When many people picture car accidents, they imagine two drivers: a careful driver and a negligent one. Yet, human error doesn’t cause all accidents. Sometimes, poor roadway conditions do. If dangerous road conditions caused your car accident in Boca Raton, a lawyer from our firm can seek compensation.
Your recoverable losses may comprise medical bills, pain and suffering, and property damage costs––just to name a few expenses. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can hold the negligent party responsible and manage your claim from beginning to end. Our personal injury lawyers can handle your case from start to finish while you rest.
What Constitutes A Dangerous Road Condition?
Before explaining the benefits of partnering with our team, it helps to understand what constitutes a dangerous road condition. That way, you can learn about your personal injury case’s potential and understand your options moving forward.
The most recent data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) attributes about two percent of all collisions to unsafe road conditions. Examples of these conditions include:
- Slick roadways
- Obscured or non-existent signage
- A lack of lane dividers
- Non-functioning traffic lights
- Debris on the roadway, such as shredded tires
- A lack of guardrails
A Municipality Could Have Liability For Your Losses
The City of Boca Raton Street Division oversees nearly 620 miles of public roadways, bicycle paths, and sidewalks. It has a duty of care to keep these areas safe for users. When a hazard goes unaddressed and it causes an accident, this organization could bear liability.
Yet, pursuing damages from a government agency is different than seeking damages from an individual. You must follow certain deadlines and procedures, some of which come with nuanced details. Your car accident lawyer in Boca Raton can review your case and manage these obligations on your behalf. In the meantime, you can focus on recovering from the accident and your injuries.
Our Dangerous Road Condition Lawyers Can Pursue These Damages
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine takes care of everything your case requires. While your case unfolds, you have the opportunity to attend physical therapy, spend time with loved ones, and heal from your condition. Your lawyers intend to:
- Investigate your collision. We can visit the accident scene, consult with eyewitnesses, and use accident reconstruction data to learn what happened. Understanding how your collision occurred allows us to assign fault and liability.
- Consult with your healthcare team. Your injuries serve as the basis of your wrongful death case. We may consult with your doctors to learn more about your condition and how much compensation you need.
- File your claim. If we find that a defective roadway caused your accident, we can file your claim with the overseeing municipality. As noted, this requires special attention to detail, as well as an understanding of how these cases work.
- Negotiating a settlement. We hope that after filing your claim, the liable party will agree to compensate you. Yet, if this doesn’t immediately happen, we can negotiate a sum that accounts for your damages.
- Filing a lawsuit. If negotiations don’t work out, we may file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes that most personal injury lawsuits come with a four-year filing deadline. If you’re suing a government agency, this deadline could be much shorter.
Our team offers all of these legal services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay nothing out of pocket. We withdraw our attorney’s fees from your final settlement or court award. In this arrangement, you pay nothing directly for our services.
Our Lawyers Aim To Seek Full Compensation For Your Boca Raton Collision
Compensable losses in your dangerous road condition case may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as childcare services
Your loved one may have lost their life in the collision. While compensation can’t fully address your grief, it could offer payment for funeral, burial, and memorial costs. This can allow you and your family to honor the memory of your loved one and cope in their absence.
How Much Can I Seek Through A Claim Or Lawsuit?
How much you can seek through a personal injury case depends on one thing: your situation. The cost of your damages, the injuries you suffered, and other factors dictate your case’s value. Florida is one of many states that doesn’t cap how much you can seek following a car accident.
So, there’s no limit to what you can request from the liable party. With our team on your side, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll advocate for everything you need.
Frequently Asked Questions About Partnering With Our Lawyers
As you consider partnering with our lawyers serving Boca Raton, you may ask:
What Injuries Allow Me To Seek Compensation?
If you suffered injuries that require medical attention, you can seek financial recovery through a claim or lawsuit. We’ve advocated for people suffering from:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and contusions
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains and strains
- Traumatic brain injuries
What Challenges Can My Lawyer Address?
Our legal team aims to make the claims process as easy as possible. Using our insight and years of experience, we can step in if:
- The insurance company denies your claim.
- There’s not enough evidence to supplement your case.
- You’re not sure who (or what) caused your accident.
- Another party blames you for the accident.
- You need to file a lawsuit.
We combat each of your case’s challenges.
What Happens During A Free Consultation?
When you connect with our team, you start a free consultation. Here, a representative can answer your questions, listen to your story, and explain your next steps. Remember: you pay nothing for this conversation, and there’s no obligation to partner with us. This is a no-strings-attached opportunity to meet our team.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for More Information
Our team is ready to seek the compensation you need. For more information about partnering with our car accident lawyers serving Boca Raton, call today. We can evaluate your dangerous road condition case and advise you accordingly.
We Can Help.