Fatal car crashes are often caused by negligent, reckless, or careless driving. Negligent or reckless driving can be exhibited when people drive while distracted or when tired, whereas careless driving may be exhibit when a driver purposely decides to drive over the speed limit on a roadway. Each of these examples can lead to an accident, causing severe or even fatal injuries.
If your loved one was involved in an accident that ultimately took their life, consider hiring a Boca Raton fatal accident lawyer to be by your side as you bring a wrongful death claim. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our team helps clients get compensated if they lose their loved ones in a fatal car accident.
You can discuss your case with a team member from our law firm during a free consultation. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we believe surviving members of a loved one who passed away in a fatal car accident are entitled to collect financial compensation for their losses. Contact our office at 1-800-747-3733, and we can discuss your legal options and begin working on your case right away.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal accidents lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (800) 747-3733
Fatal Car Accidents Can Happen in a Flash to Anyone
The National Safety Council (NSC) estimates that 38,800 fatalities occurred from car crashes in 2019. Although this represents a slight decrease from past years, Lorraine M. Martin, the president and CEO of NSC stated, “Thirty-eight thousand deaths is still unacceptable, even if it is fewer than in years past.”
Fatal car accidents can be avoided, so when a fatal accident occurs because of negligence, it can have a devastating effect on surviving loved ones. Losing a loved one is a pain that no one wants to go through so suddenly. Loved ones may have a difficult time grieving and finding closure because fatal accidents are usually unexpected. That is why the trauma can be so intense. It may take years for people to recover from the pain and suffering caused by a fatal accident if they recover at all.
When a wrongful death accident occurs, you and your family members may be entitled to seek compensation for all your pain and suffering. We can help you fight for a fair settlement that can help ease the losses you incurred from the accident. A Boca Raton fatal accident lawyer can help you seek justice on your loved one’s behalf.
Boca Raton Fatal Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
A Boca Raton Fatal Accident Lawyer Can Help You Establish Liability in Your Case
Your Boca Raton fatal accident lawyer can help you build your case by establishing liability and making an argument that can show how the other person was negligent in your case. There are three main areas involved in establishing liability:
- Prove duty of care: Duty of care refers to the other person’s obligation of care to the other driver. In other words, a duty of care is an obligation to avoid causing harm to others. Every driver has a duty of care when they are driving on the road. It is an automatic “given” that drivers must drive responsibly, follow the laws of the road, and not harm anyone while driving accidentally or maliciously.
- Prove the other driver engaged in a breach of duty: During this phase of the case, your lawyer may argue that the other driver breached (or broke) this duty. They may have breached their duty by the way they drove (their actions) or by something they failed to do (their inactions). Whatever the case is, your lawyer will show how their actions may have led to the accident.
- Prove causation of the accident to injuries: Your lawyer must show that the accident caused the death. In other words, the result of the accident led to the victim passing away. However, in some wrongful death cases, the other party may try to claim that illness or other health conditions factored into the victim’s death. A lawyer can prepare to fight against these statements by building evidence that supports your claims.
You can discuss your case and learn about how a Boca Raton fatal accident lawyer can help you by speaking with a team member from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We can guide you through the claims process so that you can have more peace of mind. Get in touch with our office for a free consultation by calling 1-800-747-3733.
File Your Wrongful Death Claim within the Statute of Limitations
It is important to note that every state limits how long you can wait to file a wrongful death claim after a person passes away from a fatal car accident.
According to the Florida Statutes § 95.11, the timeframe in Florida to file such a claim is generally two years. There may be some extenuating circumstances that could extend that, but you would need to talk to your legal team for more details. It is advised to file a claim right away, if possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Can Help You Gather Evidence for Your Case
Your legal team can help gather supporting evidence in your case to help prove the other driver’s liability. We may the following gather information:
- Statements your loved one made before passing away if available
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Physician notes and medical reports
- Information about the other driver
Get Started on Your Wrongful Death Claim Today
There are proactive steps you can take when seeking financial compensation for a loved one’s wrongful death. These steps may assist your lawyer in building a strong case and include:
- Keeping a journal about what happened before, during, and after the accident
- Getting contact information and potential statements from witnesses
- Contacting your legal team before making statements with insurance providers
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can count on us to ensure you are treated fairly. A Boca Raton fatal accident lawyer from our team will work hard to negotiate a fair settlement on behalf of your loved one. Call 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.