A slip and fall accident is no joke. Debilitating and catastrophic injuries can happen, leaving you unable to work, tend to your family, or perform everyday tasks easily. If you were injured in a slip or trip and fall due to another’s negligence, you can collect financial compensation for your injuries and related losses. An Orange City slip and fall lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can assist you with building your case. You can call us anytime for a free consultation.
How Much Does A Slip And Fall Lawyer In Orange City, FL Cost?
You don’t have to pay legal fees upfront when working with an Orange City slip and fall attorney at our firm. Likewise, we don’t charge you out-of-pocket costs to build your case. At our law firm, we want you to have virtually no worries while you rest and recover from your injuries.
We understand that money may be a concern, especially if you take time off work to heal from the accident. Finances may also be a significant factor if you are considering hiring a personal injury attorney. At our firm, we recover payment for our legal services only if you win your case. There is no financial risk. Once you sign your contract, we can work on your case immediately.
How Much Compensation Can I Get For A Slip And Fall Accident in Orange City?
The money you receive will depend on the losses from the accident. Slip and fall accidents often result in trauma to the musculoskeletal system, such as fractures, dislocations, pulled muscles, strains, and sprains. In some cases, fall injury victims need medical care, such as X-rays, MRIs, and surgeries. Some victims require chiropractic care and physical therapy to restore mobility and normal body function. Victims who hit their heads during a fall may suffer a brain injury, often a lifelong condition.
Not only do these injuries result in medical expenses, but they also significantly affect victims’ lives. Florida law allows you to recover compensation for financial losses and non-financial losses, which is “pain and suffering.”
Recoverable Damages After A Slip And Fall Accident
With the help of a slip and fall lawyer serving Orange City, you could collect damages for financial losses, such as:
- Present and future medical expenses (hospital stays, surgery, doctors’ visits, medication, etc.)
- Counseling/therapy sessions
- Chiropractic care
- Physical therapy
- Lost income due to missing work
- Lost earning potential
- Property damaged in the fall
- Travel costs
- Replacement household services
- Wrongful death damages (if your loved one suffered fatal slip and fall injuries)
You could also claim pain and suffering damages for:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries and back pain
- Fractured bones
- Brain injury
- Reduced quality of life
- Reduced enjoyment of activities
- Mental anguish (depression, fear, hopelessness, insomnia, loss of appetite, grief, distress, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.)
Our slip and fall attorneys will assess your total damages to determine a fair settlement number.
Slip And Fall Injury Cases Our Orange City Injury Attorneys Handle
We assist with slip and fall cases that are a result of numerous premise liability issues, such as:
- Slippery or wet surfaces
- Frayed or unsecure carpeting
- Loose or damaged stairs
- Loose or missing railing
- Cracked floors
- Protruding nails or rods
- Rocks or other debris on the floor
- Poorly lit walking spaces
- Objects left in the walkway
- Hanging or poorly placed cords
- Falls from ladders or platforms
What Will An Orange City Slip And Fall Lawyer Do For My Case?
Our premises liability attorneys want to help you regain control of your life. We do that by taking care of your entire case so you can focus on getting better. A slip and fall or trip and fall accident injury lawyer at our firm will work hard to build your case by:
- Investigating the slip and fall incident that injured you and searching for proof of the property owner’s negligence
- Dealing with the liable insurance company so you feel comfortable and protected
- Negotiating a proper settlement agreement that covers your economic and non-economic economic losses
- Helping you receive proper medical care to treat your injuries, including scheduling appointments
- Representing you in court if your cases move to trial
Slip And Fall Injuries Often Result From Premises Liability Issues
Slip and fall accidents are often premises liability cases. That means the owner or his agents most likely have failed to ensure their property was safe for guests, customers, and visitors. The property owner’s job is to correct any defects or hazards in the premises that could pose a health or safety threat to others. Failure to do so is called negligence.
When this negligence leads to someone else getting hurt, the property owner is usually responsible for paying damages to the injured. The primary facts your case must prove to qualify for compensation are the following:
- The owner owed you a duty of care, i.e., had a legal responsibility to keep you safe or prevent harm.
- Hazardous conditions existed that the property owner or those acting on his or her behalf (employees) knew or should have known about.
- You were injured due to the failure to cure those dangerous conditions.
- You suffered damages from your injuries, such as financial loss or emotional harm.
Our Orange City injury attorneys build your case to meet the elements of negligence, ensuring we have a chance of success.
Statute Of Limitations Of Premise Liability Cases In Orange City, FL
Florida law recently changed regarding personal injury cases stemming from negligence. Slip and fall accident victims now have only two years to file a lawsuit for compensation. Missing this legal deadline can mean forfeiting your right to seek damages unless there is an exception that applies to your circumstances.
We recommend contacting an Orange City slip and fall attorney at our law office as soon as possible to determine how much time you have to pursue your case. Our personal injury lawyers work fast to get you the money you deserve.
Talk To An Orange City Slip And Fall Injury Lawyer About Your Slip and Fall Injury Today
If you want a slip and fall lawyer serving Orange City, FL, to represent you and lead your case, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free consultation. We’re ready to hear your story and answer your questions.
We Can Help.