In most left-turn collision cases, many people assume it is the turning driver who is responsible. However, determining liability is not always straightforward.
If you believe another driver caused or contributed to a left-turn accident in which you suffered injuries, a Naples left-turn car accident lawyer from our team is here for you. We can help you navigate the claim process, protect your rights, and provide everything you need to pursue the compensation you deserve.
How Liability Is Determined In Left-Turn Car Accidents In Naples
While it is often assumed the person turning is responsible, liability in left-turn auto collisions is not always easy to determine and often disputed. In some cases, both parties may share liability, so it is important to gather evidence to show how the accident happened, as it can affect the damages you could recover in your settlement.
Below, we’ll highlight some instances where turning drivers and approaching traffic may be liable.
Drivers making a left turn could be liable for accidents caused by:
- Failing to yield to approaching traffic at intersections
- Misjudging the speed of oncoming vehicles
- Driving while distracted – texting rather than concentrating on the road, for example
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Making an illegal U-turn
- Failing to obey traffic controls or signals
Oncoming drivers may be responsible for causing an accident by:
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Running a red light
- Driving with faulty headlights or with headlights off at night
- Driving while distracted
Our Naples left-turn auto collision lawyers will carefully analyze your case’s facts and gather evidence to show how the other driver is responsible for causing or contributing to your accident. This may help ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
Comparative Negligence In Florida
Remember that even if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover compensation, per Florida Statutes § 761.81. However, your settlement amount will be reduced by your percentage of the blame.
For example, let’s say you are found to be 10 percent at fault for the accident, and your total damages amount to $100,000. In that case, you would be eligible to recover 90% of that total, or $90,000.
Claiming Financial Damages After A Left-Turn Car Accident
All motorists in Naples must have personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, as Florida is a no-fault state. This means each driver should first file a claim with their own insurance, regardless of who is at fault for the crash.
Per Florida Statutes § 627.736, PIP is designed to pay for certain losses (provided you seek medical treatment within 14 days of the accident). However, recovery is limited to the following:
- Up to 80% of medical bills
- Up to 60% of lost wages
- 100% of replacement services
- Capped at a maximum total of $10,000 (unless you purchased a larger policy)
If you were seriously injured or the accident resulted in the wrongful death of a close family member, you may be able to bring a claim against the at-fault motorist by filing a personal injury lawsuit. Severe or catastrophic injuries requiring extensive medical care may quickly exhaust the maximum limit of your PIP coverage. A lawsuit may enable injured parties to recover additional damages beyond the scope of those covered by PIP, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Current and ongoing medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost or damaged property
In both types of claims, you should not have to fight with an insurance company for a fair settlement for your injuries and other related losses. Unfortunately, because insurance companies are businesses that want to make a profit, they may offer you less than you deserve by disputing fault, undervaluing your damages, or using other tactics.
For these reasons, seeking free and confidential legal advice from a Naples left-turn accident attorney can be beneficial before proceeding with your claim.
How We Support Our Clients In Left-Turn Car Accidents
Along with providing free initial consultations, we support our clients with insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits by providing the following services:
- Investigating the cause of the accident to determine liability
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Managing case administration and communications with insurance companies to ensure your rights are protected and you are fairly represented
- Promptly answering your questions and providing regular case updates
- Assessing the full financial extent of your injuries and associated losses
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Representing you in court, if required
What Our Clients Say About Us
While we have explained the benefits of what we offer in practical terms, we highly value the opinions of our previous clients and are proud of the results we have obtained on their behalf. To give you an idea of the excellent client-focused service our Naples car accident attorneys provide, here are a few examples of their kind words:
- “I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. This is a very professional, courteous and caring group which works hard for their clients. I am very happy with how they handled my car accident case and with the results. Thank you Ana for always being so pleasant and to Attorney Jonathon Holtz for all you did for me. I would definitely recommend this law firm… and would definitely use them again.” –Sonia G.
- “The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top notch service and follow through in successfully settling my case for me, and negotiating my medical bills. Their entire staff were very hands on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services!” –Adam S.
Start Working With A Left-Turn Car Accident Lawyer Serving Naples Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand the challenges of pursuing compensation after being injured in a left-turn accident and the stress this can add to an already difficult situation. Our mission is to support our clients by managing every aspect of their claims. We’ll shoulder the legal responsibility, so you can focus on your recovery with the peace of mind that your case is in capable hands.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about your legal options and how a Naples left-turn car accident lawyer can help you, call and schedule a free consultation with our team. We are here to help.
We Can Help.