You have options for seeking justice if you suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence. A North Bay Village personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you navigate Florida’s legal system and pursue your losses with an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our legal team will take the burden of your case off your shoulders. We will hold liable parties accountable and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Our North Bay Village Attorneys Assist With A Variety Of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury occurs when someone suffers bodily harm and financial damages because of another party’s careless, reckless, or wrongful actions. Common types of personal injury cases our attorneys serving North Bay Village, FL, handle include the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck and commercial motor vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Bus accidents
- Boat accidents
- Bicycle wrecks
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace injuries (workers’ compensation claims)
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and falls
- Dog bite injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers and staff will stand by you through every step of your case. Life moves fast, but so do we. As soon as you reach out, we can get to work investigating the cause of your injury, proving fault, and establishing your right to recover damages.
We Will Seek Fair and Full Compensation For Your Personal Injury Damages
If you are coping with a severe injury or caring for a hurt loved one, legal action may be the last thing on your mind. However, securing financial awards may be necessary to pay for medical care and living expenses while you heal. In addition, damages can provide you with a measure of economic justice.
Our North Bay Village personal injury lawyers can prepare and file your insurance claims or lawsuits and negotiate for the maximum compensation possible so you are not stuck paying out of pocket for someone else’s mistakes. While every case is different, in general, personal injury awards may include the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Lost future income and earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scarring, disfigurement, or loss of a bodily function
- Metal distress and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
How Long Do You Have To Pursue A Personal Injury Claim Or Lawsuit In Florida?
You do not have unlimited time to pursue personal injury compensation. You should file any insurance claims related to your injury as soon as you can. Doing so ensures you have as much time as possible to work through your claim before Florida’s statute of limitations expires.
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in civil court. If the deadline runs out, you can no longer take legal action, which will significantly reduce your insurance bargaining power.
Acting quickly can also benefit your case in the following ways:
- It allows you to collect evidence before it gets lost or deteriorates
- It gives you the opportunity to interview witnesses before their memories fade
- It prevents opposing parties from alleging your injury did not result from the incident in question
Proving Personal Injury Liability
To win compensation, you will need to show that someone else’s actions caused your injuries and resulting damages. Our North Bay personal injury attorneys can build a solid case demonstrating the the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. The duty of care is the obligation we all owe one another to behave reasonably and act in a manner that protects our safety and the safety of others. For example, when driving, we all have a duty of care to obey traffic laws and avoid dangerous behaviors like drinking and driving.
- Breach of duty. We will show that the liable party breached their duty of care. For example, if you suffered injuries in a slip and fall, we will collect evidence proving the property owner did not take reasonable measures to ensure the safety of their premises.
- Causation. We will prove that your accident was the result of someone else’s actions and the cause of your injury.
- Damages. We will establish that your injury led to economic and non-economic damages. We can prove your losses using bills, invoices, pay stubs, receipts, and estimates regarding your future medical and wage-related expenses.
Steps To Take If You’ve Suffered A Personal Injury
If you sustained a personal injury in a car crash or any other type of accident, you should seek medical treatment immediately if you did not receive care at the time the incident occurred. Seeing your doctor will ensure you do not have undiagnosed or worsening injuries. It also creates a medical record that will be vital for your claim.
If an insurance agent contacts you, do not give a recorded statement or provide details about your accident or injuries. If the insurance company makes you a settlement offer, do not take it. Often, this initial offer will not satisfy your losses fully, especially if you have a serious injury and need ongoing medical treatment.
Once you hire our attorneys, they will communicate with the insurance company and other involved parties on your behalf. Our lawyers will protect your rights, advocate for your best interests, and aggressively negotiate for full and fair compensation. If necessary, we will take your case all the way to trial to get the awards you deserve.
Contact The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine For Personal Injury Assistance
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation. We have personal injury attorneys serving North Bay Village, FL, and the greater Miami area. We take cases on contingency, so our services will never cost you anything upfront or out of pocket. Connect with a lawyer near you today.
We Can Help.