Back injuries can turn your life upside down. Whether a careless driver hit you in a rear-end collision or you face a herniated disc after a slip and fall, you may be able to pursue compensation. If someone else’s negligence is to blame for your back injury or you were hurt at work, we can help you think through your legal options.
A Port Charlotte back injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you seek damages for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. It costs nothing up front to get started, and our team offers free case reviews.
- How do I Know if I Have a Case for Compensation in Florida?
- What Forms of Compensation Can I Seek?
- Our Back Injury Attorneys will Help You Pursue Your Legal Options in Charlotte County
- The Statute of Limitations in Florida May Affect Your Case If You File Suit
- Ask Us Your Questions During Your Free Case Review
- The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will Go the Extra Mile for Your Port Charlotte Case
For a free legal consultation with a back injury lawyer serving Port Charlotte, call (800) 747-3733
How do I Know if I Have a Case for Compensation in Florida?
There are two main situations where you could seek compensation after a back injury:
- You were injured at work and are claiming benefits.
- Your injury was caused by a negligent party such as a driver, property owner, or another entity, and you are pursuing a personal injury case.
So, you could have a case if you are eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim or if someone else’s carelessness, recklessness, or negligent inaction led to your losses.
It can be tricky to determine if your situation qualifies you for financial recovery. Our back injury lawyers can help you understand if you have a case.
Common Situations That May Lead to a Personal Injury Case in Port Charlotte
For those harmed by another’s negligence, you could pursue a case if your injury occurred in several different situations, such as:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Vehicle accidents, including car, truck, motorcycle, or other accidents
- Boat or jet ski accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Child injuries
- And more
Whether your back injury occurred in a recreational area in Port Charlotte (such as Port Charlotte Beach Park) or a local grocery store (such as Publix or Winn-Dixie), you may be able to pursue compensation.
Even if you don’t see your case type listed, our injury lawyers may still be able to help.
Port Charlotte Back Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
What Forms of Compensation Can I Seek?
Treating a back injury can entail serious medical bills, consequences for your employment, and many more challenges. Your recoverable compensation can include both the financial and the non-financial costs of your back injury.
Financial Damages Can Include Your Past, Present, and Future Bills
It’s likely that you’ll be dealing with costs not only now, but in the near future or long-term. We will consider the full picture of your financial losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
Your medical bills can reflect the cost of any emergency room care, surgeries, medications, hospitalizations, physical therapy, and more.
If your ability to work is affected, we can look at the cost of your lost paychecks as well as any changes in your ability to work in your field. If you must take a different job or cannot work at all, this too can be part of your case value.
Non-Financial Damages Can Reflect Your Suffering and More
We will work hard to build evidence proving your intangible losses. While it can be more challenging to show these losses, we have experience calculating these damages and will work to include them in your goal settlement or award amount.
- Pain and suffering, for your physical pain
- Mental anguish, for psychological challenges
- Loss of consortium, if your intimacy with a partner has been affected
- Loss of enjoyment of life, if you can’t experience your former hobbies
- And more
Essentially, non-financial damages can compensate you for the impact that the injury had on your quality of life.
Workers’ Comp Benefits Can Help You Handle the Costs of Being Out of Work
For those who were injured at work, you don’t have to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injury to seek benefits.
If you were injured on the job, you could seek benefits for:
- Lost wages
- Medical bill coverage
- Death benefits if you lost a spouse to their injuries
Our Back Injury Attorneys will Help You Pursue Your Legal Options in Charlotte County
Once we determine if you are filing a workers’ comp claim or a personal injury case, we can handle your legal needs from there. Depending on your case type and the needs of your situation, our team’s services include the following:
- Filing paperwork
- Gathering evidence to prove your injuries
- Determining negligence and liability
- Communicating with third parties for you
- Negotiating a settlement
- Assisting with any challenges to your claim or lawsuit
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
- Advising you on any relevant laws that affect your case
Essentially, we can handle every aspect of your case for you. If you are filing a workers’ comp claim and your case is denied, we can guide you through the appeals process and keep you informed of your options.
Our Lawyers Require no Upfront Fees to Get Started with Your Case
You may be wondering if it makes sense to hire legal representation, but keep in mind that legal fees shouldn’t be what holds you back. We work based on contingency, so you don’t have to pay any upfront costs to hire our help.
We only receive payment if we win your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations in Florida May Affect Your Case If You File Suit
You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in Florida. Keep in mind that the state generally limits this timeline to four years after your injury, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
We advise that you get started on your case as soon as possible to meet this time limit. Also, getting started early can help your legal team capture important evidence and build a strong case.
Ask Us Your Questions During Your Free Case Review
We know that you may have many questions about getting started with a case, and we are available to answer them all — now and throughout your legal process, if you choose to hire our team.
When you call for your free case review, you can ask us:
- Whether or not you may have a case
- What forms of damages you may qualify to seek
- What next steps we can take for your case
- How our team supports clients throughout the legal process
Once you speak with a representative and begin the process of a case, one of our injury lawyers or workers’ comp lawyers can begin assisting you immediately. We will investigate your case and proceed to file a claim or lawsuit.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will Go the Extra Mile for Your Port Charlotte Case
Our back injury lawyers work hard to make the legal process feel smooth for you. Throughout your case, we will keep you updated and work hard to seek the best possible results. You don’t have to be alone in your case.
Call our team today at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more.