You can call the team for a lawyer at the scene of a motorcycle accident. The sooner that you contact a lawyer’s team, the sooner they may be able to begin defending your rights. They may provide actionable advice for you while you are at the accident scene, including:
- Not to sign anything that assigns you fault for the accident
- Not to make any statements without first consulting a lawyer’s team
- Not to interact with the other driver or drivers involved in your accident
- To receive medical attention at the scene
- To accept an ambulance ride, as you may have injuries for which on-scene medical attention is not adequate treatment
A lawyer can provide guidance after you leave the scene of the accident. They will pursue any compensation that you or a loved one should be entitled to because of a motorcycle accident.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
A Lawyer Will Consider Your Health After a Motorcycle Accident
Even after you or a loved one leave the scene of a motorcycle accident with your rights intact, having a lawyer to represent you could help you in several ways. A lawyer can advise that you receive the medical attention that you need based on your injuries, which could include:
- Bone fractures
- Injuries to organs
- Injuries to the spinal cord, such as nerve damage and broken vertebrae
- Head injury, which could include brain injury causing lasting damage, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes is a possibility
- Severe lacerations
- Amputation of body parts
- Eye injuries
What you do at the scene of a motorcycle accident could affect your ability to recover from such injuries. What you do in the days and weeks following your accident could also impact your long-term health, and a lawyer will help ensure that you receive the medical care that you need to promote optimal recovery.
In addition to helping you arrange medical treatment, your lawyer will fight for compensation for your covered losses.
A Lawyer Will Handle Settlement Negotiations
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that civil lawsuits tend to result in a settlement rather than going to trial. Settlement negotiations may be the precursor to the settlement and may be the point during which your lawyer argues:
- That you are entitled to a specific amount of compensation
- That the defendant should provide that compensation
- The specific reasons why you are entitled to such compensation and why the defendant is liable
Success during settlement negotiations could result in you or your loved one receiving financial coverage for your losses. Some of the types of losses that may come from a motorcycle accident are the cost of your medical treatment, income that you cannot earn because of injury, permanent disability, pain and suffering, and damage to a vehicle.
In the case of a wrongful death, a lawyer will negotiate for compensation that reflects the great pain that comes from losing a loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
A motorcycle accident can cause victims to suffer serious injuries. They may also claim the lives of a victim, leaving surviving family members without a loved one. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile for those harmed by a motorcycle accident.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.