After a storm hits, you may be unsure where to start with filing your Tallahassee property claim. The truth is, the process can be overwhelming when you are facing the loss of your home, lack of power, and struggling to carry out basic tasks like cooking dinner. Even minor property damage can create a headache when your insurance company refuses to pay or violates your rights under the Florida Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Your storm loss property claim lawyer in Tallahassee will be committed to offering hands-on legal advice to help you recover the compensation you deserve. We can review your coverage, collect the paperwork, and even file the claim on your behalf.
For a free, no-obligation storm damage property claim review, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733.
Steps to Take After a Tallahassee Storm Damages Your Property
The days after a storm hits can be painful, both emotionally and financially. You need to take steps to protect both your property and your legal rights, but you might not know where to start. Above all, ensure the safety of yourself and your family. Then, take the following steps:
- Do not accept a settlement from the insurance company right away. If they offer compensation for relocation costs, make sure a lawyer reviews the offer to ensure they are not trying to settle the entire claim.
- Document the damage as best you can. Take photographs and record video if possible. Do not put yourself in danger.
- Call your property insurance company to notify them of the damage.
- If possible, secure your property to prevent additional damage. For example, board up broken windows and install tarps to prevent further water damage. Your insurance may cover these costs.
- Before you accept payment from the insurance company, we strongly recommend speaking with a storm loss property claim lawyer in Tallahassee who can ensure your legal rights are protected. Some insurance companies may try to undervalue your property damage claim or insist you are not covered.
For a free legal consultation with a storm loss property claim lawyer serving Tallahassee, 800-747-3733
Damages You May Recover After Your Tallahassee Property is Damaged
The final compensation you recover after a Tallahassee storm damages your property will vary based on a range of factors. For example, your plan may require you to pay an additional hurricane deductible or may not cover damage caused by floodwaters. Your policy limits may also impact your final settlement.
In most cases, you can expect to recover the following types of damages in your Tallahassee storm loss property claim.
Repair or Rebuild Costs
If your Tallahassee home or business sustains damage or is destroyed, most policies will cover the cost to repair or rebuild. This coverage often pays for roof repairs, painting, window replacement, and damage to external structures such as an in-law suite, workshop, or stand-alone garage.
Personal Property Damages
Most policies will also cover the cost to replace personal property, such as clothing, toys, bedding, furniture, appliances, and electronic devices. Luxury items, such as high-end jewelry or art, may not be covered without additional riders on your plan.
Some policies cover the cost to clean up your property after a storm. They may pay to remove trees and debris, replant sod, or repair damage to landscaping elements.
Housing or Relocation Costs
This coverage is often the first compensation claimants receive. If your home is inhabitable, your insurance plan may cover hotel and food costs during your displacement.
Unsure what your coverage will pay for? Call for a free review of your Tallahassee property damage claim. We can help you understand what your policy covers and work to get your life back. Call1 (800) 747-3733 today for a no-obligation Tallahassee storm loss property claim review.
TallahasseeStorm Loss Property Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How Our Firm Can Help After a Tallahassee Storm Damages Your Property
After a storm hits Tallahassee, you may be without power or internet, unable to get to work, and even unable to leave your neighborhood due to fallen trees and debris.
Our goal is to make the claims process as pain-free as possible so you can stay focused on taking care of your family and your community. Our team will navigate the legal process so you can stay focused on what matters—the people in your life.
Here is how we can help after a storm damages your property.
- A free case review to help you understand what you may recover and how we can help.
- We gather the evidence needed to build a strong claim. In many cases, more evidence results in a faster claim resolution.
- Our team looks for other policies that may cover additional losses, such as a rider, car insurance, or flood insurance.
- We calculate your damages to ensure the insurance company does not undervalue your claim. If we suspect they are, we may hire an independent adjuster.
- Our team files your claim with your insurance company and ensure you meet all deadlines as outlined by Florida law.
- If necessary, we negotiate with the insurance company to ensure a fair settlement.
- If negotiations are unsuccessful, we may take your claim to court to recover the compensation you deserve.
You do not have to face the property claim process on your own. Let us fight for your right to recover compensation after a Tallahassee storm. Call 1 (800) 747-3733 now.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Contact a Storm Loss Property Claim Lawyer in Tallahassee, FL Today
If your Tallahassee home or business sustained damage after a storm, you deserve to recover compensation as outlined in your insurance policy. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is dedicated to holding insurance companies accountable. Let us help you recover what you are owed while adhering to Title 37, Chapter 627 of Florida Code.
Call 1 (800) 747-3733 now for a no-cost Tallahassee property damage claim review.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW