follow-up procedures, physical therapy, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, mobility aids, and life care costs.
- Pain and suffering. We can seek compensation for physical pain, mental and emotional distress, disabling injuries, scarring, disfigurement, reduced cognitive abilities, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, and other quality-of-life reductions.
- Lost income. Our lawyers can pursue your lost wages, benefits, and earrings. We can also seek awards for lost earning capacity if you cannot return to work because of your injuries.
- Vehicle damages. We can secure awards to pay for vehicle repairs or the cost of a replacement if the damages are a total loss. We can also pursue compensation for other damaged personal property, including cell phones, laptops, or jewelry.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal car accident injury, we can recover many of the above damages on behalf of their estate. Surviving family members may also receive compensation for their mental pain and suffering and the loss of their loved one’s support, guidance, care, and companionship. However, in Florida, family members cannot file suit directly. Instead, the deceased’s executor must take action. Our wrongful death attorneys can tell you more.
Our Texting While Driving Accident Lawyers Can Prove Another Party Is Liable For Your Crash
Florida Statutes § 316.305 forbids texting while driving. This means that when a driver breaks the law by violating the state statute, it generally qualifies as proof of fault in a personal injury case.
Florida Statutes § 316.306 also forbids the handheld use of a wireless communication device for any reason (including making phone calls) when passing through a school or work zone. However, exceptions exist in both statutes for law enforcement officers, emergency situations, traffic and weather alerts, and hands-free navigation.
Unfortunately, despite laws to reduce driver distractions, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported more than 2,400 distracted driving accidents in Palm Beach County in 2020. If a texting driver in Delray Beach hurt you or your loved one, we can prove fault for your injuries and damages and do the work necessary to pursue your case. Our team can:
- Track down available cell phone, dashcam, or surveillance video of your accident
- Obtain medical records, police reports, cell phone records, and other documents
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Visit the crash site, take pictures, and collect physical evidence
- Work with crash reconstruction specialists, doctors, economists, and other subject matter experts
- Gather receipts, bills, invoices, pay stubs, and other proof of your financial losses
- Help you pursue the maximum available benefits under your PIP coverage
- Draft and file a liability claim or personal injury lawsuit against the texting driver
- Handle all case-related paperwork, deadlines, and communications
- Tirelessly negotiate to secure the most advantageous possible settlement
- Represent you at trial if needed
We Will Pursue Your Case Before Time Runs Out
You do not have unlimited time to seek damages. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit and two years to sue for wrongful death. If the statute of limitations expires, you may have no options for recovering compensation. We can help you get started before it is too late.
Our Firm Goes The Extra Mile For Personal Injury Clients
When you work with our firm, you get decades of combined legal experience and a team focused on providing responsive legal care.
We treat every client with the respect, compassion, and individualized attention they deserve. This includes providing frequent and timely case updates, promptly returning phone calls and emails, and even giving you your lawyer’s phone number. We can also help you schedule medical appointments or get your car fixed.
In addition, we never charge out-of-pocket or upfront fees. Instead, our payment comes from your successful settlement or verdict. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
Contact The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine After A Texting While Driving Accident
You should not have to pay for a distracted motorist’s illegal, wrongful, and negligent actions. Our Delray Beach texting while driving accident lawyer can stand by your side and make sure the party who caused your injury and damages is financially responsible for their mistakes.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist with your case. We offer free consultations and 24/7 support. Call now!
We Can Help.