Distracted driving is a significant problem on United States roadways. Many communities are enacting legislation making texting and driving illegal, but the distraction problem goes much deeper. If you are the victim of a distracted driver, our car accident attorney can help you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our injury clients get their attorney’s phone numbers, so they can have peace of mind throughout their case. Our team strives to be available to clients through email and social media as well. We have experience serving injured people all over Florida, and we will fight to make a difference in your quality of life, too.
Compensation For Your Injuries
When you are injured and another driver is at fault, our car accident and personal injury team can help assess the value of your losses and negotiate for its recovery. Typically, car accident victims are eligible to pursue two kinds of damages – economic and non-economic.
Economic damages correlate to your expenses and losses due to the accident and your injuries. The monetary damages we seek compensation for can include the following:
- Medical costs include ambulance transportation, emergency room treatment, surgical procedures, hospital stays, medications, medical devices, and physical therapy. Our team will evaluate your medical records and doctor’s statements to include any injury-related expenses.
- Lost wages include your current wages if you cannot return to work. Commissions, bonuses, pay raises, and employee benefits you lost due to injuries also fall under this area of compensation. If your injuries cause the loss or delay of retirement benefits, those losses may also be included.
Non-economic damages don’t have a direct monetary record. Our team can use a formula to determine an equivalent and fair compensation value for the following:
- Pain and suffering refers to the pain of your injuries, recovery time, and suffering you might incur with chronic pain and other long-lasting effects of your injuries.
- Mental anguish includes things that affect your state of mind, such as developing a fear of driving or suffering depression due to injuries.
- Loss of life enjoyment includes the potential inability to enjoy the things you once did.
Our team will evaluate every aspect of your injuries and their effect on your life to determine adequate and fair compensation. We will fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
A Naples Distracted Driving Car Accident & Injury Lawyer Has Answers
Accidents happen within a split second. They can leave you dazed, confused, injured, and overwhelmed. A Naples distracted driving car accident & injury lawyer from our team can help you make sense of things after an accident.
What Our Team Can Do For You
We begin with a free case evaluation. We listen to your recollection of the accident and will evaluate your case. Our team members will offer you sound advice on your next steps. If you decide we are a good fit, we can begin working on your case.
Our team will investigate your accident to collect evidence, determine the cause, and identify the liable party. Some of the tasks we accomplish for you include
- Interviewing witnesses
- Collecting photos and video surveillance from the scene, if available
- Evaluating your medical condition and prognosis
- Compiling documentation of your losses
- Bringing in expert witnesses if necessary
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Negotiating on your behalf for fair compensation
- Representing you in court, if necessary
We work to build a strong case for optimum results. Many cases settle before any court appearance, but we will be right there with you if your case goes to a civil trial.
Distracted Driving Affects All Drivers
Technology is a distraction for drivers. Our cars have satellite reception for music and movies, backup cameras, dash cams, and built-in Global Positioning Systems (GPS). We can dial a phone with voice commands and send text messages and emails without touching a keyboard. They are even developing self-driving cars. With so much technology available, our distractions will continue to worsen.
In 2019 the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recorded that more than 3,100 people in the United States lost their lives to distracted drivers. Another 424,000 people were injured in accidents with distracted drivers. The distractions are no longer just phones and texting. We can also add the following items:
- Changing the radio station
- Adjusting digital temperature controls
- Checking GPS devices
The original distractions still play a role too:
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to passengers or children
Distractions include anything that removes the driver’s attention from driving.
Technology contributes to each of the three types of distraction, including:
- Visual distractions. Anything that takes your eyes off of the road is a visual distraction. Checking your phone or GPS or looking at a passenger would apply.
- Manual distractions. When you have to take your hands off the wheel, this is a manual distraction. These include eating, drinking, texting or talking on the phone, adjusting controls, etc.
- Cognitive distractions. If you become emotionally or mentally distracted, your reaction times may suffer. Examples include talking on the phone or with passengers or engaging with media that takes your mind off of driving.
Injuries Caused By Distracted Driving
The types of injuries you may suffer from an accident involving a distracted driver include:
- Bruises, strains, sprains, and soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Abrasions and cuts
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other head injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Spinal injuries
- Partial and complete paralysis
- Dismemberment (loss of limbs or appendages)
- Internal organ injuries
When driving distracted, a driver may not react as promptly, which can cause impacts to be more severe. If you suffered a catastrophic injury from a distracted driver, you deserve compensation for the significant losses this accident has caused.
Our Naples Car Accident And Injury Team Is Here For You
You do not need to face financial challenges on your own after an accident. Our Naples distracted driving car accident & injury lawyer will stand by your side. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are dedicated to providing you with the best representation we can. Our team will fight for your compensation. Contact our office to begin with your no-risk case evaluation.
We Can Help.