Did a truck accident injure you or a loved one? You may be entitled to compensation. A West Palm Beach semi-truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can fight for the settlement you deserve.
Recoverable Damages After a Semi-Truck Accident
The damages you recover depend on your accident; however, we commonly recover compensation for the following in truck accident cases:
Your injuries might have required ambulance transport to a hospital and emergency care once you got there. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Hospitalization costs
- Assistive devices
- In-home care
- Physical therapy
We can also recover compensation for any future medical costs your doctor predicts you will have.
If you had to take time off work to recover or attend appointments, we can recover those losses for you.
Lost Earning Capacity
If your injuries required you to take a lower-paying job, work fewer hours, or retire from the workforce, our team can recover those future losses.
Semi-truck accidents can be emotionally devastating experiences. You may have developed anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder because of the experience. These effects on your mental health are compensable. We can also help you recover compensation for any pain and suffering or mental anguish you have endured.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident, our team can help you recover the following through a wrongful death action:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income
- Lost support and services
- Lost companionship and protection
- Pain and suffering
- Lost parental companionship, guidance,
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving West Palm Beach, 800-747-3733
How Our Lawyers Help You After a Truck Accident
Semi-truck accidents can harm anyone going about their day. When these unfortunate incidents happen, a semi-truck accident lawyer can help by:
- Investigating the accident to determine how it occurred by examining the police report, eyewitness statements, traffic cameras, and other relevant resources
- Identifying the at-fault entity, be it the trucking company, another motorist, the local government, or the trucking company
- Communicating with the insurance carrier of the defendant and negotiating a fair settlement with them; discussions can often take a wrong turn as carriers are notorious for declining to pay
- Helping you determine where your compensation will come from
- Being your sounding board and source of comfort during a tumultuous time; in the face of financial hardship, your attorney can make special arrangements for treatment
- Preparing a convincing lawsuit to present to the defendant’s attorney and handling all legal paperwork
- Defending your rights in court if negotiations fail
West Palm BeachSemi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Holding Another Party Liable for Your Injuries
To hold a person or entity liable for your injuries, we must establish negligence. Proving negligence requires us to establish the following:
- Duty: The plaintiff must show the defendant owed them a duty of care. For example, semi-truck drivers have a responsibility to operate their rigs safely to avoid harming other road users.
- Breach: The defendant violated that duty of care by acting or not acting as desired. The truck driver was fatigued because they drove longer than legally allowed.
- Causation: The defendant’s action or lack thereof brought harm upon the plaintiff. The truck driver failed to maintain their lane and sideswiped you.
- Damages: Illustrate the harm sustained, such as injuries from a semi-truck accident. You suffered a traumatic brain injury and are now unable to work.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Evidence We Need to Prove Fault in a Semi-Truck Accident Case
The evidence we need will depend on how the accident occurred. For example, was the other driver speeding? Were they intoxicated? Do they have a history of accidents?
While a lot of the information we need will be found at the crash site, there are critical pieces of evidence we can gather afterward, such as:
The law requires involved parties to call the police after certain accidents. The police will typically come to the scene and draft a report, including their observations and any citations issued. We can use this report to help establish the truck driver’s negligence.
Pictures of the Crash Site
Taking photos of the angle of the vehicles involved, traffic signals (or lack thereof), or skid marks (or lack thereof) can help establish what happened. If you took any photos, let your lawyer know.
Witness statements give an unbiased account of how the accident occurred. A witness might have also seen what the truck driver was doing right before the accident, which can help establish negligence.
You may have needed emergency surgery directly after the accident. You might also need ongoing physical therapy for an injury. You should keep track of all medical expenses and any other expenses to establish how your accident affected and continues to affect you.
West Palm Beach Semi-Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
We don’t Charge Upfront Fees
You can hire our lawyers with no money up front. We do not take retainers and only recover our attorney’s fees when you recover compensation.
You face no financial risk when you work with our team.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Legal Counsel
Did a semi-truck in West Palm Beach injure you? Consult a lawyer to determine the type of damages you might be eligible for and how to recover them. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers responsive legal care, answering all your pressing questions and handling your claim through all processes.
We strive to win the highest settlement possible while you focus on healing. Contact us today for a free case review and legal counsel.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW