An injury can be frustrating and costly. Depending on the severity of your injury, you could be looking at dozens of visits to the doctor, daily medications, multiple medical procedures, and considerable pain and suffering. Add this to the days, weeks, or months you need to take off from work and you could lose thousands in a snap. If another party caused your injury, you are entitled to compensation. A personal injury lawyer in Sunrise can help.
The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine provides legal assistance to personal injury victims who deserve compensation for the physical and emotional losses they suffered because of someone else’s careless actions.
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation by calling 800-747-3733 today.
- Why do I need Anidjar & Levine to help me?
- How do I prove the other party was responsible for my injury?
- What proof does Anidjar & Levine use to support my personal injury claim?
- What can I do to help my case?
- Will the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine take my case?
- Let the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine help you with your case today.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Sunrise, call (800) 747-3733
Why do I need Anidjar & Levine to help me?
You may file a personal injury claim on your own and accept the settlement the insurance company offers. However, because insurers will offer you as little as possible, this one-time settlement will likely not cover all your current and future medical expenses, lost income, vehicle repairs, and other costs associated with the accident that caused your injury. We always ensure settlements cover all associated damages before we advise clients to accept them.
In addition, personal injury cases are complex and require research, negotiation skills, and an intimate knowledge of Florida’s laws and the ability to correctly apply them to personal injury cases. Our attorneys are triple threats and have research experience, negotiation skills, and the knowledge needed to win your case.
Sunrise Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How do I prove the other party was responsible for my injury?
Without a responsible party and proof of negligence, you have no claim. Proving another party was negligent requires establishing the following four elements:
Duty of Care
The liable party (i.e., defendant) had a duty to use reasonable care to avoid injuring you. For instance, a drug manufacturer has a duty to manufacture prescription drugs that do not injure consumers; individuals have a responsibility to drive in a manner that does not injure others on the road.
Breach of Duty
The defendant breached that duty and caused your injuries. In keeping with the prescription medication example, a drug manufacturer breaches its duty of care by producing drugs that are defective or dangerous in some way.
The defendant’s negligent behavior or actions caused your injury. For instance, a manufacturer’s contaminated prescription drugs can cause patients to suffer injuries.
You must have suffered in some way. This might include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc.
These four elements may appear simple but can be quite complicated because of the evidence the law requires we provide to prove your case.
What proof does Anidjar & Levine use to support my personal injury claim?
We need two types of evidence for your case: evidence to bolster your claim of negligence and evidence to support your claim for damages. Our firm uses its network of lawyers, investigators, and medical experts to build a solid case for seeking compensatory damages.
To prove negligence, we will gather the following:
- Your medical records
- The accident or incident report
- Photos or surveillance video of the scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- Store policies (to determine how often employees must check the store for hazards, what the protocol is for remedying hazards, whether security is on-hand in case there is a danger on the property, etc.)
- Cell phone records (to determine whether the other party was using his cell phone at the time of the incident)
- Maintenance records
- Complaints of hazards (this helps us establish when the property owner became aware of the hazard)
Evidence we might gather to prove your damages includes:
- Medical bills (these can include bills from medical procedures, physical therapy, counseling, etc.)
- Paystubs, W-2s
- Any other receipts related to the accident
- Testimony from medical and legal experts
- Pain journal (to prove how your accident affects your daily life)
Depending on whether the defendant was malicious or wanton in his actions, we might be able to recover punitive damages (a monetary award designed to punish a defendant for gross negligence or intentional misconduct). Florida’s negligence laws allow punitive damage awards of up to $500,000, or no more than three times the amount of compensatory damages to each claimant entitled to punitive damages. That means if you had economic and non-economic damages totaling $100,000, you may receive $300,000 in punitive damages.
For example, if experts determined a certain part was defective, and the manufacturer knew but continued to sell it anyway, a court might assess punitive damages against the company.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What can I do to help my case?
While we will handle the legal aspects of your case, there are two things we like all our clients to do:
- Get medical attention. Continue receiving medical attention until your doctor says you have received maximum medical improvement (MMI). If you stop your medical care before you reach your MMI, the insurer might claim you are exaggerating or contributing to your injuries. This could give it a reason to reduce or deny your claim entirely.
- Direct any questions about the accident to us. Chances are, sometime soon after the accident, you will receive a call from the other party’s insurer. During this call, the insurance adjuster will try to lull you into a false sense of security and use anything you say against you. If an adjuster calls, give her the basics about the accident (e.g., type, where it happened, when), but direct any further questions to us. Do not agree to a recorded statement. This allows us to protect you and your right to compensation.
Will the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine take my case?
Our team handles the following types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and falls
- Injuries from defective products
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
If we think your case has a good shot, we will take it on.
Let the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine help you with your case today.
Under Florida’s statute of limitations, you have four years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. The sooner you file your claim, the greater the chances for a more timely resolution of your case. And we know that personal injury cases can take a while to settle, which is why we keep you up to date so you know the latest developments in your case.
If you suffered injuries due to another person’s negligence, call the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine at 800-747-3733 for a free legal evaluation of your personal injury case today.