Your car accident lawyer will deal with the insurance companies for you. Many people assume that insurance companies are on their side, but this is rarely the case. After a car accident where injuries were suffered, you may feel overwhelmed. Medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering are just a portion of what a victim has to deal with after a car accident. Some insurance companies take advantage of this and attempt to persuade accident victims to accept a low settlement. An attorney will protect your rights.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Insurance Companies Are Often Difficult to Work With
Other than dealing with health issues and medical problems, one of the most complicated and challenging aspects after a car accident is attempting to deal with the insurance company. There are several things that insurance companies may do to intentionally frustrate you and attempt to wear you down.
- Offer you a low settlement
- Attempt to get you to say something that will jeopardize your claim
- “Total” your vehicle incorrectly
- Ignore you after a settlement offer to attempt to delay your claim, hoping you will miss the deadline to file a lawsuit imposed by FL § 95.11
- Attempt to get you to sign documents that take away your rights
- Continue to deny a claim to frustrate you and hope that you will miss a deadline to file a lawsuit
You are not legally obligated to speak with the driver’s insurance company. Always remember that the intent and goal of the insurance company is to pay out as little as possible in claims.
We Can Handle the Insurance Company for You
A car accident lawyer can take the stress out of dealing with the pressure tactics of the other driver’s insurance company. These are some ways that a car accident lawyer can deal with the insurance company for you.
- Investigate and identify all negligent parties that can be liable for your losses under FL § 324.021, and contact each insurance company on your behalf
- File all claims with all insurance companies
- Identify and submit to insurance companies all of the documentation that is required for your claim including medical bills, property losses, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- Handle all communication with the insurer
- Perform thorough and detailed calculations of the full value of your losses and submit those to the insurance company
- Handle the entire claim process, including negotiations with the claims adjusters
- Ensure that insurance companies are held to the timelines required by Florida law
- Negotiate a final settlement with the insurance company on your behalf that is fair and obtains compensation for all of your injuries and losses
- If necessary, file a lawsuit against the insurance company on your behalf for all injuries and losses
Ultimately, a car accident attorney will be your advocate in dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf. A car accident attorney will be able to negotiate with insurance companies as well as bring a lawsuit if they do not offer a fair settlement to compensate you for the negligence and recklessness of their policyholder. Having a car accident attorney deal with the insurance companies on your behalf ensures that you will have the law and your rights explained to you, and that someone will be advocating your behalf at every stage of the process.
Contact our lawyers today!
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Florida
If you suffered injuries related to a car accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will handle the insurance company for you. Call 1-800-747-3733 to speak with our team. A car accident lawyer will deal with the insurance companies for you. Let us fight for you.