If you got injured on someone else’s property because of a dangerous condition, a Cocoa Beach slip and fall accident lawyer could help you seek money damages from the responsible party. When you are recuperating from injuries, building a legal case to support your compensation claim may be the last thing on your mind.
When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine on your injury claim, all you have to do is worry about getting better – our team takes care of everything else. We are so attentive to our clients that we can even help schedule your appointments so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
- Who Can Get Compensation for a Slip and Fall Accident
- How You Can Afford to Have a Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Handle Your Injury Claim
- Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Cases Have a Deadline
- Factors That Can Cause Slip and Fall Accidents
- Get Legal Help with Your Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Injury Claim
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Cocoa Beach, call (800) 747-3733
Who Can Get Compensation for a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall injury claims can result in money damages if you got hurt on someone else’s property because of a hazardous or dangerous condition. For example, electrical cords across the floor could be a tripping hazard, or spilled liquid could cause a slip and fall.
How Much a Slip and Fall Injury Case Is Worth in Cocoa Beach
Our personal injury team can investigate your slip and fall accident to determine how much compensation you might be able to pursue. Your financial recovery will depend on the facts of your situation.
There is no guaranteed or automatic settlement amount that a person can get for a slip and fall accident, but it can be useful to know what kinds of money damages people can win in these injury claims. Here are some examples:
- Lost wages: People often miss paychecks because they cannot work for a while after getting hurt in a slip and fall accident. The party responsible for the condition that led to your injury should have to bear this loss instead of you.
- Medical bills: Typically, one can recover the reasonable cost of the treatment needed for slip and fall wounds. These expenses can begin with the ambulance and emergency room and take you all the way through physical therapy and pain management. Your doctor visits, surgeries, and other medical items can also be in this category.
- Pain and suffering: Getting injured often involves physical discomfort and emotional distress. This category of money damages addresses those experiences.
If you lost a loved one because of injuries from a slip and fall accident, a wrongful death claim may be possible. Damages in this case often include funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How You Can Afford to Have a Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Handle Your Injury Claim
We handle slip and fall accident cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay us any upfront legal fees. We perform all of our work on your claim and only take a percentage of whatever settlement or court award you receive.
When you have stacks of medical bills and might be unable to work because of your injuries, having to pay upfront legal fees could be financially impossible. With a contingency fee arrangement, you can get the justice you deserve without having to be wealthy or go into debt.
The Benefits of Contingency Fee Arrangements
The most obvious advantage of contingency fee arrangements is that you do not have to pay upfront legal fees to get the case started. We can get to work on your injury claim without you having to save up money. Here are two additional benefits of this payment structure in personal injury or wrongful death cases:
- We take care of the costs during the legal process. With a traditional hourly fee arrangement, you would have to pay the court filing fee, deposition expenses, and other costs. Instead, we take care of this during the case and get reimbursed out of the settlement proceeds or jury award.
- You pay nothing unless you win. For a law firm to take this kind of risk, we need to believe in the strength of your claim. You could say that we are betting our paycheck on your case being a winner. Knowing that fact gives personal injury plaintiffs confidence and peace of mind.
Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Cases Have a Deadline
If you wait too long to take legal action against the party responsible for your injuries, at some point, it will be too late. Florida has time limits for seeking compensation for your losses in court. If you miss the deadline, the law bars you from filing a lawsuit.
You only have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Meanwhile, if your loved one died from slip and fall injuries, Florida law only gives you two years to sue the at-fault party, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). Negotiating with the defendant or their insurance company does not satisfy the deadline—you must actually file a lawsuit in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Factors That Can Cause Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen in parking lots, sidewalks, entries to buildings, alleys, and inside of buildings. Some of the common causes of slip and fall or trip and fall accidents include:
- Uncleared snow, ice, leaves, debris, outdoor spills and leaks, and obstacles obscured by grass or landscaping
- Slick spots or liquid on the floor, such as in the produce or frozen food section of a grocery store
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Unattended spills
- Unsecured cords or cables on the floor, particularly across a walking area
These are just a few examples of slip and fall hazards that we build cases around. If you do not see your circumstances on this list, please give us a call to find out if you might have a viable injury claim.
Get Legal Help with Your Cocoa Beach Slip and Fall Injury Claim
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine help people who get hurt due to the carelessness of others. We pride ourselves on our responsive legal care – you will receive frequent case updates and responses to your telephone calls and emails, and we answer all your questions. You will even get the cell phone number of the attorney handling your case.
A free initial consultation with no obligation awaits when you call us today at 1-800-747-3733.