If you are an employee who suffers injuries or develops a particular illness because of your job, you might be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance providing employees with medical benefits and wage replacement if they experience injuries during their employment.
Our Lehigh Acres workers’ compensation lawyers understand the challenges of these injuries or illnesses and can assist you through the claim process. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
- Criteria To Receive Workers’ Compensation
- Common Causes of Workplace Injuries
- Steps To Follow for a Work-Related Injury
- Keeping Your Job
- What to Avoid When Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
- What to Do if Your Claim is Denied
- The Lehigh Acres Time Limits for Filing Workers’ Compensation
- Speak With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Lehigh Acres
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, call (800) 747-3733
Criteria To Receive Workers’ Compensation
- Death benefits
- Lost wages
- Medical care
Lehigh Acres Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Common Causes of Workplace Injuries
Workers’ compensation claims arise for a variety of reasons. These benefits cover job-related injuries, as well as occupational diseases. Here are examples of the most common reasons for filing a claim:
- Burns from fires
- Chemical burns
- Falls from heights
- Falling objects
- Occupational illnesses
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Slips and falls
- Work vehicle accidents
Filing a workers’ compensation claim requires that the illness or injury is job-related. There are specific circumstances that disqualify an employee from receiving coverage, such as intoxication during the time of the injury. Your Lehigh Acres workers’ compensation lawyer can help you understand how your injury or illness qualifies and the benefits you should receive.
Steps To Follow for a Work-Related Injury
Here are some suggestions for what you should do following a work-related injury:
- If it is a medical emergency, call 911.
- Visit the doctor specified by your employer. If you visit the emergency room, be sure to alert staff to the fact that this is a work-related injury.
- Immediately report the incident to your supervisor. If you do not report your claim within 30 days, you are going to receive a denial. Be sure to include the details, such as the location and any witnesses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Keeping Your Job
If you file a workers’ compensation claim in the state of Florida, your current employer cannot fire you or prevent you from filing a workers’ compensation claim, per Florida Statute §440.205. If you need legal help, reach out to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
What to Avoid When Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
There are three primary mistakes you can make when filing a workers’ compensation claim. Making these mistakes can make receiving benefits more difficult. They include:
- Giving recorded statements
- Not being honest about prior injuries or accidents
- Signing medical releases
What to Do if Your Claim is Denied
If your workers’ compensation claim is denied, you can take it through the appeals process. It is common to receive a workers’ compensation denial. The insurance company might take issue with the way you completed your claim or that your injury or illness was preexisting. Your next step is appealing that denial. At that point, you are going to receive a date for a hearing.
The Lehigh Acres Time Limits for Filing Workers’ Compensation
According to Florida Statute §440.19, employees must file:
- Actions within two years of their injury
- After that initial two-year timeframe, within one year following the last compensation payment or provision of medical care, treatment, or attendance
Speak With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Lehigh Acres
If a loved one suffered injuries on the job and you wish to file a workers’ compensation claim, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine team is here to assist you. Let our Lehigh Acres workers’ compensation lawyers protect your rights by handling your claim and pursuing the compensation you are entitled to receive. Contact our team right away at 1-800-747-3733, so we can review your case for free today.