Tamarac Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Call us for help if you’ve been involved in a drunk driving accident in Tamarac.

If a drunk driver injured you in the Tamarac area, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you seek justice and get the money you need to get back on your feet. Our lawyer can help you pursue compensation for your medical care and other related expenses in your drunk-driving accident.

For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Tamarac, call (800) 747-3733

You Should not Have to Pay for Losses an Intoxicated Driver Caused

Drunk driving is against the law. According to Florida Statutes §316.193, a person is driving under the influence (DUI) if they have a blood-alcohol level or breath-alcohol level of 0.08 or higher. Drivers who get behind the wheel intoxicated should be held legally and financially responsible for the damages they cause. 

Our attorneys who handle drunk-driving accident cases can help you seek awards for:

  • Past and future medical treatment: This includes emergency department care, medical procedures, rehabilitation services, medications, and medical devices.
  • Pain and suffering: These awards compensate you for the physical, mental, and emotional impact of your accident and injuries. You could win damages for chronic pain, loss of mobility, loss of a limb or bodily function, and loss of enjoyment of life.
  • Personal property damage: You can seek compensation for the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle and other damaged property, such as your cellphone or stereo equipment. 
  • Lost wages: This includes pay you have lost because of your injuries, as well as compensation for the loss of your future earning capacity, if applicable to your case.
  • Wrongful death: You may have the right to seek awards on behalf of a deceased loved one. This includes the above-mentioned damages, as well as funeral and burial expenses. Florida Statutes §768.21 states that surviving family members may also seek compensation for their own pain and suffering caused by their loved one’s death.

How much Compensation Can You Receive for Your DUI Accident?

How much your case is worth will depend on:

  • The severity of your injuries
  • The cost of your vehicle damages
  • How long you are out of work due to your accident
  • Your pay at the time of your injuries
  • Your age
  • The cost of your medical treatment
  • Your future medical needs
  • The extent of your pain and suffering
  • Whether your injuries are temporary or permanent

Our lawyers serving the Tamarac area are familiar with drunk driving cases. We will investigate the specifics of your accident and injuries and work hard to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.

Tamarac Drunk Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733

Drunk Driving is Negligent Driving

According to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 typically causes:

  • Poor coordination
  • Impaired vision
  • Slowed reaction times
  • Impaired judgment
  • Impaired perception
  • A reduced ability to detect danger

These alcohol-induced side effects may result in speeding, inability to maintain lane position, and loss of vehicle control, among other dangerous driving behaviors.

Proving Alcohol Caused Your Crash

If you believe alcohol consumption contributed to your accident in Tamarac, our lawyers will set out to help you prove it. We will obtain evidence that shows the liable party engaged in drunk driving and build your case using:

  • Testimony from witnesses who saw your crash
  • Witnesses who can speak to the at-fault driver’s alcohol consumption and level of intoxication
  • Blood-alcohol or breath-alcohol test results
  • Field sobriety test results
  • Crash reconstruction experts
  • Photographs and videos of your accident and injuries
  • Medical records and expert medical opinions

Click to contact our Tamarac Car Accident Lawyers today

We Can Help You Deal with the Insurance Companies

Our lawyers can help you file a claim with your personal injury protection (PIP) provider. However, if you have severe injuries, your medical bills may exceed your coverage. We can assist you with a claim against the drunk driver who caused your crash. While PIP coverage is limited to medical expenses, a third-party claim may also include compensation for property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Dealing with insurance companies can be a headache, especially when you have to communicate with multiple providers. We can take care of this task for you so that you can focus on your recovery. We will:

  • Draft and send your demand letters
  • Prove the driver who hit you was intoxicated and driving negligently
  • Field phone calls, emails, and letters from the insurance companies
  • Negotiate for fair compensation on your behalf
  • Review your settlement offers and offer counsel

What can You do to Assist with Your Claim?

You can help your chances of securing a successful settlement by:

  • Seeking medical treatment: If you have not already done so, seek treatment for your injuries right away. According to Florida Statutes §627.736, PIP coverage will only pay for your medical care if you seek treatment within 14 days of your accident.
  • Keep records: Keep all records related to your medical care and other expenses. This includes medical bills, medical-related travel expenses, receipts for vehicle repairs, and pay stubs showing your lost wages.
  • Refer insurance representatives to your attorney: If an insurance agent contacts you, do not go into detail about your accident or injuries. Do not speculate about the cause of your accident or who is at fault. Be polite, answer their questions briefly, and tell them to contact your lawyer with any future communications.

Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now

If Necessary, We Can Go to Trial to Get You the Awards you Need

If an insurance settlement cannot resolve your case, we can help you with a lawsuit. Legal action is bound by the statute of limitations. You generally have four years to file a personal injury claim, according to Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a). You have two years to sue for wrongful death, according to Florida Statute § 95.11(4)(d). Reach out to our team before your window of time expires.

Call Us Today for a Free Case Review

At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we go the extra mile to help our clients get the awards they need. We offer professional legal services at no upfront cost to you. If we do not win your case, we do not collect a fee.

To learn more about working with a lawyer with our firm who handles drunk-driving accident cases in the Tamarac area, call for a free consultation.