You could be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses from a big rig truck accident. Our attorneys can help. We take over communication with insurance companies, other attorneys, and the truck carrier so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Get help from a Tallahassee truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We offer free consultations, and we work on contingency fees, so you only pay an attorney fee if you recover compensation.
How Our Big Rig Accident Lawyers Can Help
Let our lawyers help you with your case. Here are some of the ways we help clients injured in big rig truck accidents:
- Our lawyers take the burden off your shoulders. We handle all communication with the insurance companies, file your paperwork, and help you meet deadlines.
- We will gather evidence related to the accident. This could include reviewing pictures of the accident scene, speaking to eyewitnesses, and obtaining your medical records.
- We can send the truck carrier a spoliation letter to preserve evidence in its possession.
- Our team may even secure expert witnesses who can testify about the cause of the wreck and the extent of your injuries.
- Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair settlement that covers your short- and long-term losses.
- If the truck carrier and its insurance company do not agree to a fair settlement, we can take the case to trial to fight for the compensation you deserve.
This is part of our responsive legal care. We’ll even give you your lawyer’s phone number, provide regular case updates, and return your phone calls and emails so you never feel left in the dark about your case. Our team can even help schedule your appointments and get your car fixed. Learn more about our responsive legal care by reviewing our client testimonials.
Recoverable Damages in Big Rig Accident Cases
A collision with a big rig truck can cause severe injuries, which may include broken bones, spinal injuries, head injuries, and more. Some victims of accidents experience anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our team can help you pursue compensation for the medical bills, lost wages, and other losses you experienced because of your severe injuries. Some of the recoverable damages in truck accident cases include:
- Medical bills from emergency care
- Costs of ongoing physical therapy and medical treatment
- Lost wages during your recovery
- Diminished earning capacity if a permanent injury affects your ability to work
- Pain and suffering
You have a right to seek compensation for these and other losses related to your car accident. First, speak with a Tallahassee personal injury lawyer who can answer your questions and help you with your case.
Statute of Limitations for Big Rig Accidents
If you were involved in a collision with a big rig in Tallahassee, you must comply with Florida’s four-year statute of limitations to file your injury lawsuit. If you do not meet this deadline, you could be unable to recover compensation for your losses.
Our injury attorneys can help you file your lawsuit and meet the deadlines relevant to your case. We take over communications with insurance companies, negotiate with other attorneys, and make sure you file paperwork on time.
We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Do
Our attorneys work on contingency fees, meaning we do not recover an attorney’s fee unless you recover compensation. There are no upfront costs to hire our attorneys to handle your big rig accident case.
What to Do After an Accident Involving a Big Rig
Do these things if you were in a wreck with a large truck:
- Call 9-1-1 if anybody requires medical care.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Move vehicles out of the way of traffic if possible.
- Get the truck driver’s information.
- Record contact information of any eyewitnesses.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including your vehicle and the big rig.
- Make a doctor’s appointment for an evaluation if you didn’t require emergency care.
- Get a free consultation about your case with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Causes of Big Truck Accidents
The drivers of large trucks have a responsibility to make sure they practice responsible road safety. They must comply with traffic laws and federal trucking regulations, including inspection and hours of service rules.
Unfortunately, some truck drivers may drive carelessly or violate trucking rules. Some carriers may also violate trucking regulations, increasing the risk of an accident. Causes of big rig accidents may include:
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving, such as speeding or following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Poor maintenance or inspection records
- Tire failure
Negligent truck drivers and their employers may be liable for an accident. Other parties like the truck manufacturer could be liable too depending on the circumstances of the wreck. Our Tallahassee big rig accident attorneys can build your case to hold the driver, carrier, or other parties liable for your accident and injuries.
Types of Big Rig Commercial Vehicles on Florida Highways
Large commercial trucks come in many forms. Here are some examples:
- Flatbed trucks
- Oil tanker trucks
- Cement trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
Our firm can help if you were in an accident with one of these trucks or another type of big rig truck.
Contact Anidjar & Levine for Help With a Big Rig Accident Case
At Anidjar & Levine, we believe in going the extra mile for our clients. Call our firm today to get a free consultation about your case. Our lawyers and staff are ready to help you file claims, build your case, and negotiate a settlement that compensates you for the losses and expenses related to your injuries.
We Can Help.