When a storm strikes in Orange County, it can yield significant property damage and losses. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always hold up their end of policy agreements, leaving you to potentially take on much or all of the property damage costs. We want to avoid that happening to you, so an Orlando storm loss property claim lawyer can take your place in dealing with your insurer and acquire the coverage you need.
We will gladly manage the entirety of your case because you have dealt with enough. You pay your insurance premium every month and expect your insurer to treat you fairly when bad weather strikes and you need compensation. We can hold insurance companies accountable for acting in bad faith. The last thing you need is getting the runaround from them; we will let your insurance company know we mean business.
Losses You May Recover in Your Storm Loss Property Claim
The types of damages you experience will depend on many variables, and the losses you recover will hinge on many factors, including your particular policy. Generally speaking, many storm damage victims are able to collect the following losses:
- Roof repair or replacement
- Fire damage from downed electrical wires or trees
- Damaged vehicles
- Boarding up your home and other costs involved in prepping your home against damage
- Mold clean-up
- Damage from flying objects and debris
- Damage to the structure of your home or business
- Possessions damaged on the inside of your home
- Moisture damage from rain that enters the house through holes in the roof or walls
- Damaged motor vehicles
- Broken windows and doors
Your storm loss property claim lawyer will identify all your damages, assign value to them, and fight for the amount of compensation you are entitled to collect. Insurance companies are known to undervalue claims, but we won’t let that happen. We will make sure there is no money being left on the table.
Tricks Insurers Use to Get Out of Paying Your Losses
Receiving compensation from your insurance company for storm-related property losses should be simple and straightforward. Often, though, this is not the case because your insurance provider is a business, and business is about profits.
Even if you pay your monthly premiums without fail, the truth is that an insurance company is more successful the less it pays out.
Here are some of the tricks that insurance companies use to avoid paying your claims:
- They will inundate you with paperwork demands for documentation.
- They will delay your claim right up until the deadline.
- They will send you a partial payment and mark it as paid in full.
- They will request that you sign documentation that bars you from seeking compensation for damages you discover later.
- They will conclude that there was pre-existing damage.
- They will insist that some of your repairs are not necessary.
- They will tell you that your losses are not covered in your homeowner’s policy.
Our legal team will see right through these tactics and any others your insurance company throws our way. We will see that the losses you recover are exactly what you need.
How One of Our Lawyers Can Help You with Your Claim in Orlando
We can do all the legwork of documenting your damage, filing your claim, negotiating with the insurance company. Our legal team has the knowledge that comes from experience working with insurance companies and the tenacity to get you the results you need.
When you hire a lawyer in Orlando from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to help you with your claim, you can rest assured that we will go the extra mile to recover your losses.
- Study your policy to determine what it covers
- Gather evidence and document to support your claim
- File your claim
- Protect your rights
- Fight for you in court, if necessary
The Importance of Understanding Your Insurance Coverage
Your insurance policy is written using complex jargon. It is not easy to decipher and apply to your situation when you need it. This, of course, works in favor of the insurance company, who counts on your lack of clarity to undercut your claim or deny it outright.
We will make sure you understand your policy so the claim we file makes sense to you. You may be surprised to discover a thing or two in this policy. For example, many people assume that their homeowner’s insurance covers flood damage. Typically, it does not. Windstorm damage, too, is an optional coverage in Florida that you might have opted out of when you signed your policy.
After our team reviews your policy, we will carefully explain it to you. This knowledge will simplify the claims process for you and go a long way toward relieving the stress of the unknown.
Different Types of Storms Bring Different Types of Damages
Although they all share some common characteristics, different types of storms wield their unique properties to wreak distinctive damage on your property. Hurricanes dominate most Floridians’ concerns due to their relative regularity and massive potential for damage.
However, Florida’s geographic placement on the map, warm climate, and proximity to water prompt many different types of storms that can devastate property in their own way.
Types of Storms Common to Orlando
Thunderstorms – From ordinary cells to supercells and Derechos, the most severe of thunderstorms can bring damaging wind, violent tornadoes, flash floods, and hail.
- Lightning – Orlando sits in what some people refer to as “Lightning Alley.” Lightning can cause trees to fall and start fires that damage homes and businesses.
- Hurricanes – Florida’s hurricane season starts June 1 and runs through November 30 every year. Orlando is not a coastal city, but hurricanes still affect the area with damaging windstorms, hail, and flooding, among other dangers.
- Hailstorms – These storms cause a great deal of damage to home and property exteriors, including siding, roofs, windows, and motor vehicles.
- Tornadoes – The damage from tornadoes comes from the high winds, some with speeds over 200 miles per hour. Flying debris can damage property and literally tear a home apart.
- Floods – Flooding can cause extensive property damage wherever it occurs. All it takes is heavy rain with levels that rise faster than storm drains are able to process. Most of the damage is inflicted when flood water enters homes and potentially ruins their interiors. You should note that, according to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, flood damage is not covered by traditional homeowner insurance policies, so you must have a separate flood insurance policy.
- Tropical Storms – With wind speeds registering between 39 and 73 miles per hour, tropical storms can yield significant damage from flying debris and heavy rainfall.
You Pay Us Nothing Unless We Get You Compensated
You may be in a tough spot right now financially, and paying a lawyer hourly fees can quickly worsen your situation. The good news is that when you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you do not pay your lawyer hourly or anything up front.
You pay nothing at all for our services unless we secure a fair financial award for your damages. Our fees will be taken out of your winnings, so you’re never paying us out of pocket. Our firm operates under this contingency-fee arrangement because our main goal is obtaining justice for our clients. We welcome anyone in need of legal help, regardless of their financial standing.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at (407) 500-4000. You will receive a free review of your policy and consultation about your right to receive storm property losses.
You will also learn the legal options you can pursue if your claim is undervalued or denied. We offer responsive legal care; let us get to work for you today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW