A car accident can cause severe injuries, leaving you with significant financial losses and many questions about how to protect your rights and economic stability. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can give you answers, help you explore your legal options, and help you fight for the money that helps you get back on your feet.
Our North Bay Village personal injury lawyers can assist you with insurance claims or take legal action to recover your auto accident damages. Life moves fast, but so do we. Our North Village car accident lawyer will investigate your crash and prove your right to financial compensation. Contact us today to start working toward your recovery during an initial consultation.
Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Laws Will Affect Your Auto Accident Claim
Because Florida is a no-fault insurance state, most car accident cases begin with a personal injury protection (PIP) claim, regardless of who caused the crash. According to Florida Statutes § 627.736, drivers must have a minimum of $10,000 in PIP. This insurance pays 80 percent of your medical bills and compensates around two-thirds of your lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working.
Our Florida PIP attorneys can file a compensation claim with your insurer. However, if you have severe injuries, your loved one sustained a fatal injury, or your medical expenses exceed your PIP, you can step outside the no-fault system. We can help you pursue a liability claim or personal injury lawsuit against those responsible for your collision.
Our North Bay Village Car Accident Lawyers Will Fight For Fair Compensation
A case against an at-fault party will allow you to recover awards not available through your PIP insurance, including non-economic damages. In general, our North Bay Village car accident lawyers can seek compensation for the following:
- Medical treatment expenses, including bills exceeding your PIP, treatments your insurance doesn’t cover, and ongoing care needs, such as physical therapy, rehabilitation, and nursing.
- Lost income, including the total value of your lost wages and employment benefits.
- Lost earning capacity if you suffered a long-term, permanent, or disabling injury that interferes with your ability to work.
- Property damage, which can include vehicle repair costsor your car’s fair market value if the damage is irreparable.
- Pain and suffering, including physical and chronic pain, scarring, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of companionship, mental anguish, emotional distress, and impaired quality of life.
- Wrongful death, including medical costs, funeral and burial expenses, loss of your loved one’s income, loss of your family member’s services, support, and society, and survivors’ mental pain and suffering.
We Will Set Out To Prove Car Crash Liability After An Accident in North Bay Village, FL
As mentioned, PIP pays no matter who is liable for your damages. However, to win personal injury compensation, you must prove the other party’s reckless, negligent, or wrongful behavior caused the motor vehicle accident.
Our car accident lawyers serving North Bay Village, FL, can do the following to build your case and secure economic justice for you or your injured loved one:
- Investigate and collect evidence. As soon as you reach out, our legal team can investigate your accident and gather evidence to support your claim. Proof in a car collision case may include physical debris, photographs from the crash site, eyewitness testimony, police reports, medical records, and dashcam or surveillance footage.
- Identify all negligent parties. After we review the evidence we collect, we will determine who or what caused your car wreck. In many cases, the at-fault party is a negligent driver. However, liable parties’ actions could have contributed to your accident, including a driver’s employer, a property owner, or a vehicle manufacturer.
- Calculate your losses. It’s our job to get the money you deserve, which means identifying every cent owed to you. We will use bills, receipts, estimates, pay stubs, and invoices to prove your financial damages. We can also use testimony from medical professionals, co-workers, and family members to establish your injuries merit pain and suffering compensation.
- Be your voice. We represent people—not case numbers and certainly not insurance companies. We will work tirelessly to take the legal burden of your case off your shoulders while fighting for you and your family. We will not allow insurance adjusters to push you around, employ bad-faith tactics, or pressure you into accepting an offer that does not meet your needs. We will negotiate the maximum compensation possible. If necessary, we will file your case in civil court and represent you at trial.
Act Quickly To Protect Your Right To Sue For Damages
If you are considering whether you have to go to court for your car accident case, you must keep an eye on the calendar. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, the court will likely refuse to hear your car accident case, even if you have solid evidence of the other party’s negligence. If you cannot sue, it will also harm your insurance claims by removing any legal leverage you have.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to start your case before the statute of limitations expires.
North Bay Village Collisions Can Cause Severe And Deadly Injuries
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that nearly 29,000 people suffered crash injuries in Miami-Dade County in 2022. Another 320 people were fatally wounded. If you or your loved one were in a collision on the Bay Harbor Islands or anywhere in the greater Miami area, our car accident attorneys can assist you. We handle cases involving the following:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Sideswipe “T-bone” collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck and commercial motor vehicle crashes
- Bus accidents
Call Us About Your North Bay Village, FL, Car Accident Today – Free Consultation
When you work with the North Bay Village car accident lawyers from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can rest assured we will handle your case with the care and attention it deserves. Our legal team will manage every detail of your claim or lawsuit so that you can focus on your health.
We have fought for injured Floridians, so we know what it takes to secure a fair and full settlement or achieve a successful verdict. We have offices conveniently located in major cities across the state and offer free consultations for personal injury victims. Contact us today to learn how we can take your case for nothing up front or out of pocket.
We Can Help.