If you were injured in an accident due to brake failure, you may be wondering who is responsible. Not only are you dealing with a broken down or totaled vehicle, but you may be suffering injuries that prevent you from working. Once your medical bills and other financial obligations pile up, legal action may be your only option for recovering your losses. Thankfully, we can get to the bottom of your brake failure car accident and discover the liable party.
If you were involved in a car accident that was caused by a defective brake, our Miami Gardens brake failure car accident lawyer is here to help. Our team will evaluate your case, identify what caused your accident, and fight for fair compensation for your injuries.
Damages You May Be Entitled To Recover
Car wrecks resulting from brake failure can leave victims with various unexpected financial obligations, which can be difficult to meet when recovering from injuries.
Securing financial compensation through a car accident claim can help alleviate your financial burdens during this difficult time. Once we evaluate your case, our brake failure car accident lawyer in Miami Gardens will identify the whole range of damages you have suffered and can potentially recover compensation for.
Examples of qualifying damages include:
- Past and current medical expenses
- Lost income if your injuries forced you to miss work
- Reduced earning potential if you had to get a lower-paying job due to your injuries
- Out-of-pocket expenses such as home or vehicle modifications required to accommodate any injuries
- Repair or replacement cost of the vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
Without legal expertise, it can be challenging to accurately estimate the extent of losses you can recuperate through a claim. Our Miami Gardens brake failure car accident lawyer will ensure you’re recovering the full compensation you’re legally entitled to.
Our Miami Gardens Brake Failure Car Accident Lawyer Can Help With Your Claim
The legal work involved in obtaining compensation can be intimidating, especially when you’re already suffering the devastating mental and physical consequences of the accident.
If our team decides to represent your case, our brake failure car accident attorney in Miami Gardens will handle the whole process from start to finish. Some ways we will help include:
- Completing paperwork: Whether you decide to go through with an insurance claim or a lawsuit, we will fill out all the relevant paperwork and submit any supporting documents to the appropriate entities.
- Identify who is liable: The attorney working on your case will investigate what contributed to the brake failure that caused your accident. Our findings will help us decide who owes you compensation. For example, if the brake failure resulted from a manufacturing defect, the vehicle manufacturer could be liable for your losses. If there are multiple liable parties in your case, your attorney will work hard to secure a fair settlement from each of their insurers.
- Gather evidence establishing fault: You will need various pieces of evidence to demonstrate the defendant’s negligence. Our legal team will obtain all the necessary evidence, such as eyewitness statements, police reports, photographs, video footage, and medical reports to build a strong case.
- Heed the statute of limitations: Florida has strict legal timelines that limit how much time car accident victims have to obtain compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Generally, you have four years from the accident date to file a lawsuit in court, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Your brake failure car accident attorney will take the appropriate steps to ensure all documents are filed on time so you do not lose out on compensation due to a missed deadline.
- Handle settlement negotiations: The first offer proposed by the insurer will likely not be sufficient to cover your damages. We will have to skillfully demand better compensation through a series of negotiations with the liable insurance carrier. We will also protect you from falling victim to bad faith practices and fight for your current and future best interests in negotiations.
- Represent you in court: If your case goes to trial, your attorney will handle every step of the court process, from filing paperwork to hearings and the trial.
Who Is Liable in a Brake Failure Car Accident Case?
A braking system can fail due to a variety of factors. The root cause of the failure will reveal the defendants. Depending on your accident, there may be multiple liable parties involved.
- If the brake failure stemmed from an inherent defect with the brake itself, the car or brake manufacturer could be held accountable for the accident and injuries.
- If the brake failure results from improper installation of the brakes, poor servicing, or another error by an employee of a dealership or auto repair shop, then your auto-mechanic or car dealership may be liable.
- If the vehicle owner did not properly maintain the brakes through regular inspections, they might be liable for your injuries.
- If the vehicle involved was a commercial truck, the company that owns and operates the truck can be held responsible.
Once the liable party is identified, we will get to work and build a compelling case against them.
Secure Our Miami Gardens Brake Failure Car Accident Lawyer Today
Whether you were harmed by your own car’s brake failure or another person’s, we will investigate to find the at-fault party and then pursue them for what you deserve. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offer representation to the victims of brake failure car accidents with the hopes of restoring and improving their quality of life.
If you were involved in a car accident that occurred from brakes malfunctioning or another negligence, contact us for a free consultation. Our team will review your case, inform you of your legal options, and discuss how we can help you win fair compensation.
We Can Help.