Big rig truck accidents often involve severe injuries. If you were in a collision with a heavy truck on County Line Road, Mariner Boulevard, or another thoroughfare in Spring Hill, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue compensation for your medical treatment and more.
Our Spring Hill big rig truck accident lawyers are familiar with cases involving commercial vehicles and interstate trucking companies. We can file your insurance claims, negotiate on your behalf, and fight for the awards you need to maintain your financial health.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig trucks lawyer serving Spring Hill, call (800) 747-3733
Big Rig Accident Victims Can Suffer Life-Altering Injuries
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), a big rig truck with a loaded trailer can weigh up to 30 times as much as a passenger vehicle. Thus, the impact of such an oversized truck often results in severe and fatal injuries for the occupants of the smaller vehicle involved in the crash, including:
- Spinal injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe bruising and lacerations
- Facial injuries
- Loss of a limb
- Crushed or broken bones
- Sprains and contusions
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Shoulder injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
These injuries can result in thousands of dollars in medical treatment and drastically reduce your overall quality of life. If your accident was not your fault, you deserve compensation for your losses.
Spring Hill Big Rig Trucks Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Florida Truck Accident Damages
Our attorneys can pursue damages through an insurance claim or lawsuit against the negligent truck driver, trucking company, or other liable parties. You may qualify for compensation for:
- Medical bills: We can seek compensation for medical treatment related to your accident, including ambulance transportation, emergency room care, surgeries, and hospitalizations.
- Ongoing treatment: We can work with medical experts to estimate your future medical needs such as physical therapy, rehabilitation, medications, medical equipment, in-home care, and lifecare costs.
- Lost earnings: We can recover your back pay and lost benefits, tips, and bonuses. If you cannot return to your job because of your injuries, we could pursue compensation for the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Physical pain: A severe injury can cause chronic pain, loss of a body part, paralysis, and other physical issues that change how you live, work, and interact with friends and loved ones. We can seek monetary awards for these and other physical losses.
- Emotional and mental suffering: Accidents can be traumatic, and the resulting injuries can affect your emotional and mental well-being. As a result, you may qualify for awards for stress, anxiety, depression, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Vehicle damages: We can recover the cost of your vehicle repairs or seek your car’s fair market value if the damages result in a total loss.
We Can Seek Justice For Your Loved One’s Fatal Injuries
If your loved one sustained a fatal injury during a big rig accident, you have our sincerest condolences. While you grieve their loss, let us pursue damages on behalf of your family member’s estate and survivors for their wrongful death.
Compensation could include the decedent’s medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and lost income. Survivors may also seek compensation for losing their loved one’s protection, support, companionship, and parental guidance.
Common Causes Of Big Rig Crashes
Financial responsibility for your damages depends on the cause of your crash. Common reasons for big rig collisions include:
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to follow Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Driver intoxication
- Driver inexperience
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Improperly attached trailers
- Overloaded or unsecured cargo
- Defective brakes or tires
Big rig accident cases can become complicated because they might involve a negligent truck driver, but their employer and other parties can also bear liability. A third-party driver could even owe you compensation if their actions contributed to your crash. We can assist with claims against one or more liable parties, which may include:
- A commercial vehicle driver
- A third-party motorist
- The trucking company
- A truck manufacturer or auto parts maker
- The truck’s owner (if not the driver)
- The cargo owner or loader
- A truck maintenance company
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Collect Evidence And Build Your Case
Big rig cases can have a lot of evidence to collect and sift through. Therefore, our big rig truck accident attorneys serving Spring Hill can reach out to the involved parties to preserve records and data that can prove liability. Case evidence may include:
- The truck’s “black box” data recorder
- Truck maintenance records
- The truck driver’s driving record and logbook
- The trucking company’s employment records
- Alcohol or drug testing results
Our team can also locate and interview eyewitnesses, work with crash reconstruction experts, and track down available video or surveillance footage of your accident.
In addition to proving negligence, we will also demonstrate that your collision resulted in out-of-pocket and intangible losses. For example, we will review bills, receipts, and other accident-related expenses. In addition, we can estimate a fair sum for your future medical needs and adequate compensation for your pain and suffering. We may work with economists, vocational experts, and medical professionals to make these calculations.
Act Before The Statute of Limitations Runs Out
Though many car accident cases settle outside of court, you should remain aware of Florida’s statute of limitations. If legal action is necessary, Florida Statutes § 95.11 gives you four years to file a personal injury lawsuit and two years to pursue a wrongful death claim.
If time expires, the court will likely not hear your case. In addition, waiting too long can negatively affect your insurance negotiations. However, our Spring Hill big rig truck accident lawyers can start today.
About the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine commits itself to client service and helping personal injury victims recover from the devastating effects of their accidents. From filing your case to representing you in court if needed, we aim to support our clients legally and personally. We will stand beside you and advocate powerfully for you and your family. Our team will even help schedule your appointments and get your vehicle repaired.
Call our offices to get started on your case and learn more about how we can work for you on contingency. In addition, we provide free case evaluations.