You do not need a firm understanding of premises liability and slip and fall cases in the Tampa Bay area. Instead, you can hire an attorney who understands every relevant detail of these case types. Our personal injury firm can provide such an attorney.
When someone slips, falls, and suffers injuries, it’s important to determine who is responsible. Our firm will determine liability and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Is A Premises Liability Case?
“Premises” is another word for “property.” When someone owns the property, they are liable (i.e., responsible) for the state of that premises. Generally, an owner is liable for any slipping hazards on the premises.
In addition to slipping hazards, property owners are generally responsible for:
- Tripping hazards
- Electrocution and burn hazards
- Negligent security
- Broken stairs
- Lack of safety features (like handrails)
- Any hazard that causes someone to suffer injuries (including fatal injuries)
When our Tama personal injury lawyers take legal action against a negligent property owner, it’s called a premises liability case.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
What Damages Can a Plaintiff in a Tampa Bay Premises Liability Case Get Compensation For?
Falls come at a great financial cost, as the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society explains. Our firm calculates the cost of our client’s economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses: We will seek compensation for all fall-related medical care, including emergency care, ambulance transport, hospital stays, surgery, and rehabilitation. The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reports that the average medical cost of a fall is $62,521, although your call could prove even costlier.
- Pain and suffering: Your attorney from our team will seek compensation for pain, emotional anguish, psychological distress, and any other pain and suffering from your fall.
- Mental health care: If you need treatment for depression, reduced quality of life, or any other fall symptoms, we’ll demand that liable parties cover your treatment.
- Professional damages: If you experience lost income, decreased earning power, lost bonuses, missed promotion opportunities, impaired quality of life, and other professional damages because of your fall, our team will include the damages in your case.
Brain injuries, broken hips, and other serious injuries from falls can prove fatal, even if not immediately. If your loved one passes away from fall-related injuries, we may seek wrongful death compensation for:
- Lost spousal companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost financial support
- Loss of the decedent’s household contributions
- Your pain and suffering (and necessary treatment)
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
Our team offers its condolences if you’re coping with a loved one’s loss. We will work tirelessly to get justice for your benefit and your loved one’s memory.
What Does It Take To Win A Premises Liability Slip And Fall Case In Tampa Bay?
An attorney can never guarantee they’ll win a premises liability case. However, our lawyers aim to take a consistent approach when working on our clients’ Tampa premises liability cases.
We have won slip and fall cases in Tampa Bay by:
Securing Compelling Evidence As Quickly As Possible
Time is critical when securing evidence from a fall in Tampa Bay. Our lawyers and investigators spring into action and obtain:
- Video footage of the fall
- Photographs of conditions that caused the fall
- Eyewitness accounts of the fall
- Testimony from witnesses who saw pre-fall conditions (even if they did not see the fall itself)
- Statements the property owner made admitting liability
- Your account of the fall
- Any other useful evidence
Waiting too long to collect evidence (and, by extension, waiting too long to hire a lawyer) can be catastrophic to your case. Liable parties may dispose of evidence, witnesses may forget key details, and your trove of evidence (and overall case) may suffer as a result.
Handling The Legal Process From Start To Finish
Our firm believes in its ability to win. Therefore, we want complete control over the legal process. By handling your premises liability case in Tampa from start to finish, we’re able to build the strongest case we possibly can.
Our end-to-end legal service also shields you from the stress and bother of a lawsuit or claim.
Documenting All Of The Client’s Damages (Including Likely Future Damages)
Documenting your damages shows precisely how the property owner’s negligence caused you harm. We may document your damages with:
- X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and other medical images showing fall-related injuries
- Medical expenses
- Past pay records proving your lost income
- Testimony from medical professionals and other experts
- Your own account of pain, suffering, and other damages
- Any other relevant documentation
We enter settlement talks with evidence in hand. If liable parties claim you’re embellishing or lying about damages, we’ll have objective records proving otherwise.
Some law firms are OK settling for a quick, easy settlement. That’s not in our firm’s DNA. Instead, our attorneys fight for the compensation clients deserve until we get a fair settlement offer.
Always Being Prepared For Trial
Prioritizing the client’s financial recovery means being prepared for trial. Our lawyers are trained trial attorneys, and we prepare for every case like it’s going to court.
If your case requires a trial, our team will be ready to:
- Review the defendants’ evidence during the discovery process
- Make opening arguments
- Present and question our witnesses and experts
- Cross-examine the defendants’ witnesses and experts
- Make oral arguments
- File motions and objections
- Represent you from the start of the trial to the issuance of a verdict
Our firm makes a pledge to fight for you, and you won’t need to hold us to it. Getting justice is what the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine does.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Call The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Today For Your Free Consultation
You deserve a law firm that will go the extra mile for you. A premises liability lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will do just that. You worry about getting better while we’ll take care of your slip and fall case in the Tampa Bay Area. Call us today for your free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW