Car accidents can leave victims reeling as they wonder how to cope with their injuries, medical expenses, and other crash-related losses. Fortunately, you can recover your damages with the help of a Lake Helen car accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Our team can help you seek compensation with an auto insurance claim. In addition, we’ll help you pursue personal injury awards from a negligent party in court if necessary.
Recovering Car Accident Compensation Under Florida’s No-Fault System
Florida follows a no-fault car insurance model that can complicate car accident claims. Under this system, drivers must carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for specific crash-related damages, regardless of who caused the wreck.
According to Florida Statutes § 627.736, motorists must have a minimum of $10,000 in PIP, which covers the following:
- Eighty percent of all reasonable and necessary medical expenses, including ambulance transportation, surgeries, hospital fees, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medical devices and equipment, and nursing services
- Disability benefits that cover a percentage of your accident-related lost income
- $5,000 in death benefits per fatally injured party
After a car accident in Florida, you must turn to your PIP protection first. However, if you have severe injuries and significant damages that exceed your coverage, you may qualify for additional damages from a liable party. Our Lake Helen car accident lawyers can help you pursue compensation for the following with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- All your current medical expenses (not just 80 percent)
- Medical treatments not covered by PIP
- Future medical expenses, including life care costs
- Your entire lost earnings and employment benefits
- The total value of your lost earning capacity
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Severe and chronic physical pain
- Mental distress
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of the decedent’s financial contributions, support, services, companionship, and protection
What Is Your Case Worth?
Many factors can influence the compensation you receive. For example, one variable is the available insurance coverage. You can only recover PIP damages up to your policy’s limit. Likewise, you can only seek liability up to the at-fault driver’s policy limits — which might not be much since Florida only requires property damage liability and not bodily injury liability. Thus, legal action may be necessary to reimburse your losses.
Also, understand that insurance companies increase profits by decreasing payouts. Therefore, even your PIP insurer will offer you the lowest settlement possible. In addition, your case will usually be worth more if you qualify to act against a liable party and can pursue pain and suffering damages.
Our Florida auto accident lawyers can help you negotiate a fair insurance settlement. In addition, we’ll help you establish you can step outside the no-fault system.
Lake Helen Motor Vehicle Accident Causes
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported nearly 7,000 injuries and 121 deaths from traffic accidents in Volusia County in 2022.
Did your collision occur on Lakeview Drive, Ohio Avenue, or anywhere else in Lake Helen? If so, our personal injury attorneys can help you hold a liable driver financially responsible for collisions caused by negligent or reckless behavior, including the following:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Texting and driving
- Making an improper turn
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failing to yield the right of way
We can also assist with holding manufacturers or property owners liable for crashes caused by defective auto parts or negligent road conditions.
How Can Our Car Accident Attorneys Help With Your Case?
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine team is here to ease your legal burden, not add to your stress. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
We Can Collect Evidence And Prove Your Right To Compensation
Our attorneys and legal team will put in the hours and legwork necessary to build a solid car accident case. First, we will prove your right to seek compensation from an at-fault party by demonstrating their negligent actions caused your accident, injuries, and damages. We can obtain the following:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Photographs, debris, and physical evidence from the crash site
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Bills, invoices, receipts, wage records, and other proof of your losses
- Estimates regarding your future medical needs and ongoing accident-related expenses
- Testimony from medical professionals, vocational experts, and economists
We Can Help You Meet Case Deadlines
You must adhere to specific deadlines for your car accident case. First, Florida’s PIP statute states you must receive medical treatment for crash injuries within 14 days of the wreck. So, our team could help you schedule a medical appointment if you have not seen a doctor.
Second, you must pursue your case before the state’s statute of limitations expires. Recent changes establish a two-year deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit. In addition, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) allows two years to sue for wrongful death.
If you do not file your case within this time frame, the court will likely dismiss your suit. Additionally, having no option for legal action can hamper your ability to negotiate with an insurance adjuster, resulting in a denied payment or reduced settlement offer. Instead, our lawyers can build your case and work through negotiations before the time to take civil action runs out.
We Offer Responsive Legal Care At No Upfront Cost
Our firm will stand by your side through every step of your car accident case. For example, we will draft and file paperwork, manage case-related communications, and aggressively negotiate for the maximum compensation possible. Finally, if necessary, we will prepare your case for trial and represent you in court.
We do all this—and more—at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost. We want our services to be accessible to everyone seeking economic justice, so we work on contingency. You will only pay us if we win your case. Otherwise, you owe us nothing.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today and schedule your free consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to take your call and connect you with a Lake Helen car accident lawyer.
We Can Help.