Slip and fall accidents are a dangerous problem in the state of Florida. According to the Florida Department of Health, the threat of slipping and falling disproportionately impacts Florida’s considerable elderly population, but a slip and fall accident can befall virtually anybody under the wrong circumstances.
If you or your loved one suffered an injury—including one that proved fatal—after slipping and falling, then our Windermere slip and fall injury lawyers may be able to assist you in bringing action against one or more responsible parties. call our Windermere personal injury lawyer today for a free consultation.
Possible Causes of a Slip and Fall Injury
Slip and fall accidents do not simply happen out of the blue—some combination of factors creates an environment where a slip and fall is possible, or even likely. Those who may be responsible for conditions that lead to a slip and fall injury could include:
- Business owners
- Commercial building owners
- Renters or homeowners
- Building managers
The specific circumstances surrounding a slip and fall injury will determine who could be named as a defendant in a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. According to Florida Statute § 768.0755, one or more of the above parties (or a party not listed above) could be found liable if:
- They failed to clean or block off a slick spot on their property, such as a puddle from a leak.
- They did not maintain clear walkways within their premises, removing clutter that could cause a slip and fall.
- They did not fix loose flooring, such as carpeting or tile, that could cause somebody to slip and fall.
The circumstances under which a slip and fall accident may occur are virtually endless. If you have reason to believe that your injuries from a slip and fall were the result of negligence, as outlined by the American Bar Association, call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free consultation.
Civil Courts May Hold Responsible Parties Accountable
When you are injured in a slip and fall accident, you are susceptible to injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Harm to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
One or more of these injuries could lead to death, either directly or through secondary complications. These accidents may also impose losses that are:
You have the right to turn to the civil court system in order to hold the person responsible for your accident and your losses liable. A Windermere slip and fall injury lawyer can help you navigate this system by:
- Hosting a free consultation with you to ascertain the facts of your accident and injuries.
- Conducting additional investigations that may turn up evidence of negligence.
- Filing the paperwork required to bring your lawsuit.
- Handling all legal motions and steps necessary to move your case forward.
- Negotiating a settlement.
- Representing you at trial if no settlement emerges.
- Defending your rights.
You may find value in having a Windermere slip and fall injury lawyer, as both a legal representative and sounding board, by your side as you seek any compensation that you are entitled to.
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
We offer responsive care so that you can focus on getting better while we handle the rest. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free consultation.
We Can Help.