Motorcycle riders are more likely to suffer severe injuries in accidents. They are also more likely to experience steep financial losses, including the loss of their vehicle, medical bills, and wages. If you were in a motorcycle accident and are struggling to financially cope and recover from your injuries, a University personal injury lawyer from our firm can help.
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can give you the opportunity to recuperate while we handle your case for compensation. We go above and beyond for our clients by trying to take some of your overwhelming responsibilities off of your plate and putting them onto ours. Call today for a free case evaluation.
What Damages Can I Receive After My Motorcycle Accident?
“Damages” are the losses you experience due to your accident. In Florida, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) won’t cover motorcyclists, so your path to compensation will most likely include a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Motorcycle accident lawsuits allow you to claim more possible damages than in PIP accident claims.
Possible damages for motorcycle accident victims include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property losses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
Which damages you can pursue will depend on the unique circumstances of your case. As a motorcycle accident victim, calculating your pain and suffering is unique from other car accidents. Our team can talk with you to evaluate the extent of your losses, so we can negotiate an appropriate settlement.
How Much Will I Receive?
Motorcycle accidents are a varied bunch. They can occur on highways, intersections, or on sleepy side roads. This variability extends to the types of injuries victims suffer. Severe accidents can cause debilitating injuries, whereas others end with a more easily treated injury.
Every motorcycle accident is unique. Therefore, each settlement offer in a motorcycle case is also unique. The value of a settlement can be impacted by:
- Evidence of your injuries and their severity as well as the accident’s financial repercussions
- Evidence of the liable party’s fault
- The outcome of lawsuit negotiations or verdicts
The Benefits of Working With a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Our Firm
Motorcycle accidents are confusing and frustrating. While you are juggling personal responsibilities and healing, you shouldn’t have to deal with negotiations or defense attorneys.
Our legal services are designed to alleviate this stress. This is how we support our motorcycle accident clients:
- Assisting with scheduling vehicle repair appointments
- Consistent updates on the status of your case
- Answers to your legal questions
- Speaking with defense attorneys and liable parties
- Assembling evidence to support your case
- Negotiating for your compensation
- Representing you in court proceedings
When you get into a motorcycle accident, the last thing you want to deal with is a legal case. That’s where we come in. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
What Is Required To Build A Strong Case
The strength of your lawsuit depends on the quality and quantity of the evidence you have, including:
- Witness interviews
- Expert testimonials
- Your medical records
- Footage of the crash, including dash cam footage
- Images of the crash scene
- Black box data
- Police reports
Our lawyers can use this evidence to build a case against the at-fault driver or other liable parties. Potentially liable parties in a motorcycle accident case can also include:
- A government group responsible for road maintenance
- A trucker or trucking company
- A vehicle manufacturer
What If I Can’t Afford To Hire A Lawyer For My Motorcycle Accident?
Given that insurance coverage for motorcycle drivers is variable and your health insurance may not fully cover your expenses, you may have been forced to dig into your savings to pay your fees. Worse than that, getting the care you need may have put you into debt.
We know how financially difficult motorcycle accidents are. For this reason, we handle motorcycle accident victims on a contingency-fee basis. We don’t require any upfront fees and only charge you if we win your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you typically have four years after a motorcycle accident to pursue a lawsuit. Wrongful death cases have a shorter deadline of two years.
These deadlines may sound long. However, it may benefit you to get started on your case as soon as you can for the following reasons:
- Gathering evidence and building a case takes time
- The sooner you begin contacting witnesses, the better; they may forget what they know about your accident as time goes on
- Evidence can get lost
What Should I Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
There are a few steps you can take after a motorcycle accident to benefit your case. While it’s not always possible to adhere to these steps, we recommend that you:
- Secure immediate medical attention. Your health should be your priority. By speaking with a doctor, you can learn about the severity of your conditions and plan for treatment. Similarly, securing medical attention is the best way to document your injuries. It’s difficult to start a case without seeing a doctor.
- Gather evidence. After an accident, gather as much evidence as you can. This can include pictures of the accident and contact information of those who witnessed the accident. Your lawyer can help you gather this.
- Don’t give a statement without your lawyer’s guidance. As documentation of your case will be used to secure compensation, it’s important to make sure no one manipulates you (purposefully or otherwise) to accidentally incriminate yourself, especially on paper. Your lawyers will help you prepare for your deposition, if necessary.
Hire A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand what you’re going through. We’re ready to stand up for you and your rights. We care for the residents of University and want to help them move forward with their lives. Contact our offices for a free case evaluation today.
We Can Help.