When someone dies from another person or entity’s negligence or fault, their surviving family might be able to file a Florida wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages. Sudden death can inundate a family with immense grief and financial burden, especially if the deceased was the breadwinner.
While a wrongful death lawsuit cannot bring your loved one back, it can help you attain justice and fair compensation to cover funeral expenses, medical bills, and other losses that may be preventing you from getting back on your feet. If you are thinking about proceeding with a wrongful death lawsuit, consider leveraging the knowledge and experience of a local wrongful death attorney. They can aid in filing the suit and undertake the laborious nuts and bolts involved in securing the best outcome for your case.
5 Benefits of Hiring a Local Wrongful Death Attorney
1. Comprehensive knowledge of Florida laws and legal process: A wrongful death attorney knows the laws surrounding all types of accidents that can result in a wrongful death case. They know the elements to develop a case with strong potential. Further, they know the rules that must be followed not to jeopardize your case. For example, under Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d), you must file a lawsuit within two years of your loved one’s death if you are eligible per state law. Otherwise, you will not be able to recover compensation. Local wrongful death attorneys are aware of all such laws and will take the necessary steps to ensure the safe progress of your case.
2. Vast resources to build a solid, evidence-backed case: Your case’s success is strongly rooted in the type and quality of evidence you use. A local wrongful death attorney will tap into a network the expert resources to obtain the necessary evidence to build a fool-proof case for you.
Local wrongful death attorneys tend to have access to accident reconstruction specialists, expert witnesses, and private investigators, which can be leveraged to obtain evidence for proving negligence and damages and further strengthen the crucial components of your wrongful death lawsuit.
3.Expertise to calculate your claim’s value: A wrongful death attorney can use their experience with handling similar cases to help determine the true value of your claim. They will thoroughly investigate your loved one’s death to see how it has impacted your life. Some of the damages that a Plantation wrongful death lawyer can assist you with recovering include:
- Your deceased loved one’s losses: A wrongful death lawsuit can cover losses emanating from the injuries your loved one sustained after the accident and before death. Surgeries, hospitalization, emergency room visits, or medication costs will be covered. You will also be compensated for any lost income or pain and suffering your loved one endured.
- Economic losses for the family: The death of a loved one can financially impact the family since the decedent can no longer provide income, bonuses, or benefits if they were alive till retirement age. They will also no longer be able to contribute to childcare, guardianship, home care, and other services. With a wrongful death lawsuit, you can be reimbursed for all such losses, including the funeral and burial expenses of the deceased.
- Non-economic losses for the family: A loved one’s death can unleash non-financial losses on parents, children, and other family members. A wrongful death attorney can help secure reimbursement for damages such as loss of companionship, loss of guidance, loss of consortium, and emotional pain and suffering caused by the loved one’s death.
Local wrongful death attorneys can place a monetary value on all the losses you are facing so you are fairly compensated for the financial and emotional setbacks caused by the wrongful death. They can also assess if your lawsuit qualifies to receive punitive damages, exclusive to wrongful deaths arising from reckless, egregious, or extremely negligent actions.
4. Undivided attention and laser-focused dedication for your wrongful death claim’s success: Filing a wrongful death lawsuit and going through every step of the complicated legal process is mentally and physically taxing, especially when grieving the loss of a family member.
With a local wrongful death attorney representing your case, you have an experienced legal professional guiding you through every step of the way and even handling the bulk of the legal legwork. Your lawyer can manage the entirety of your case so you can put your full focus on healing with your family.
5.Negotiating while keeping your best interest in mind: Wrongful death cases can involve fighting for compensation from big businesses, hospitals, or other deep-pocketed corporations. These entities try to get the case settled or dismissed quickly, with the aim of preserving their profit and reputation.
Attorneys specializing in wrongful death cases have the negotiation prowess to fight for a settlement that appropriately covers your entire range of losses. They know the tricks insurance companies and big organizations use to diminish their responsibility to the victim’s families. The lawyer will use their experience, resources, and knowledge to protect your right to fair compensation.
Are You Considering Filing A Wrongful Death Lawsuit? Call Us For A Free Consultation
Losing a loved one is one of the most traumatizing events in a person’s life. It can turn your life upside down in multiple ways and leave you with an immense array of setbacks, including financial. If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s reckless actions, a local wrongful death attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you file and manage the wrongful death action process and fight to secure fair compensation for your losses.
Our wrongful death attorneys help surviving family members of loved ones who may have died due to a slip-and-fall accident, motorcycle accident, car accident, boat accident, medical malpractice, or construction accident. It’s one of the many benefits we offer. Over a free consultation, we will listen to your case and answer any wrongful death case-related questions you may have for us. Call us today to learn how much compensation you are eligible to collect in a personal injury case.
We Can Help.