Truck drivers are crucial parts of commerce as they transport throughout the country, but their presence on roads can be dangerous for many drivers. Long hours, heavy loads, and driver error can all contribute to accidents that leave drivers hurt or dead.
In the aftermath of an accident with a cargo truck in Tallahassee, you do not have to deal with your bills and losses alone. To start your case, seek the aid of a Tallahassee truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Cargo Truck Accidents in Tallahassee, Florida
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine represent people who have been injured in cargo truck accidents, and we’re ready to represent you. Like a car accident, truck accidents can occur due to a driver’s negligence. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Passing other vehicles when dangerous or illegal
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Speeding, illegal lane changes, etc.
We handle claims against companies that own and operate their fleets of trucks, including those that transport hazardous materials. In addition, we provide legal assistance to victims of trucking accidents involving tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and other heavy equipment.
What Are the Most Common Cargo Truck Injuries?
Cargo truck accidents often involve severe injuries because of the vehicle’s weight and power behind the machine. This can result in broken bones, head trauma, internal organ damage, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and death.
If your loved one passed away because of the injuries they sustained in the cargo truck accident, we will fight for compensation to help you recover some of the losses associated with their passing. No amount of money will ever make up for your loss, but we can help you hold the other party responsible.
Steps to Take After a Cargo Truck Accident
If possible, try to take some or all of the steps below after the accident:
- When you are involved in a cargo truck accident, your priority should be your safety. If you are in an unsafe situation, try to move to the side of the road. If you are unable to move, call emergency services requesting first responders.
- Seek medical attention at the scene or following your release from the accident scene. Keep all records about your emergency room and doctor appointments, including the cost for each treatment.
- If you can, document the accident. Take pictures of your car, injuries, the weather, traffic and road conditions, the cargo truck, and anything else that seems important. Your lawyer can use these photos and relevant videos to your advantage.
- Exchange contact information with the cargo truck driver, make sure to get their insurance information and employer information since it was a company vehicle they were driving.
- Speak with law enforcement, be brief and to the point in your statement. Never take the blame or say sorry for your involvement in the accident. Then ask the law enforcement officer where you can request a copy of the accident report.
- Report the accident to your own car insurance company. Again, be brief and to the point; you can even refer them to your lawyer to speak on your behalf.
- Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to begin discussions for your Tallahassee cargo truck accident case.
How Can I Seek Compensation for My Injuries?
If you are involved in a truck accident, you will likely need financial compensation for your injuries. There are two primary sources of payment:
- A settlement from the insurance company
Depending on the injuries you have, you may be able to recover money from the other person’s insurance company before filing a lawsuit and taking them to court. You may also pursue a lawsuit if you are not able to agree on a settlement with the insurer.
How Much Can I Recover for My Injuries and Damages?
There is no set limit on how much money you can receive after a cargo truck accident. However, certain factors can affect your recovery, including
- Whether you were injured or not due to the truck driver’s negligence
- How badly you were hurt
- Expenses you incurred due to the accident
- Any property damage caused by the accident, such as your car and anything that was inside it
- The extent of the other party’s insurance coverage
Our lawyers will look at all of your losses to estimate a settlement amount. This includes any financial losses like wage and medical expenses, but it also includes intangible damages like pain and suffering,
How Will a cargo truck accident lawyer help me?
At The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our cargo truck accident lawyer will work hard to ensure that you get all the benefits you deserve. We will investigate the accident’s facts and identify who is liable for your injuries and damages, especially if more than one party is liable for your damages.
A cargo truck accident lawyer will negotiate settlements with the other party’s insurance company. Our team can let you know if an offer is fair or if it will not cover your losses. Finally, a cargo truck accident lawyer will fight for your rights in court, if necessary.
Who Are the Possible Defendants in a Cargo Truck Accident Claim?
The defendants in a cargo truck accident case may include:
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck
- The driver of the truck
- Another driver
Each case is unique, and it may take some investigating to determine who the at-fault party was. We want to be accurate when seeking compensation for your injuries and damages.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we won’t charge you any upfront or hourly fees as our firm works on a contingency basis. A contingency fee plan allows us to work your case without accepting payment; we will accept payment if we win or settle your case. You would then pay us from your earnings received due to your cargo truck accident.
If you have been injured in a cargo truck accident, contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
We Can Help.