A slip and fall accident may warrant legal action. A property owner may cover your recovery costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
A slip and fall accident lawyer from The Villages with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may recover the awards that you deserve. They will determine liability, investigate your slip and fall, and negotiate for awards.
Does a Fall Entitle You to Compensation?
You may deserve compensation if a negligent party caused your slip and fall accident. Property owners can be negligent if:
- They fail to train employees on safety.
- They fail to monitor the safety of the premises.
- They allow hazards, including slipping hazards, to put visitors at risk.
The Four Elements of Negligence
A property owner in The Villages may be liable for their negligence. The general standard for negligence in slip and fall accident cases is:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care, which generally requires them to protect visitors from foreseeable hazards.
- The property owner breached their duty of care by exposing you to a slipping hazard.
- The property owner’s breach of duty of care led to your accident.
- The accident caused by the property owner’s negligence caused identifiable damages.
We will consider the facts of your case and apply this negligence test. Negligence may not be the only liability standard that applies to your case. As explained by Inc., property owners may be liable for the actions of their employees under the legal principle of vicarious liability.
Our team will determine:
- How much compensation you deserve
- Who owes you compensation
- How much each liable party owes you
- The most sensible way to seek compensation from each liable party
Our firm handles these steps for every client who suffers an injury or loses a loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving The Villages, 800-747-3733
What Losses Entitle You to Compensation After Your Slip and Fall Accident?
You may deserve coverage for any loss caused by negligence. In slip and fall accident cases, covered losses may include:
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering generally occurs when injuries do. Injury symptoms that may qualify as pain and suffering include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety (generalized or acute)
- Traumatic memories
- Loss of physical abilities
- Brain damage
- Lost quality of life
Certain types of pain and suffering may require treatment. Counseling, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications, and other types of treatment may entitle you to compensation.
Lost Income and Diminished Earning Power
As you recover from your slip and fall accident, you may be unable to work. The inability to fulfill your job generally:
- Prevents you from earning compensation
- Slows your professional advancement
- Harms your productivity
- Affects your standing as an employee
Lingering injury symptoms may decrease your earning power for the foreseeable future. All professional losses may result in compensation for you.
Accident-Related Healthcare Costs
We may recover awards for each of your accident-related medical costs. Fall-related injuries may require:
- A trip to the emergency department
- Emergency surgery
- Follow-up surgery
- Injury stabilization, which may require you to remain hospitalized
- Pain medication
- Appointments with medical specialists
A slip and fall accident lawyer from our team will determine the existing losses from your accident. We will also project your future losses and seek compensation for those. We will go the extra mile for a positive outcome in your case in Sumter County.
The VillagesSlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Can Our Lawyers Obtain Compensation for You?
We will work hard to obtain the compensation that you deserve. Some of the steps we may take on your behalf are:
Valuing Your Losses
Your losses will determine the value of your settlement. Our team will calculate the cost of both economic and non-economic damages, accounting for every loss caused by your accident.
Pursuing Evidence from Your Slip and Fall Accident in The Villages
Once we determine who is liable for your slip and fall, we will pursue evidence that proves they are liable. Useful evidence may include:
- Video footage of your slip and fall accident
- Video and photographs of the conditions that caused your fall
- Witness testimony documenting the circumstances of your fall
- An incident report documenting your fall
- Any other evidence that suits your case for awards
We may hire third-party investigators to obtain all useful evidence.
Acquiring Proof of Your Losses
When possible, we will support claims of your damages with proof. We may prove the existence of your losses by:
- Obtaining doctors’ assessments of your injuries
- Obtaining an employer’s testimony that you have not been able to work
- Producing your medical bills
- Obtaining mental health professionals’ assessments of your trauma
We generally seek as much documentation as we can to prove your losses.
Negotiating a Settlement or Completing a Trial
Obtaining fair compensation generally requires negotiation. We will go head-to-head with attorneys for liable parties. We will make a thorough case that you deserve compensation for your losses. If we face significant resistance, we always have the option of going to trial.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine generally tries to settle. Settling may require less time than a trial. However, a trial may be necessary to obtain fair compensation. Ultimately, we decide how to act based on the unique circumstances of your case.
Do not wait to retain our firm for your case. Cases in The Villages are generally subject to the same time limits as other cases in Florida. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally allows you four years to file a personal injury case. A slip and fall accident lawyer from our firm will honor all applicable deadlines.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Do Not Wait to Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
You should take case deadlines seriously. Though there are exceptions to Florida’s civil statutes of limitations, you should not risk a possible recovery by waiting to hire us. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for your free consultation.
Our lawyers go the extra mile for accident victims like you. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW