Unexpectedly losing a loved one can turn your life upside down. Right now, above all else, you deserve an advocate and financial justice. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can support you during this troubling time. We can manage the entirety of your wrongful death case while you focus on healing.
You’re Not Alone With Our Lake Helen Wrongful Death Team
When you hire us, your case becomes our case. We handle your wrongful death claim as though it involves one of our own family members. We believe that our resources, attention to detail, and experience go a long way in seeking damages.
- Investigate the fatal accident
- Consult with experts
- Communicate with the claims adjuster
- Calculate your losses
- Apply state law to your case
- Offer timely updates
Our car accident lawyers serving Lake Helen operate on contingency. We don’t charge a cent until your case successfully resolves, and a portion of your settlement pays for our services.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Fight For Fair Compensation In Lake Helen
Compensation, whether through negotiations or a lawsuit, should account for each of your past, present, and future losses. You shouldn’t have to pay a dime after losing a loved one to negligence. Compensable losses we can pursue include:
- End-of-life care costs, such as hospice and life support
- Property damage expenses
- Funeral, burial, and celebration of life costs
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Anything you spent out of pocket
We can’t put a dollar figure on your loved one’s life. Nobody can. Yet, we assess various financial documents to support the value we’re asking from the liable insurer. We work together with your family to learn what constitutes a fair value for your non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering.
The Statute Of Limitations Outlines How Long You Have To Sue
HB 837 has reduced Florida’s civil statute of limitations to two years. You must file your wrongful death lawsuit within that timeframe or risk losing the right to seek damages. Our lawyers know that in a time like this, legal action could be the farthest thing from your mind.
Yet, it’s vital to consider your options. When you connect with our team and discuss your case during a free consultation, you can learn more about your case’s filing deadline and other relevant factors.
We Encourage Prompt Legal Action
The statute of limitations isn’t the only time-sensitive aspect of your case. It’s also important that we get a fast start on gathering evidence. For instance, if traffic camera footage captured your loved one’s collision, that could serve as valuable evidence. Yet, it won’t last forever.
The more time that passes between now and your loved one’s passing, the less evidence could be available. There’s no reason to worry about entrusting us with your case, and what’s more, we can start working on it immediately.
We Learn The Reason For The Fatal Collision In Lake Helen
Learning the cause of your loved one’s collision allows us to determine who should pay for your losses. During an investigation, we review the police report, traffic camera footage, and eyewitness testimony to learn what unfolded. We may find one or more of the following caused the fatal accident:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Improper left turns
- Disobeying traffic signals
Sometimes, there are additional factors present in fatal collisions, such as roadside debris, broken traffic lights, and faulty auto parts. These factors could make a government agency or product manufacturer liable for your losses. If so, we can hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Lake Helen, FL?
Per Florida Statutes 768.20, only a personal representative of the decedent’s estate can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. This person is usually listed in their will or designated by the state. While the personal representative can be a family member, it’s not guaranteed.
If you’re unsure about this law and how it affects your case, talk to us. We can discuss your case in further detail and explain what you can expect.
Listen To What Previous Clients Share About Our Florida Law Firm
There’s a reason why the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is a household name in Florida. We go above and beyond for our clients, overcoming their cases’ obstacles and tirelessly advocating for what they need.
Here’s what some have to share about their experience working with us:
- “I had nothing but a positive experience with the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. What I admired the most is the level of professionalism among his staff from Anna at the front desk, who is always pleasant and polite to speak to and my attorney Marc and Jonathan Holtz who returned every call and email. Jonathan kept me well informed every step of the way.” ––W.E., former client
- “I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. This is a very professional, courteous and caring group which work hard for their clients. I am very happy with how they handled my car accident case and with the results. Thank you Ana for always being so pleasant and to Attorney Jonathon Holtz for all you did for me. I would definitely recommend this law firm…and would definitely use them again.” ––S.G., former client
Seek Justice Today With The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine
Justice doesn’t need to wait another day. Our team is ready and willing to support your family through this challenging time. A fatal car accident lawyer in Lake Helen from our team wants to hear from you now. We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to learn your story.
We Can Help.