A brain injury can negatively affect the rest of your life, affecting your working ability and day-to-day function. If you suffered a brain injury because of another party’s negligence, you have the right to seek damages.
A Tallahassee brain injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will help you recover the compensation you deserve. We offer free case reviews where you can explore working with our personal injury team.
- We Help Brain Injury Claimants Who Suffer Harm in These Situations
- Damages You Could Recover After Suffering a Brain Injury in Leon County, FL
- How a Brain Injury Attorney in Tallahassee Can Help You
- What to Know About Brain Injuries and Their Symptoms
- We Go the Extra Mile at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Tallahassee, call (800) 747-3733
We Help Brain Injury Claimants Who Suffer Harm in These Situations
We’ve helped brain injury claimants recover compensation after suffering these accidents:
- Falls: If a floor is slippery, you may fall and hit your head on the ground or an object. These accidents can happen on either public or private property.
- Auto accidents: Auto accidents include any collision involving a car, motorcycle, truck, pedestrian, or bicycle. According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2021, there were over 401,000 motor vehicle accidents.
- Sports injuries: Many contact sports are likely to cause brain injuries. These sports include football, boxing, soccer, skateboarding, and water polo.
- Violence: Gunshot wounds can damage brain tissue, resulting in traumatic brain injuries or death. Assaults can also cause serious injuries.
- Medical malpractice: Oxygen deprivation, errors during surgery, and other errors can result in brain damage. If a healthcare provider caused your injury, we could hold them accountable through a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit.
If you don’t see the cause of your injury listed above, don’t worry; we can still provide the legal aid you want.
Tallahassee Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Damages You Could Recover After Suffering a Brain Injury in Leon County, FL
The compensation you could recover through a brain injury claim depends on many factors unique to your situation, including the severity of your condition and how the injury happened. Our team will pursue everything you need to account for your hardships––including those without tangible dollar values.
Economic Damages You Could Recover
Economic damages refer to tangible damages that can easily be quantified. We will use your employment records, medical bills, and property damage statements to determine what these are worth.
Economic damages you could recover in a brain injury claim or lawsuit include:
- Medical costs: Recoverable healthcare expenses can include the medical care you have already received and will require in the future. Damages for medical costs include any out-of-pocket costs for ongoing and future doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, medications, and surgeries.
- Lost income: Compensation for lost income includes the time you were out of work during your recovery period. It pertains to lost wages, tips, bonuses, and commissions.
- Diminished earning capacity: If your brain injury will permanently affect your earning power, you could recover damages for that hardship. For instance, if your brain injury required you to take a lesser-paying job, you could recover damages for the harm to your income.
- Rehabilitation costs: If your injuries require you to undergo rehabilitative treatments, you could include those costs in your claim. Rehabilitative care could include speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover
Non-economic damages are subjective, non-monetary losses you incurred because of your brain injury. The attorneys from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can calculate your non-economic damages after evaluating your overall situation.
- Pain and suffering: This loss reflects the physical pain, anguish, or discomfort you endured from the accident itself.
- Emotional distress: If your accident or injury impacts your mental health in any way, you could include emotional distress-related damages. This accounts for conditions such as anxiety, depression, sleep issues, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of consortium: Your brain injury may negatively affect your spousal relationship. Our law firm can assess that hardship and include that damage in your claim or lawsuit.
An attorney from our firm may seek additional damages to those listed here. It all depends on your situation.
How a Brain Injury Attorney in Tallahassee Can Help You
A brain injury attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. There may be complex legal issues that arise in your case that our team can navigate. The attorneys at our firm will:
- Prepare your case
- Negotiate a settlement
- Litigate on your behalf
- Investigate your accident and injuries
- File your case within the appropriate statutory deadline
- Manage communications with all involved parties
- Deal with the insurance companies for you
- Determine the cause of your accident and injuries
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Know About Brain Injuries and Their Symptoms
Mayo Clinic reports that any jolt or blow to the head can result in a traumatic brain injury. Sometimes, a brain injury manifests itself immediately. Other times, it could be days or weeks before you notice any symptoms.
Some symptoms of a mild brain injury include:
Moderate to severe traumatic brain injuries could cause the symptoms of a mild brain injury, as well as other complications, such as:
- Loss of consciousness
- Dilation of the pupils
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
- Cognitive impairments
- Memory loss
We Go the Extra Mile at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
After suffering a brain injury, a lawyer from our firm will help you move on with your life by helping you recover compensation for your injuries. We will take care of all legal matters, so you can focus on your health and well-being.
We offer responsive legal care. You will receive your attorney’s phone number and frequent case updates. We also offer free no-obligation consultations. During your consultation, we will discuss how we can help with your case and answer any of your questions. Contact us now to get started.