When visiting public places, it is reasonable to assume that property owners have measures in place to reduce the risk of accidents in line with health and safety regulations. Such regulations extend to warning people about hazards on the premises, which should be attended to and fixed within a sensible timeframe.
When this does not happen, and an accident ensues, the owners could be held liable for injuries sustained as a result, which may be actionable under negligence law. While you have rights as a guest, tenant, or customer, the laws governing personal injuries and negligence are complex in Florida, so it can be beneficial to seek legal advice to establish if you have grounds for filing a claim.
Many people assume that if they slip or fall on ice or snow, there is nothing they can do about it, but this is not necessarily true. If a property owner has failed to place warning signs or taken action to reduce the risk by laying down grit, for example, you may be able to file a claim for injuries and other losses.
If you have suffered a slip or fall injury in a public place due to ice or snow in Boca Raton and are looking for a personal injury lawyer, our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers a free case evaluation at 1-800-747-3733. Call today and find out if you are entitled to pursue compensation with the assistance of a Boca Raton weather condition such as ice and snow lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a weather condition such as ice and snow lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (800) 747-3733
Slip and Fall Accidents Can Be Fatal
Slip and fall accidents can have a significant impact on your everyday life. Some cases are sadly fatal. Alarming projections from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) predict seven deaths occurring from falls every hour by the year 2030. The shocking statistics show how important it is for businesses and owners of public places to operate in line with health and safety regulations. Sadly, it is common for such precautions to be neglected.
Injuries sustained from a slip or fall can range from minor bruising to permanent damage that can change how you live in a split second with far-reaching implications on your emotional, financial, and physical well-being.
Whatever your injuries, it is vital to understand that if your accident is the result of another party’s negligent actions, you may be able to claim compensation. Working with a Boca Raton ice and snow personal injury lawyer may ease the stress and worry of how you manage the claim legally so that you can properly focus on your recovery.
Boca Raton Weather Condition Such as Ice and Snow Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Common Places for Ice and Snow Accidents
In 2016, about 9.2 million people were treated in emergency rooms with fall-related injuries, according to the National Safety Council. Wherever ice and snow collect, there is the potential for a slip hazard. Some of the most common places for such accidents are:
- At the workplace
- Hospital car parks
- Public walkways and sidewalks
- At schools
- Bus or train stations
- Shopping malls and mall car parks
- Public car parks
- Retail or commercial premises and car parks
Property owners, businesses, and government agencies have a duty of care to anyone using their property by minimizing the risk of injury in such places or at least alerting people of any hazards present. When this does not happen, proprietors may be liable for any injuries customers or other users of their property sustain as a result.
When you contact our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can assess the details of your case and strategize an effective plan of action to progress your claim. It is important to note that you have limited time to begin a claim under Florida Statute § 95.11, after which you may not be able to pursue compensation.
Reach out today at 1-800-747-3733. We are happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have following a slip or fall accident caused by snow or ice.
How a Boca Raton Weather Condition Such as Ice and Snow Lawyer May Be Able to Help
After a slip or fall on ice or snow, it is helpful to gather evidence to support your claim for compensation if you are able. If not, do not worry—your lawyer may be able to help you with this. An idea of what to do, however, can be summarized as:
- Seeking medical advice and documenting any injuries you have sustained
- Taking photographs of where the accident happened and any injuries you have
- If there are witnesses, record their contact details
- Keep a record of any expenses incurred, such as medical costs, lost income, etc.
- Hire a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer to help you navigate the legal process, especially before speaking with an insurance company to avoid making mistakes that could potentially harm your case
- Avoid posting to social media, as insurance adjusters may review this information
Collecting this information can help your personal injury lawyer assess your claim with more clarity to advise you on your financial recovery options. Other ways in which you may benefit from hiring a lawyer include:
- Identifying who is responsible for your accident
- Demonstrating negligence and liability of the at-fault party or parties
- Helping you to overcome defensive tactics used by insurance companies and other involved parties in a bid to underpay or even deny your claim
- Preparing a detailed and robust case before the time restrictions imposed by the Florida statute of limitations runs out
- Defending your rights should the at-fault party attempt to assign any responsibility for the accident to you to reduce the amount of compensation you could be entitled to under Florida’s comparative negligence law (Florida Statute § 768.81)
- Negotiating a full and fair settlement for your injuries and other expenses relating to your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Legal Representation From the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understands the challenges you are facing right now, and we want the best for you and your family under these difficult circumstances. If you suspect negligence by the property owner resulted in you being injured after a slip on ice or snow, we may be able to help you recover the costs of:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning capacity
- Other expenses relating to your case, depending on the circumstances
Contact us today and find out how a Boca Raton weather condition such as ice and snow lawyer from our team may be able to help you by calling 1-800-747-3733 for a complimentary case evaluation. We also offer our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you have nothing to pay until we secure a settlement or verdict. Let us put our knowledge and experience to work and do our best to ensure a full and fair result for you.