Falls are among the most common injuries in America, according to the National Safety Council. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at work, a store, or someone’s home, you could be entitled to compensation. You have the right to pursue compensation from the responsible party. A slip and fall lawyer in Brevard County, FL can help.
Our team can determine if you qualify to recover damages such as medical bills and pain and suffering. Please keep in mind that Florida allows four years to file a personal injury lawsuit from the date of your accident. For a free, no-obligation consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine: 1-800-747-3733.
Slip and Fall Accidents Have Serious Consequences
According to the National Safety Council, approximately 9.2 million people were treated for injuries related to falls in 2016. Some of these injuries were minor. The worst falls led to a loss of life.
It is important that you get medical care right away. Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Facial and dental lacerations
Depending on the severity and extent of your injuries, you might need stitches, surgery, or hospitalization. If this occurs, you may not be able to work. A slip and fall lawyer in Brevard County, FL can help you recover compensation if you qualify.
Our Firm Accepts Slip and Fall Accident Cases
Not all law firms accept slip and fall accidents. We do. The slip and fall lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you no matter where your fall took place, including:
- Workplace (we can help you get workers’ compensation benefits)
- Public buildings and parks
- Stores, restaurants, banks, and other businesses open to the public
- Private homes and businesses
All property owners, both private and commercial, must keep a safe place for visitors and guests. A slip and fall lawyer in Brevard County, FL will protect your rights to pursue compensation. For a free consultation, please call our law firm at 1-800-747-3733.
You Could Recover Compensation for Your Injuries and Damages
Depending on your situation and injuries, our Brevard County injury lawyers can help you recover compensation for such expenses as:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing treatment
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If a family member passed away from a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Florida law gives you two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer Holds the Liable Party Accountable
Property owners are supposed to take reasonable care when they invite guests or visitors into their home or business. If a property owner is made aware of a potential hazard but does not remedy the situation, they did not show reasonable care. You could receive compensation if a careless property owner caused your injuries.
A slip and fall lawyer in Brevard County can prove negligence according to these guidelines:
- The property owner should have known about the hazard; acted within a reasonable time to repair it; or at least posted a warning about its potential danger.
- The property owner allowed you to enter unsafe premises which caused your injuries.
- Your injuries led to medical bills, lost wages, and other financial damages.
Negligence laws in Florida can be challenging. If you do not have legal experience or training, you might jeopardize your right to seek compensation. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation: 1-800-747-3733.
We Have a Careful Process to Maximize Potential Compensation
You play a key role in seeking compensation. That is why we encourage you to write down the details of your slip and fall accident while your memory is fresh. Be sure to include what happened before, during, and after your slip and fall accident.
In addition to reviewing your version of events, a slip and fall lawyer in Brevard County will also take other measures as part of our investigative process. These may include:
- Reviewing statements from witnesses, store personnel, first responders, and anyone else who was present.
- Requesting closed-circuit video footage, if available.
- Taking photos of the accident site before it can be fixed or altered.
- Talking to your healthcare provider about your injuries and your expected prognosis.
- Making copies of doctor bills, pay stubs, and other expenses.
- Submitting a detailed letter and claim to the property owner’s insurance company.
In some slip and fall cases, there is more than one responsible party. That is why a slip and fall lawyer with our firm takes the time to find out exactly what caused your accident. For a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
You Do Not Have to Be Wealthy to Hire a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Brevard County
Some people are reluctant to call a slip and fall lawyer because they are afraid it is too expensive. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on a contingency fee basis only. This means you do not pay attorney fees unless we are able to recover compensation for you. We believe that everyone should have legal representation.
A slip and fall lawyer in Brevard County, FL can help you recover compensation if you qualify. For a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine: 1-800-747-3733.