According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the occurrence of life-threatening child injuries has declined over the last decade. However, even with this information in mind, there is nothing more frightening than learning that your child has been injured.
If your child suffered an injury caused by another party’s negligence, you do not have to fight for justice alone. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand how terrifying learning that your child has been injured can be. Right now, you may be missing time off work to care for your loved one or facing a growing pile of medical bills stemming from the accident.
A Winter Garden child injury lawyer can determine how your child was injured, establish liability, and pursue compensation on your behalf. To get started with a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a child injury lawyer serving Winter Garden, call (800) 747-3733
Injuries in a Child Injury Case
If your child is suffering from injuries due to an accident, you have legal options. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can help you no matter how your child was injured.
The CDC lists the following as the top 5 contributing factors in child injuries:
- Car accidents. A child’s age and weight can factor into the severity of injuries sustained in a collision.
- Falls. This could happen anywhere, including at home or on the playground. Places that allow young visitors must take precautions to promote their safety or risk being held responsible in a premises liability claim.
- Suffocation. Infants must sleep alone on a firm surface. If a child was placed in a hazardous situation where they suffocated, the other party could be held responsible for child endangerment.
- Poisoning. If you gave your child a medication that did not have clear instructions regarding dosage on the label, you could have the basis of a product liability claim.
- Fire/burns. Children must be supervised to make sure that they do not engage with anything that involves extreme heat, including stoves, ovens, lighters, and fireworks.
How your child was injured will factor into who can be held responsible for your damages. To get started with a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
Winter Garden Child Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
A Winter Garden Child Injury Lawyer Can Pursue Losses
No child should suffer due to another party’s negligence. Under Florida Statute 95.11, you generally have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. However, your child may be granted additional time to act from the date of their 18th birthday, depending on the details of your situation.
While you are helping your child recover from their injuries, a Winter Garden child injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills, including the cost of corrective procedures and emergency care
- Lost wages, if you had to take time off work to care for your child
- Reduced earning capacity, if your child developed a disability that prevented you from returning to your preferred method of employment
- Childcare costs, if you have to pay for an in-home nurse to care for your child
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can pursue financial recovery for you and your family. For a free consultation, call 1-800-747-3733.