Rideshare companies must carry insurance to protect their drivers and passengers in the event of a collision. Whether you were hurt as another driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries and other related losses. However, the process is rarely straightforward when insurance companies seek to minimize their financial exposure to claims brought against them.
Our Port St. Lucie rideshare accident lawyer understands the laws and insurance requirements that apply to rideshare companies and their drivers. As such, we can help you build and pursue your case. We will fight for the compensation you deserve to move forward with your life.
What Our Port St. Lucie Rideshare Accident Attorneys Do for their Clients
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we provide full-service, responsive legal care for all of our clients. This means you will have your attorney’s direct phone number and always have us on hand to answer your questions and provide frequent case updates.
Our Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyer will:
- Investigate the facts of your case to identify liable parties
- Gather the evidence you will need to prove negligence
- Assess and document all losses and expenses related to your accident
- Manage all case administration and communications with the insurance companies
- Provide expert medical or financial testimony where required from our network of approved professionals
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Represent you in court when necessary
In short, we are here to shoulder the legal responsibility of building and pursuing your case while you focus on your recovery. Additionally, we provide our legal services on a contingency-fee basis, so you only pay us if we recover damages via a settlement or court verdict.
What Our Clients Have to Say About Us
When our former clients speak about the experience they had with our firm, they say things like:
- “The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top notch service and follow through in successfully settling my case for me, and negotiating my medical bills. Their entire staff were very hands on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services!” – Adam S.
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Port St. Lucie, 800-747-3733
What Damages Can You Recover After a Rideshare Accident?
The amount of compensation you could recover is determined based on the details of your case. Because everyone we represent is unique, we take the time to understand every way the accident has impacted your life before pursuing damages.
The damages you may recover include:
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity: You can receive compensation if your ability to work or return to work is affected due to your injuries.
- Medical bills and treatment costs: You may recover compensation for surgery, hospitalization, medications, and other medical costs.
- Rehabilitation costs: This includes specialist equipment or support required for your ongoing care needs.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation may be available for the physical pain and suffering you endured.
- Property losses: If your car is damaged or totaled, you can recover compensation.
If the accident caused the loss of a loved one, surviving family members may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. In the case of a wrongful death lawsuit, you can recover your loved one’s final medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and more.
Port St. LucieRideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How Rideshare Insurance May Work in Your Port St. Lucie Accident Case
Even though rideshare companies typically carry $1,000,000 in liability coverage, they consider their drivers to be independent contractors. This adds complexity to the legal process when they are liable for accidents.
The coverage a rideshare company will provide only applies at specific times depending on what the driver is doing.
- If a rideshare driver is not logged into the rideshare app, their own insurance will likely apply.
- If the accident occurred when the driver was logged in and waiting for a ride, the rideshare company’s liability coverage would apply if the driver’s personal insurance does not.
- If the accident happened when the driver was on their way to pick up a passenger, or while they had a passenger in the car, the rideshare company’s coverage applies.
Our team cuts through all the legal jargon and confusing insurance policy terms to help you understand your legal options in plain words. This way, you are always in the know about how to proceed with your case, what damages you are entitled to pursue, and who is liable for paying them.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What To Do After Being Injured In A Rideshare Accident
Taking the following steps can help to protect your health and financial interests if you are involved in a rideshare accident:
- Call 911 for the police and emergency medical services if anyone is injured
- Collect contact and insurance details from the driver
- Talk to witnesses and obtain their contact details
- Take photographic evidence of the accident scene and your injuries
- Learn about your legal options by contacting our team before discussing your claim with insurers
Insurance companies are quick to seek ways to reduce their financial risk in accident cases. They may offer a lowball settlement or outright deny your claim. If you hire us, we will take care of all communications with insurers on your behalf.
Port St. Lucie Rideshare AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
How long do You Have to File Your Lawsuit in Port St. Lucie?
You may decide to file a lawsuit to get the compensation you need. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
For wrongful death actions, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) would apply to your case. This statute says you have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Failure to file your lawsuit on time could mean you are no longer able to recover compensation. Our Port St. Lucie rideshare accident attorney can help you file on time.
Call for a Free Legal Consultation About Your Rideshare Accident Today
Our Port St. Lucie rideshare accident lawyers are here to protect your rights. Since 2006, we have helped thousands of injured Floridians recover the compensation they deserve after they were hurt through the negligence of another person or organization. We can help you, too.
Contact our team for a free consultation to learn more about your legal options today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW