Call us to get help from a personal injury lawyer in St. Augustine Beach, FL.
How You Could Recover Damages Without Going to Court
Many personal injury cases resolve before going to court. To get you the compensation you deserve, an injury lawyer in St. Augustine Beach will file a claim against the liable party’s insurance coverage. Depending on the type of accident, this insurance claim might be:
- Auto Accidents
- Personal liability
- Medical malpractice
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has recovered compensation for countless injured and disabled men and women since we opened. We know how Florida’s unique liability and comparative negligence laws factor into a personal injury insurance settlement. Our personal injury lawyers have helped clients recover damages and move on with their lives. We can do the same for you.
For your free, no-obligation case evaluation, call us now.
How We Determine if You Qualify for Compensation
There are a few conditions that can help us determine if you are eligible to seek compensation from the liable party, also known as the defendant:
- The defendant had a legal duty of care to you to take reasonable measures to avoid the accident.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- This negligent behavior caused the accident and you, the plaintiff, to be injured.
- You have physical and mental injuries, and damages in the form of medical bills and other losses.
Be Aware of the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
If your personal injury lawyer cannot reach an acceptable negotiation with the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster, you do have the right to file a lawsuit. However, Florida statutes have time limits for injury and wrongful death lawsuits:
- You have four years from the date of the accident to file an injury lawsuit.
- You have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death suit.
A personal injury lawyer in St. Augustine Beach will assess your situation to see if you are eligible to seek compensation. For a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Common Injury Cases That Could Result in Compensation
You should consult with a personal injury lawyer in St. Augustine Beach who has the staff and resources to handle a wide range of cases.
Some of the practice areas for the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine include:
- Motor vehicle accidents including car, truck, motorcycle, moped, bicycle, pedestrian, e-scooter, and bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Defective parts, products, or repairs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Property accidents
Types of Damages Commonly Awarded in an Injury Case
An injury case does not determine guilt or need the same burden of proof as a criminal matter. An injury lawyer in St. Augustine Beach must show that it is more likely than not that the defendant caused injury and damages to the plaintiff. You can document these damages with items such as medical bills, car repairs, and pay stubs for lost wages.
There are no predetermined amounts for a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A personal injury lawyer will give all receipts, relevant medical record information, and other necessary items to the insurance adjuster. The type of damages you could recover depends on your individual case, but common damages include:
- Past medical bills including ambulance, hospital stays, tests, and doctor visits
- Ongoing treatment or therapies
- Lost pay for missed time at work due to injuries, doctor appointments, etc.
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Property damage (for example, car repair)
- Pain and suffering
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for your free consultation. Please call us.
Our Injury Lawyers Want to Help You
We focus on helping people who have been injured through intentional or neglectful acts. Our firm has grown, but our commitment to personal, compassionate service is steadfast. Many of our clients have shared their experience on our website, and we invite you to read these testimonials.
See for yourself how our injury lawyers in St. Augustine Beach can help you and your family. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on a contingency basis. A contingency fee basis means you do not pay attorney fees unless we successfully recover compensation for your case.
Please call us to see how a personal injury lawyer in St. Augustine Beach can help with your claim. The initial consultation is free.
We Can Help.