A personal injury lawyer in Miami Gardens could help after an auto accident, slip and fall, construction accident, medical malpractice, or other accident or event that caused your injuries. Call our experienced attorneys today to discuss the details of your personal injury case.
Typical Causes of Personal Injuries
Some of the common types of personal injury cases we handle for clients include the following:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injuries. These accidents can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord damage, brain damage, and even death. We will help you recover financial compensation to pay medical expenses for these injuries.
- Truck accidents: Trucking companies often fail to provide adequate safety equipment on their trucks, which can lead to truck accidents causing severe injuries.
- Slip and falls: Slip and falls are a leading cause of injuries in Florida. When someone trips over something or slips on ice while walking down the street, they could suffer serious injuries such as broken legs, back injuries, and neck injuries.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice is another common cause of personal injuries. Doctors sometimes make mistakes during surgery, prescribe dangerous medications, or perform unnecessary procedures. This can result in serious injuries, including paralysis, organ failure, and even death.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles are popular for commuting around town and recreational riding. However, motorcycle accidents can also be very dangerous. They can cause serious injuries like broken bones, head trauma, and spinal cord damage.
- Construction accidents: Construction accidents are another common cause of personal injury. Workers who work on construction sites face many risks, including falling objects, electrocution, exposure to toxic chemicals, and being hit by heavy machinery.
- Premises liability cases: Premises liability refers to situations where a person suffers an injury due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property. For example, a business owner might be liable for injuries when a customer slips and falls on their own floor.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death occurs when someone dies directly from another person’s negligence. Our team will bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party on your behalf.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect: Nursing homes are places where elderly patients live. Many nursing homes do not provide proper care for their residents. As a result, some of them experience physical and emotional abuse or neglect.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are vulnerable road users. That means they are more likely than other drivers to get hurt in car accidents. Pedestrians may also be injured in slip-and-fall accidents, bicycle accidents, motor vehicle collisions, and pedestrian-motor vehicle crashes.
- Workers’ compensation claims: Workers’ compensation claims are handled differently depending on whether the employee is covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming pools are great fun but can also pose dangers to children and adults alike. Children often drown in swimming pools. Adults can also suffer from drowning if they accidentally fall into a pool.
These are just some personal injury cases we handle at our Miami Gardens personal injury law firm. You may also qualify to file a personal injury lawsuit after other kinds of accidents or incidents.
Elements of Accident Negligence
Any personal injury case based on negligence must establish the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- Defendant acted negligently
- Defendant’s negligence caused your injuries
- You suffered damages because of your injuries
Speak with a member of our team today for a free case evaluation. Call to review your case.
We Can Help Identify Liable Parties for Your Personal Injuries
Failing to take proper care may be classified as negligence. For example, drivers must pay attention to the road and operate their vehicles using due care. Likewise, medical professionals must follow a standard of care when providing medical services.
If the other party acted negligently by failing to use due care, that party might be liable for your injuries.
Your personal injury lawyer in Miami Gardens can help you build a case that establishes liability. We may:
- Retrieve the police or accident report to prove how the accident happened.
- Contact eyewitnesses who can testify about how the accident occurred.
- Work with expert witnesses, such as medical experts or accident reconstruction experts.
- Retrieve medical documents, company records, or other documentation that helps establish negligence against the accident victim.
- Pursue other evidence that helps us prove negligence and liability.
In some cases, more than one party may be liable for your injuries. For example, if the party that caused your injuries was working at the time of the accident, that party’s employer may be vicariously liable for the employee’s actions.
What to Expect During Your Personal Injury Case
Your lawyer can provide more details about how your injury case may go. Here is a general overview of the personal injury process.
We may first file an insurance claim with the defendant’s insurer. This could include sending a demand letter to the insurance company to outline your case. The insurer might offer a settlement, and we may try to negotiate for a fair settlement value. If we cannot settle, we may file a lawsuit.
A lawsuit starts with your Complaint and the defendant’s Answer. Both sides may participate in discovery, during which you have to provide a deposition or answer interrogatories. We can still attempt to negotiate a settlement out of court, but if the defendant refuses to offer a fair settlement, we may take the case to trial.
How Our Miami Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help After a Personal Injury
Depending on the circumstances of your personal injury claim, our legal team may be able to help with your case in many ways, including:
Our legal team can help you calculate the value of your damages, including medical bills and lost wages you suffered. In addition to current medical bills and lost wages, you may be able to recover compensation for the following:
- Ongoing and future medical care
- Loss of future income and earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Medical equipment and home modifications
To help value your damages, keep ongoing records of medical bills and expenses, keep a journal about your health, and keep receipts of any injury-related costs or losses. Your injury attorney in Miami Gardens can help retrieve your medical records and other evidence and may work with expert witnesses to help value your damages.
Filing a Lawsuit on Time
The Florida statute of limitations states that a person has four years to file a lawsuit for negligence and two years for medical malpractice or wrongful death, with some exceptions. Our team can help you meet all deadlines for your case so you do not get barred from pursuing legal action.
Help Scheduling Appointments
Our team can assist with scheduling appointments pertaining to your personal injury case.
Keep You Updated About Your Case
Your attorney will ensure you are updated on the status of your case and any progress in pursuing compensation. We even give you your attorney’s cell phone number.
And we return phone calls and emails promptly, so you never feel left in the dark.
Get Help With Your Personal Injury Case in Miami Gardens
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine have helped thousands of clients recover compensation for injuries caused by medical malpractice, car accidents, slip and falls, defective products, unsafe workplaces, and other types of negligence.
Contact us to discuss your personal injury case. We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.
We Can Help.