According to the World Health Organization, the majority of medical errors can be avoided. If you or your child suffered an injury during or just after you gave birth, or some aspect of your prenatal care was plagued by negligence, then a Windermere birth injury lawyer may be able to help you pursue compensation through legal avenues.
If you want to learn more about your eligibility for pursuing compensation through a lawsuit, call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Windermere, call (800) 747-3733
Birth Injuries Can Alter Your Life and Your Child’s Life
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Mayo Clinic, various errors during prenatal care, the delivery process, or post-delivery handling of your child could lead to serious conditions such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy (also known as brachial plexus injury)
- Paralysis of your child’s face, or other parts of their body
- Swelling in their brain that may cause more severe health problems
There are many other conditions that qualify as birth injuries, and they could arise because of one or more medical errors. You could also suffer injury as a result of a medical error at one or more stages of your pregnancy and delivery.
You may want to examine the circumstances of your prenatal care, labor, and delivery to determine whether one or more forms of negligence may have occurred. You can speak with our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today by calling 1-800-747-3733 if you have questions about determining negligence and bringing legal action.
Windermere Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Identifying Negligence After a Birth Injury
Negligence may not always be obvious with respect to a birth injury. An error that impacts your, or your child’s, health could occur:
- During your prenatal care, if a doctor failed to recognize or properly diagnose a condition that compromised your child’s health.
- During delivery, failure to diagnose a threat to your health or your child’s health could cause oxygen deprivation or other conditions that may result in a birth injury. The doctor’s method of extracting your child could cause direct harm to you or your child.
- After delivery, the doctor may have mishandled your child or taken another action that caused an injury.
A Windermere birth injury lawyer may assist you in identifying any possible points of negligence that could have contributed to your, or your child’s, birth-related injury.
The Role of a Lawyer in a Birth Injury Lawsuit
Should you decide to bring a lawsuit against one or more parties responsible for a birth injury, then a Windermere birth injury lawyer may be able to:
- Handle all of the paperwork necessary to initiate your lawsuit, and to complete the lawsuit.
- Explore settlement options that may allow you to secure compensation without going to trial.
- If necessary, serve as your legal representative during a trial.
- Defend your rights throughout the legal process.
If your lawsuit proves successful, either through a settlement or judgement, then you may be able to collect compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Any additional losses that you and your child have sustained
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Our team will review your case and answer any questions you have about how we may be able to assist you. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.