It’s common to suffer an arm and leg injury after a car accident. This type of injury may be painful, expensive, and frustrating, particularly if you believe another party is at fault.
As a resident of Delray Beach, you have the right to pursue compensation after a car accident. An insurance claim or lawsuit could reimburse you for your damages. A Delray Beach car accident lawyer from our team can negotiate with insurers and protect your best interests during the claims process.
Should I Hire A Delray Beach Arm And Leg Injury Car Accident Lawyer?
Arm and leg injuries can be serious, leaving you with large hospital bills and recovery times. By working with a lawyer, you can build a plan to pursue compensation. Remember, while you aren’t required to hire a lawyer if you’re planning to file a lawsuit or claim, a lawyer could help you make sense of complicated legal rules.
These are the services our firm provides to our clients:
- Providing guidance and information
- Answering your tough legal questions
- Advising you on your next best steps
- Conducting a thorough investigation of your accident
- Negotiating with insurers and the at-fault party
- Protecting your interests in and outside of the courtroom
- Filing a lawsuit if needed
While fighting for your compensation is our priority, we also want to ensure that you’re comfortable throughout the claims or legal process. To do so, we can provide you with these perks:
- You’ll receive the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- We can assist you with car repairs and doctor’s appointments
- We’ll respond promptly to your calls, texts, and emails
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we put our client’s needs first. This is what they’ve said about working with our legal team:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.”- Jos I.
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. .” – Charles L.
- “Anidjar & Levine is a great law firm. They gave us a free consultation over the phone and we were able to resolve our case easily.– Kharmen W.
What Do Car Accident Lawyers Cost?
Hiring a Delray Beach arm and leg car accident lawyer is easier than you might think. Our firm uses contingency fees, which means that:
- You pay nothing upfront
- You owe us nothing until we win your case
Accessibility is key to our legal practice – financial concerns don’t need to get in the way of you hiring a lawyer.
What Is My Arm And Leg Injury Car Accident Case Worth?
Arm and leg injuries are a broad category, ranging from minor bruises to permanent disability. Car accident cases are similar. Generally, the more severe your injuries, the more severe your losses are. The severity of your losses corresponds to the size of your settlement or verdict.
While we can’t estimate the value of a case without a close review, these factors typically impact what a case is worth:
- The severity and type of injuries you’ve suffered
- Whether or not you pass Florida’s no-fault threshold
- The amount of evidence you or your legal team gathers
- The outcome of a lawsuit or settlement negotiations
Our team has years of experience working as car accident lawyers. We’re prepared to evaluate the severity of your injuries and losses to assign a fair value to your damages. Understanding the value of your case is key during the settlement negotiation process. If you know what your case is worth, you could be less susceptible to unfair settlement offers.
What Is The No-Fault Threshold?
Delray Beach applies a no-fault rule to car accident cases. Essentially, this rule means that you cannot file a lawsuit or claim against the at-fault party unless you suffered serious injuries. If you didn’t suffer a serious injury, you can only receive compensation from your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance.
This is what qualifies as a serious injury, per Florida Statutes § 627.737:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
Unsure if you qualify for a lawsuit or claim against the at-fault driver? Don’t fret; our team can determine your eligibility during a free case evaluation.
Damages Available To Car Accident Survivors
In Delray Beach, you can pursue the following types of damages after a car accident:
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity or employment opportunities
- Mental anguish
- Property damages and vehicle repairs
- Wrongful death damages
- Other expenses associated with your accident
We can review your medical records and other evidence to assess which damages you’re eligible for. If your case involves losing a loved one due to an arm and leg injury, we extend our condolences. We can discuss fighting for wrongful death compensation on your behalf.
Remember that the type of damages you can pursue depends on the type of claim you’re pursuing. PIP claims only cover medical expenses. To receive additional damages, you need to file a lawsuit or claim against the driver that caused your injuries.
How Do You Pursue Compensation?
After a car accident involving an arm and leg injury, you can pursue compensation in one of three ways:
- Your own PIP insurance
- An insurance claim against the driver or party that injured you
- A lawsuit against the driver or party that injured you
The route you use to pursue compensation will depend on the context of your case. As your legal team, we can discuss which approach makes the most sense.
Car Accident Lawsuits Have A Deadline
In Delray Beach, you have four years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If you’re pursuing a lawsuit on behalf of a lost loved one, this deadline shrinks to two years. These are the standard deadlines and may shift depending on the type of case you’re filing.
While not every car accident will require a lawsuit, it’s best to preserve every option in your legal toolbox. For this reason, we advise getting a head start on your case. This way, you and your legal team will have ample time to gather evidence and build a case.
Secure A Delray Beach Arm And Leg Injury Car Accident Lawyer Today
Ready to get started on our case? Contact our offices today to secure a Delray Beach arm and leg injury car accident lawyer. Our team can provide you with a free, no-obligation case evaluation. During this meeting, we can discuss your goals and explain what we can do for you.
We Can Help.