When you chose a nursing home for an elderly family member, you expected them to be treated with courtesy and respect. If their right to professional care was marred by physical abuse, you could be entitled to financial compensation for the damages they suffered.
If your loved one shows signs of physical abuse, a Jacksonville physical abuse lawyer can help you hold the nursing home financially responsible for the misconduct of their staff. Your loved one does not have to suffer any longer. To start learning about your financial recovery options, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
We Fight For Your Elderly Loved One’s Rights
Even if you suspect that an elderly loved one is being physically abused, you should still take actions that promote their safety and wellbeing. Because of their age, victims of nursing home abuse might struggle to recover from the physical toll. The National Institute on Aging notes that physical abuse has far-reaching effects on a senior’s life, impacting their mental health, financial stability, and social engagement. If your loved one suffered mistreatment at the hands of a nursing home, you may be entitled to compensation for various economic and noneconomic damages.
Recoverable damages you might receive in a successful case can include:
- The cost of your loved one’s medical expenses, including medications and assistive devices
- Lost wages, if you had to miss time from work to address your loved one’s living conditions
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Damages associated with wrongful death, including loss of consortium
You may be able to recover the cost of damages that we have not included here. To learn more about different types of recoverable losses, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
A Jacksonville Physical Abuse Lawyer Can Help You Seek Financial Recovery
Your legal team’s goal will be to prove that because a negligent party breached their duty of care, they should be held financially responsible for your loved one’s expenses.
When we take on your case, we can:
- Initiate legal proceedings
- Manage all communications with the liable party and their insurer
- Collect evidence to support instances of physical abuse
- Calculate the cost of your expenses
- Negotiate for a settlement that represents your losses
- Research the nursing home’s past for previous instances of abuse or neglect
- File a lawsuit, if necessary
Florida Statute §400.0236 generally limits your time to file a nursing home abuse claim to two years. However, you may be granted additional time to act based on when you discovered that instances of abuse were taking place. The Jacksonville physical abuse lawyer who represents your interests will notify you of any impending legal deadlines so that your case is not time-barred.
Seek Justice For Your Loved One Today
If someone you love was the victim of physical abuse in their nursing home, you might have the basis of an insurance claim or lawsuit. We want to serve as your loved one’s advocate during this challenging time. To get started, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.