You have a legal right to pursue monetary compensation if you suffered injuries and damages in a semi-truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence. However, Florida has complex fault and liability laws. Therefore, you may want to seek the services of a lawyer who has experience with these laws—and knows how to get results for victims.
A Miramar semi-truck accident lawyer from our team will compile evidence, investigate the accident to determine liability, file an injury claim on your behalf, and negotiate for your maximum compensation. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we offer free consultations and work based on contingency to lighten the financial burdens of the legal process.
How a Miramar Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you were hurt in a truck crash, you can reach out to a Miramar semi-truck accident lawyer for legal representation. A semi-truck accident lawyer can handle the details of your injury claim as you concentrate on your recovery. Here are some of the legal services our lawyers will offer:
- Compile all the necessary documents needed during the claim filing, such as accident reports, medical records, and insurance policy information
- Identify the cause of the accident by reviewing evidence, such as videos and photos, police reports, and witness statements
- Determine all the potentially liable parties in the accident
- File the personal injury claim for you
- Negotiate with the insurer for maximum settlement
- Represent you at trial if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Miramar, 800-747-3733
Damages in a Florida Semi-Truck Accident Claim
When you’re hurt in a semi-truck accident, you have a legal right to pursue compensation for your injuries and damage to your property. Personal injury damages are divided into two main categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are rewarded for your financial losses, and they may include:
- Past and future estimated medical costs, such as medication, physical therapy, hospital bills, and doctor’s office visits
- Past and future estimated lost earnings, including lost wages from missed work during your recovery period and any projected losses to your future earnings
- Property damage, such as vehicle repairs or replacement
On the other hand, non-economic damages can compensate you for more subjective losses, including:
- Pain and suffering, such as mental, physical, and emotional distress resulting from your injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) if you had a diagnosis from a provider and sought treatment for your trauma
MiramarSemi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents in Florida
Truck drivers work on tight schedules since they’re expected to transport massive loads across long distances. As a result, some of the major causes of semi-truck accidents in Miramar include:
- Driver Fatigue: It’s a severe problem in the trucking industry. Even though there are laws limiting the hours a truck driver is on the road, truck drivers still work long hours due to demanding schedules. A tired truck driver can easily fall asleep while driving, causing a crash. Approximately 31% of all truck crashes are due to driver fatigue, per the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Driving Under the Influence: It’s illegal for motorists to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Some prescription drugs a truck driver may be taking can also cause impairment, leading to poor judgment and coordination.
- Truck Driver Error: Truck driver error can include accidents caused by surveillance failures, changing lanes without signaling to other motorists, and other errors.
- Distracted Driving: Distraction and inattention by truck drivers on the road can often cause accidents. Long hours on the road can cause boredom, which can tempt truck drivers to look for something to keep them occupied. The driver may use their phone to text or make calls. Even a few seconds of a driver taking their eyes off the road could make the difference between causing an accident and safe driving.
- Lack of Training: Trucking companies may fail to train their drivers properly due to the high demand for truck drivers. A lack of adequate training can lead to severe and dangerous accidents since trucks are large and heavy and need a skilled operator. Truck drivers are required to go through training hours in order to get behind the wheel of a commercial vehicle.
Our attorneys will identify any forms of negligence that could have led to your accident and gather evidence to show that the other party is responsible for your truck crash.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Liable Parties in a Semi-Truck Accident
Several parties can be held responsible after a semi-truck accident since many people and companies are usually connected to the truck. Examples of responsible parties include:
- Truck Driver: A trucker may be held liable for an accident if it was due to their negligent behavior, such as fatigued driving, distracted driving, and speeding. A truck driver could also be responsible for ensuring the proper loading of cargo.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company is responsible for hiring and ensuring their drivers are adequately trained and abide by FMCSA’s regulations regarding inspection and maintenance. A trucking company will be held liable for an accident if it occurs due to its failure to follow these safety guidelines.
- Truck and Parts Manufacturers: Truck accidents can happen due to a truck or component failure, such as brake failures, tire blowouts, or problems with the steering systems. A truck or parts manufacturer will be held responsible if the accident was caused by a defective system or failed truck part.
- Cargo Loaders: Loaders must follow specific procedures to ensure the cargo is appropriately secured when loading. The cargo loading company could be held accountable if improper cargo loading caused the truck accident.
Miramar Semi-Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Case Review
After a semi-truck accident in Miramar, you shouldn’t have difficulty focusing on the legalities of your injury claim. Hire a semi-truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for responsive legal services and guidance. We’ll handle all aspects of your case as you focus on your recovery.
Our team is dedicated to helping you receive the reward you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review and more information.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW