With just over 15 million registered drivers in Florida, there is plenty of congestion and risk for accidents, which make speeding all the more dangerous. If you have been in a collision involving a speeding driver, then you could file a claim or lawsuit to seek damages.
You may wonder what steps you need to take to navigate this process successfully. With the aid of one of our speeding accident lawyers in Boca Raton, you can seek compensation and work on recovering.At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will seek the full value of your losses, including your medical bills and pain and suffering.
How Our Firm Can Seek Damages Following Your Boca Raton Speeding Accident
We will use the following documents to calculate the value of your losses:
- Your vehicle repair bills
- Your medical bills
- Your employment records
- Statements from your employer
- Testimony from your doctor about your anticipated care needs
Additionally, we can assess the following aspects of your situation to determine if they add to your case’s value:
- Your estimated recovery period
- Your ability to live independently or continue working
- Your daily pain levels
- The cause of the accident
- The cost of your medical care
You Could Recover Economic Damages
After we assess your situation, we will determine what economic damages you can recover. These losses compensate you for your financial losses, both now and in the future. Examples include:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery, and medications
- Lost income, including lost tips, bonuses, vacation time, and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity, if you can no longer work your current job
- Property damage expenses
- Mental health counseling
- Physical therapy
You Could Secure Non-Economic Damages
A car accident caused by speeding can result in more than just financial losses; it can also affect your mental health, comfort, and day-to-day function. Our car accident lawyers could seek damages for the following:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Florida does not place caps on how much you can seek in non-economic damages.
These Laws Could Affect Your Case’s Outcome
Our personal injury lawyers have years of experience advocating for injured people in Boca Raton. That being said, the following laws could apply to your speeding accident case:
The Statute of Limitations
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you typically have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you fail to file within this allotted time, the court could dismiss your case. When you work with us, our lawyers can ensure that you comply with the deadlines relevant to your case, but the sooner you start, the better.
Florida’s Pure Comparative Negligence Laws
There’s a lot of confusion surrounding Florida’s negligence laws. Most people assume that because Florida’s a no-fault insurance state, they have little legal recourse following an accident. That’s not true. In fact:
- You can seek damages even if you were mostly responsible for the crash, per Florida Statutes § 768.81.
- Everyone is required to carry minimum insurance policies, per Florida Statutes § 627.7407.
- You can sue if your injuries meet a certain threshold.
We can clarify all aspects of the claims process when we manage your case.
Why Work with Our Speeding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton?
When you work with our firm, you can rest easy knowing that you have someone in your corner fighting for you. We will handle the various tasks that go into building your case. This can include:
- Interpreting the laws in regards to your case
- Obtaining the police report from your accident
- Gathering and reviewing any eyewitness statements
- Collecting your medical records
- Negotiating with the liable insurer
- Proving negligence
- Litigating your case, if necessary
We Can Consult Experts on Your Case
Our team is well-versed in personal injury law. However, when it comes to accident reconstruction, healthcare knowledge, and other details, we may consult with experts. Some of these professionals include:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical professionals
- Mental health counselors
- Police officers
We can use these individuals’ testimony to support your case.
We Can Investigate Your case
You’ll inevitably gather some forms of evidence while your case unfolds. For instance, your imaging scan results can address some important facts of your case. However, other forms of evidence, like traffic camera footage, is not so easily accessible.
Our firm can approach Palm Beach County (which retains this footage) and request this documentation. We can also get a copy of your police report, which we can get through Boca Raton Police Services. This information could support that you were harmed by negligence and deserve damages.
We Can Take Your Case at no Upfront Cost
Our firm handles personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. While your case evolves, we’ll pay for your case’s filing fees, courtroom costs, and consulting. When your case is over and yields an award, we’ll draw compensation for our help from that amount.
You don’t pay our attorney’s fees if your case doesn’t end in compensation. Additionally, we offer your first case review at no cost.
Types of Injuries That Arise from Boca Raton Car Accidents
As you can imagine, the injuries from a speeding vehicle accident can be serious. Common injuries from a speeding accident include:
- Head injuries, including concussions
- Injuries to the neck, shoulder, and ribs
- Broken bones, such as the legs, ribs, arms, or ankles
- Bruise, cuts, abrasions, and burns
Some injuries are not visible to the naked eye. For instance, you might have developed post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or depression as a result of getting hurt. All of these conditions could add to the overall value of your claim.
We Go the Extra Mile for Our Clients
Our law firm provides legal aid to those injured in speeding accident cases. Whether you were injured in Boca Raton or the surrounding area, we can build your case and seek damages.
We Can Help.