According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Florida has more registered water vessels than any other state, and it also has more recreational boating accidents than any other state—by a long shot. While boating accidents may be accidental, many of them are also avoidable.
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a boating accident, a Windermere boating accident lawyer may be able to help you determine whether negligence was to blame. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Florida Is a Hotbed for Boating Accidents
Being the tropical, water-surrounded state that it is, Florida is a state known for its abundance of boats, as well as its abundance of boating accidents. The Sunshine State led the nation in boating fatalities in 2018, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC).
You could be more susceptible to being injured or killed in a boating accident in Florida than in any other state, according to the aforementioned FWC data, and some possible causes may include:
- An intoxicated motorist, in accordance with Florida Statute § 327.25, either in a boat that collides with you or on the boat that you are a passenger on.
- A motorist who is not familiar with a geographic location, which can lead to running aground or striking other unforeseen objects.
- A boat that is not seaworthy, and whose deficiencies could contribute to an accident or directly result in injury or death.
- A motorist who is not familiar with the navigation laws and standards, resulting in a collision or other type of accident.
You may be eligible for a lawsuit if one or more of these potential boat accident causes, or another set of circumstances, contributed to your or your loved one’s injuries. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your accident and find out whether you are a potential plaintiff in a lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a boating accidents lawyer serving Windermere, 800-747-3733
A Windermere Boating Accident Lawyer May Be Able to Assist You
A boating accident can create a trail of losses, and if you were a victim in a boating collision or another type of marine accident, you could be facing:
- Medical expenses
- A significant period out of work, and a corresponding loss of income
- Significant physical pain caused by your injuries
- Significant mental anguish
- The death of a loved one
You may have legal recourse through which you can pursue compensation for these and any other losses that you or your loved one have sustained. If you choose to bring a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, a Windermere boating accident lawyer may assist you by:
- Handling all of your legal paperwork.
- Handling in-court legal responsibilities.
- Collecting and organizing evidence.
- Calculating awards you are entitled to.
- Seeking a favorable settlement or judgement on your behalf.
- Defending your rights.
WindermereBoating Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
You do not have to suffer alone or fight for any compensation that you are entitled to without assistance from a Windermere boating accident lawyer. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to speak with a team that will go the extra mile for you and your loved ones.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW