Did a vehicle strike you while you were riding your bicycle in Miami Gardens? Are you concerned about medical bills piling up and losing wages because you are unable to work? You may qualify to recover compensation for your damages, and we may be able to help.
How the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help
Our legal team may be able to help you pursue your injury case. We may be able to assist in the following capacities:
Stand Up to the Insurance Company
The insurance company may try to blame you for the accident. Or it may try to claim you are partially at fault for the wreck, which may reduce your compensation under Florida comparative negligence laws.
Our legal team will work to build a case that fights back against allegations of your liability so that we can fight for a fair settlement.
Calculate the Compensation You Deserve
The insurance company may try to underestimate the compensation you deserve. We can estimate your total damages based on:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages, presently and in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
These are just a few examples of recoverable damages in a bicycle accident case. Your bike accident attorney can thoroughly evaluate your case to identify all damages – current and future – that may be recoverable in your case.
Build Your Bicycle Accident Case
Our team can help gather evidence such as police reports, photographs, and video camera footage, as well as contact eyewitnesses for testimony. We may work with expert witnesses like accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, and others who can testify about the cause of your accident or how your injuries will affect you in the future.
Help You Schedule Appointments
If you need help setting up appointments related to your accident or injuries, we may be able to assist.
Communicate With You About Your Bike Accident Case
Your legal team will take the time to answer your questions, guide you through the process, return your calls and emails, and update you as we attempt to get you compensated for your damages. We even provide you with your attorney’s cell phone number.
If you are ready to speak with a lawyer, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
Taking the following actions following a bicycle accident may help your physical or financial recovery:
Seek Medical Attention
- Even if emergency medical staff examined you at the scene, see your doctor for a follow-up appointment. It may reveal injuries not previously identified.
- Follow your doctor’s orders and visit specialists as necessary.
- Take all medications as prescribed.
Seek Legal Counsel
- Your lawyer will need the details of your bicycle accident, as well as other pertinent information.
- Share the responsible party’s contact information, eyewitness contact information, and pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and your bike with your lawyer.
Document Your Injuries
- Keep receipts of medical visits, medications purchased, and therapy sessions you have undergone.
- Document any time you had to take off work, as well as missed wages.
- Preserve any photos of your injuries and write down how your injuries affect your life and well-being.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
We investigate the details of your accident to identify the cause and gather proof of the defendant’s negligence. We may investigate various types of negligence, including:
- Neglecting to give way to a bicyclist.
- Distracted driving (texting, eating, etc.).
- Not checking for bicycles in bike lanes before turning or merging.
- Opening the vehicle door into a bike lane.
- Drunk driving.
- Not granting enough space to a bicyclist.
Whatever the cause of your bike accident with a car, your bicycle accident lawyer in Miami Gardens can help you build your case to establish the defendant’s liability.
The Statute of Limitations for Bicycle Accidents
Victims of a bicycle accident have a limited time to file a lawsuit to recover damages. Florida Statute § 95.11 states that injured people pursuing a lawsuit for personal injury have four years to file a lawsuit for an “action founded on negligence.”
This means you have four years to file a lawsuit for a bicycle accident, with some exceptions. Call 1-800-747-3733 for help from a bicycle accident lawyer in Miami Gardens.
Our team can help you ensure you meet all filing deadlines, so you are not barred from recovering compensation.
Call Anidjar & Levine for Help After a Bike Wreck in Miami Gardens
Were you struck by a negligent driver while riding your bicycle in Miami Gardens? Did you suffer serious injuries? Are you now experiencing considerable financial distress or emotional and physical pain and suffering?
You may qualify to take legal action to pursue compensation for the value of your damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you are a victim of a bicycle accident caused by a negligent party, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to start the process.
We Can Help.