Hurricane Sally has caused severe wind damage and flooding in Pensacola, as well as in Destin, Rosemary Beach, Wright, Santa Rosa Beach, Fort Walton, Panama City, and other surrounding areas. The Pensacola News Journal details the damage caused by the hurricane, with homes, businesses, and even the Three Mile Bridge sustaining wind and water damage. If your home or business was affected by Hurricane Sally, then you may plan on filing a property claim for your losses.
If you have already started the claims process or plan on doing so in the near future, a Hurricane Sally property claim lawyer in Pensacola can help you work with the insurance company. They can review the details of your insurance policy to determine your coverage options and protect you against any bad faith insurance practices.
You can call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
Hurricane Damage Can Be Expensive
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) states that the average flood payout claim from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) was $52,000 in 2019. This figure speaks to the types and severity of losses sustained after a hurricane. Your lawyer can review the details of the appropriate insurance policies to see what coverage options you have.
Some types of losses that could result from a hurricane, and may result in substantial expenses, include:
- A damaged roof, which could be the result of wind or falling objects, such as trees
- Flood damage to floors, walls, and personal property in flooded spaces
- The complete collapse of certain structures
- Broken windows
- Damage to structures on your property, such as sheds, fences, pools, and docks
- Damage to non-structural personal property, such as boats and cars
The Insurance Information Institute (III) notes that “severe thunderstorms” are the most costly sort of natural disaster in the United States. Right now, you may be experiencing firsthand the destruction that a hurricane can cause. Your lawyer will handle your insurance claim with the goal of securing the compensation that you are entitled to.
Legal Representation Can Address the Hectic Time Following a Hurricane
If you are experiencing post-hurricane challenges, then you may already know that this period is one of confusion, anxiety, and general uncertainty. Depending on the extent of your losses, you may be making arrangements to repair damaged property or looking for a new place to live.
The process of filing a property claim with your insurer could take significant time and effort. By hiring a lawyer, you may continue to focus on your own personal welfare without having to dedicate your time and energy to the claims process.
A Lawyer Can Handle the Insurance Process
Dealing with an insurance claim of any kind can be challenging. Hurricanes that result in extensive losses can add another layer of complications to an already difficult process. Still, if you have suffered financial losses because of Hurricane Sally, then the insurance process may be unavoidable.
CNBC notes several steps that may be important to home, business, and other property owners in the aftermath of Hurricane Sally. The organization notes that filing an insurance claim as soon as possible can work to promote your recovery options following a natural disaster. You may choose to partner with a lawyer who can help you get reimbursed for your expenses.
A lawyer can handle these steps, as well as any others that may be necessary to complete your property claim, including:
- Surveying your home, business, or another type of property for damage
- Documenting all of the losses caused by Hurricane Sally
- Helping you protect your home from suffering further damage
- Itemizing all of your covered losses
- Organizing all receipts, invoices, and bills that relate to your covered losses
- Documenting costs directly related to hurricane damage, such as hotel receipts
- Obtaining estimates for what it will cost to address your hurricane-related losses
Your lawyer can also handle the administrative aspects of filing a claim by:
- Speaking with your insurance agent to determine your coverage options
- Familiarizing themselves with all relevant aspects of your insurance policy
- Filing your insurance claim
- Filing a claim with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), if appropriate
- Conducting all communications with the insurance company handling your property claim
A Hurricane Sally property claim lawyer in Pensacola can be a part of your support system as you work to get your life back on track. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for more details about how we may assist with your Hurricane Sally property claim.
Potential Complications of a Pensacola Property Claim
One of the greatest benefits of hiring a lawyer is their ability to deal with the unanticipated problems that may arise during the property claims process.
Here are some issues that may arise throughout the development of your insurance claim:
- The insurance company says that your claim is not legitimate, for whatever reason.
- The insurance company offers you a settlement that is less than what you deserve.
- The insurance company says that you have not properly documented your covered losses, and therefore should not receive compensation.
- The insurance company claims that your particular policy does not cover certain types of covered losses.
- The insurance company blatantly refuses to offer you the coverage that is clearly outlined in your insurance policy.
The success of your claim may ultimately come down to your ability to deal with the liable insurance company. A lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can negotiate for the money you deserve and help you get the compensation you need.
Get Started Recouping Your Losses Today
You may be facing many unanticipated challenges right now as a result of Hurricane Sally. However, a Hurricane Sally property claim lawyer in Pensacola can take on the task of completing your property claim.
Whether you have insurance through USAA or another insurer, a lawyer can handle your claim from start to finish. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for more details.
We Can Help.