Water damage can have several sources. It might be from a burst pipe or leaky roof. Whatever the cause, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are here to help you get the compensation you deserve so that you can do necessary repairs or replace damaged items.
A water intrusion damage property claim lawyer in Miami will:
- Review your policy for exact coverage of losses
- Secure all documents for filing a claim
- File, manage, and follow-up on claims
- Protect your rights as a property owner
- Take your case to court if necessary
Our lawyers will protect your rights for a new or existing water intrusion claim. Please call 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free consultation with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Water Intrusion Can Destroy Your Most Important Financial Asset
For most people, their home is their most valuable asset. Water intrusion can quickly cause thousands of dollars in damages and, in some cases, make your home uninhabitable.
The results of water intrusion, such as mold and mildew, can seriously affect your health and well-being. These substances are particularly dangerous for those with asthma, mold allergies, and weakened immune systems, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
That is why you should call a water intrusion damage property claim lawyer in Miami who will make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can file a claim with your property insurance or against a third-party if they are responsible for the damage.
Our Lawyers Will Protect Your Rights
Insurance policies are full of fine print. In fact, many policyholders are not sure what their coverage includes, according to the Wall Street Journal. To make recovering compensation even more challenging, some insurance companies look for reasons to delay or even deny a legitimate claim… even from their own policyholders.
A lawyer with our firm will read your policy and explain exactly your covered losses. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will also prepare your claim according to your carrier’s specific format and include all necessary information.
Please call our firm for a free consultation. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge you any attorney’s fees or costs unless we recover compensation for you. Please call 1 (800) 747-3733.
Water Intrusion Causes Major Problems
Water intrusion can weaken the foundation of your home, destroy your private property, and lead to the buildup of harmful mold and mildew. It is important that you take immediate steps to extract standing water. You also must stop the flow or source of water to prevent further damage.
Your property insurance policy may require you to do what you can to mitigate the damage. For example, you should turn off the water supply to a leaking or burst pipe. If the water intrusion is from a roof damaged by a storm, place a tarp over the hole when it is safe for you to do so.
Each situation is different, but many water intrusion claims include these losses:
- Water extraction and drying services
- Damaged appliances and electronics
- Ruined flooring
- Damaged or weakened drywall and foundation
- Repair and renovation
- Damaged furniture, clothes, and personal items
- Treatment for mold and mildew
- Alternative living arrangements if the home is uninhabitable
- Lost income if the damaged property is a business or you have a home office
An attorney with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to help you with your water intrusion property claim. Please call 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free consultation.
Some Insurance Companies Look for Reasons Not to Pay Your Claim
In our experience, some insurance companies will try to find excuses to avoid paying some or all your claims. These tactics may include:
- Stating that your claim is for a preexisting condition.
- Offering a lowball payment that is not adequate for repair.
- Requiring you to sign a full release even for a progress payment.
- Insisting that you did not take proper measures to mitigate the damage, if applicable.
- Delaying your claim for an unusually long time.
Common Causes of Water Intrusion
Property in Miami can be especially prone to water intrusion because the water table is low. Hurricanes, tropical storms, and powerful thunderstorms are a common source of water intrusion when high winds penetrate the roof or exterior walls.
Other reasons for water intrusion include:
- Burst or leaky pipes
- Other plumbing concerns, such as a backed-up toilet
- Build-up of condensation in places most likely to collect water, such as crawl spaces, attics, and basements
- Malfunctioning dishwashers, washing machines, ice makers, and other household appliances
- Burst septic tank or leaking well
- Problems with HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) units
- Weather-related issues such as hurricanes, tropical depressions, tropical storms, and wind events
Flood insurance is a separate policy from property insurance. Most basic property insurance does not include flood protection either from storm surge or overflowing lakes, rivers, or retention ponds.
How Our Lawyers Help After Water Intrusion
Water intrusion is an unplanned but frequent problem. As property claim lawyers in Miami, we understand how upsetting it can be to see damage to your home or business. Insurance claims can be confusing, and it is important to send in a clear, exact valuation of your losses, along with proof.
Your lawyer will make sure your insurance claim has:
- Evidence of damaged property (such as photos or videos)
- Comprehensive loss inventory
- Copies of receipts for items such as water extraction services, tarps, and other expenses
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine help Miami property owners with water intrusion losses, including:
- Home and condominium owners
- Landlords and apartment building owners
- Commercial property owners
- Commercial tenants
- Homeowner and condominium associations
Call for a Free Case Review
Please call a water intrusion damage property claim lawyer in Miami for help with a new or existing claim. Please call 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free case review from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
We Can Help.