Broken bones can lead to months of pain and force you to take time off work. Making matters worse, you could be left with a large medical bill.
If you believe another party is responsible for your broken bones, you have the right to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit. We can fight alongside you at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. A Delray Beach car accident lawyer from our team can manage every aspect of your case so that you have time to focus on your recovery.
Damages Available To Broken Bones Car Accident Survivors
If you’re suffering from broken bones after a car accident and believe another party is responsible, you could qualify for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses, both present and future
- Car repair costs
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost income while you recover from your injuries
These are the general damages associated with broken bones and car accidents. Some damages not noted here may apply to your case. A lawyer from our team can review the specifics of your accident to determine which damages you qualify for.
What Is My Case Worth?
Every car accident is different. Settlements are the same way. Several factors can influence how much you receive, including the following:
- The outcome of settlement negotiations: Car accidents often involve settlement negotiations. During this process, you or your lawyer will need to engage with insurers, who might try to reduce the value of your claim. If you don’t stand up to insurers, you receive less than you deserve.
- The severity of your injuries: Settlements generally correspond with an injury’s severity. If you fractured your skull, you’d likely receive more than someone who broke a toe. However, don’t discount the involvement of insurers focused on reducing the value of your claim.
During a free case evaluation, we can discuss the potential value of your case. Ideally, you’ll know what fair compensation looks like before negotiating with insurers. This way, insurers can’t lowball you without you knowing.
How Can I Receive Compensation?
To pursue compensation, you’ll need to use one of the following approaches:
- Use your own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
- File an insurance claim with the at-fault driver
- File a lawsuit
The type of approach you can use depends on the context of your case. In Delray Beach, you cannot file a lawsuit or insurance claim against the at-fault driver unless you suffered a serious injury, per Florida Statutes § 627.737. Our team can explain which options are available to you and if filing a lawsuit makes sense.
The Benefit Of Working With A Delray Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Broken bones car accidents involve several moving parts. Insurers might give you pushback, and if you threaten a lawsuit, you could face a rival legal team. On top of these challenges, you may be seriously hurt. Juggling these challenges alone can feel daunting and, at times, impossible.
That’s where our team comes in. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we charge no upfront fees and don’t get paid unless you receive compensation. This payment plan allows you to avoid risk. Your financial stress shouldn’t stop you from seeking a lawyer.
These are the services we can provide you with:
- Managing every aspect of your case from start to finish
- Negotiating with insurers so that you don’t have to
- Gathering evidence and investigating the details of your accident
- Communicating with every party involved in your case
- Advising you on what to do next
Accessibility Is Key
When you hire a Delray Beach broken bones car accident lawyer from our team, you can rest easy knowing they’ll fight throughout your case. However, we also care about providing you with a pleasant and straightforward legal experience.
Here’s how we can make your recovery process easier:
- Helping you schedule car repairs and other appointments
- Providing you with the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- Answering any questions you have about your case
Learn more about what it’s like to work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine by reading these client testimonials:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from the beginning to the conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “Rear-ended in February, 2017. From literally the day after the accident I have been in the extremely capable hands of this law firm. The medical providers I was sent to were top-notch, and everyone involved with handling my case (Mark, Jonathan, and Sasha) did an excellent job as well. A year later and my case is wrapping up with a result that I am more than satisfied with. Their reputation is well deserved. Thanks, guys!” – Rudy D.
Types Of Broken Bones Associated With Car Accidents
There are several types of broken bones associated with car accidents, including:
- Skull fractures: Skull fractures can occur when drivers aren’t wearing a seatbelt and collide with the dashboard
- Back fractures: The whiplash of a rear-end accident can cause damage to the spinal column
- Rib fractures: Seatbelts and airbags can both cause rib fractures
- Arm fractures: Bracing during a car accident can increase your risk of suffering a broken arm
- Femur fractures: Femurs, or the thigh bone, while strong, can snap in a high-impact car accident
Treating broken bones after a car accident can be expensive. Our team is committed to fighting for a fair recovery so that you aren’t left with medical debt.
How Long Do I Have To File A Broken Bones Car Accident Lawsuit?
There are two deadlines associated with car accidents in Delray Beach, the personal injury statute of limitations and the wrongful death statute of limitations:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a): If you were injured in a car accident, you generally have four years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit.
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d): If you lost a loved one in a car accident, you generally have two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit.
These deadlines are guidelines and may shift depending on the specifics of your case. A Delray Beach broken bones car accident lawyer from our team can ensure you know all relevant deadlines.
Hire A Broken Bones Car Accident Lawyer Today
We can handle your case while you focus on your recovery. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free no-obligation case evaluation. You deserve to know what your options are.
We Can Help.